Abdullah 2013 Rushing Estimate

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We shouldn't act like losing Heard was no big deal, He was one top RB prospects of the 2010 class and we had high expectations do to his ability when he finally qualified and joined the team. No we aren't hurting with his departure as we have some great talent coming in, but we did lose a decent athlete.

Who said it wasn't a big deal? I never stated that. But really, is it that big of a deal? Based on your analysis, the kid couldn't pick up the blitz, your words not mine, so why do you think he would have seen the field more than Cross, Newby and/or Taylor? There are more reasons than the ones you stated, on why he wasn't on the field more this year. AA could pick up the blitz, but he got thrown around like a rag doll when it did happen.

But really, losing Heard, is it that big of a deal? It takes a notch out of our depth, but I do not think its that big of a deal. There is a reason he was being asked to play WR as well.

I voted no. There is no way he is big enough to carry the ball that many times. He started last year due to Burkhead being out, but I don't think he was our best backup. Our best backup just left for another team.....again.

Then why didnt Heard come in when Rex got hurt?

The doghouse theory has been debunked on numerous occasions.

Injury kept him out. Only injury. We lost a good one there.

He couldn't pass block.

Do I agree that AA won't get to 1500? Yes. But not for the reason that you gave "We go no huddle and Beck passes more out of the no huddle offense." That simply Isn't the case bra.

Umm, my reasoning was due to the no huddle offense bra.....:lol: That was just a subject that was brought up in the conversation.

" Beck's system shows it can hit from different angles in the offense, whether that be the RB, the QB's running ability, or the WR. And in a hurry up offense, you see more passing than you do running anyway, which is something Beck tends to do to get the defense on it's heels."

Since the stats aren't exactly easy to come across, here you go. We ran the ball in Beck's offense 64% of the time I believe it was stated. As you pointed out, we dont run from the no-huddle all the time. but to claim that it isnt a huge staple of our offense wouldnt be accurate. Based on the stats that we have at hand, I can adequately conclude that we didnt pass more from the no-huddle offense than we ran. Again, your statement, how should I say this, is misguided. I can't say with 100% certainty that you are incorrect, but the odds are in my favor. Again, even when we go no-huddle, we will not pass more than we run.

I dig what you are saying but I guess without one of us actually going in and creating the stats ourselves or stumbling across someone who has done it, then we basically have our own perceptions to go by. I'm not arguing that we aren't a run first offense. I, not in this thread, have mentioned many times that regardless of how talented our WRs get, running will and should always be our bread & butter. The hurry up offense is a huge staple of Beck's system, because of how effective it is when he uses it. That doesn't mean he runs it all the time or most of the time. Sometimes we confuse the hurry up offense with the no huddle offense, which is actually what Beck does most often. I believe he calls it the "Check with me" factor.

Again, I'm not disagreeing with you or anyone else pointing to our overall stats on run vs pass. I'm simply stating that if you watch the games we play, when we actually go into the hurry up offense, the RB often times becomes the slot receiver thus spreading the defense then a little more rather than running to the line only to see the defense load the box repeatedly.

We shouldn't act like losing Heard was no big deal, He was one top RB prospects of the 2010 class and we had high expectations do to his ability when he finally qualified and joined the team. No we aren't hurting with his departure as we have some great talent coming in, but we did lose a decent athlete.

Who said it wasn't a big deal? I never stated that. But really, is it that big of a deal? Based on your analysis, the kid couldn't pick up the blitz, your words not mine, so why do you think he would have seen the field more than Cross, Newby and/or Taylor? There are more reasons than the ones you stated, on why he wasn't on the field more this year. AA could pick up the blitz, but he got thrown around like a rag doll when it did happen.

But really, losing Heard, is it that big of a deal? It takes a notch out of our depth, but I do not think its that big of a deal. There is a reason he was being asked to play WR as well.

Do you purposely try to take offense to everything I say? Are you really dying to be confrontational with me? Or are you truly having problems comprehending what I am saying?......

I didn't say that you said it wasn't a big deal....I was speaking in general terms.......I said WE shouldn't act like losing Heard isn't a big deal.....why, because he was a talented back. To state otherwise is ignorance. Yes, I stated he couldn't pick up a blitz. AA being thrown around like a rag doll I've yet to see. No he wasn't consistent all the time, sometimes he picked up the wrong side/rusher, but never seen him man handled. Even if he was, it wasn't so often that we should label him weak in pass protection.

You first stated that it his "hammy" injury and it's after effects makes you wonder if there were other issues, in other words you don't know if there is. But now you say that "there are other reasons why he didn't see the field other than the ones I stated" as if now you have some information I don't. Being that I know B.Heard personally, and Coach Brown, I haven't heard (no pun intended) of any secret reasons that kept him from seeing the field. Please enlighten me.

Do you purposely try to take offense to everything I say? Are you really dying to be confrontational with me? Or are you truly having problems comprehending what I am saying?......

I didn't say that you said it wasn't a big deal....I was speaking in general terms.......I said WE shouldn't act like losing Heard isn't a big deal.....why, because he was a talented back. To state otherwise is ignorance. Yes, I stated he couldn't pick up a blitz. AA being thrown around like a rag doll I've yet to see. No he wasn't consistent all the time, sometimes he picked up the wrong side/rusher, but never seen him man handled. Even if he was, it wasn't so often that we should label him weak in pass protection.

You first stated that it his "hammy" injury and it's after effects makes you wonder if there were other issues, in other words you don't know if there is. But now you say that "there are other reasons why he didn't see the field other than the ones I stated" as if now you have some information I don't. Being that I know B.Heard personally, and Coach Brown, I haven't heard (no pun intended) of any secret reasons that kept him from seeing the field. Please enlighten me.

Well to start this off, you did quote me right? Confrontational? Maybe you shouldn't take someone disagreeing with you so f'ing personal. Take your panties off man, not one time did I attack you or belittle you in your post, let alone get confrontational. I did state that I don't think Heard is a HUGE loss. His a loss, but its not huge.

Also, I highly doubt you know either of these two personally. If you do, I am sure they didn't tell you why players weren't playing. How can we honestly say that Heard was that good of a back? We saw him on 50 carries, when the defense was already worn down. He didn't play enough to say he was "completely talented". I do think he was a talented back, but if he was this "amazing" RB you said he is, why in the f#*k would we be switching him to CB and WR? Shouldn't he clearly be our #1 guy in our running game?

AA was good at reading blocks, but he was too small to block those DT/DE. Look at the MSU game for instance. Every blitz brought it, AA was knocked on his ass. It's not a knock on him, but its something you expect to happen when you have a small RB blocking.

I voted no. There is no way he is big enough to carry the ball that many times. He started last year due to Burkhead being out, but I don't think he was our best backup. Our best backup just left for another team.....again.

He couldn't pass block.

Well, neither could Abdullah. More likely was the injury thing.

Well to start this off, you did quote me right? Confrontational? Maybe you shouldn't take someone disagreeing with you so f'ing personal. Take your panties off man, not one time did I attack you or belittle you in your post, let alone get confrontational. I did state that I don't think Heard is a HUGE loss. His a loss, but its not huge.

Confrontational.....yes. I stated a general response and you came back with....."did I say that"....And the belittling is a cliche you are bitching about, not me. I never complained about belittling or an attack.....if it was present, I'm sure my feelings still wouldn't be hurt....because I find it hard to give a damn, honestly......just the way I was built.

Also, I highly doubt you know either of these two personally. If you do, I am sure they didn't tell you why players weren't playing. How can we honestly say that Heard was that good of a back? We saw him on 50 carries, when the defense was already worn down. He didn't play enough to say he was "completely talented". I do think he was a talented back, but if he was this "amazing" RB you said he is, why in the f#*k would we be switching him to CB and WR? Shouldn't he clearly be our #1 guy in our running game?

I the energy to care what you "highly doubt" as I didn't quote it to gain any brownie points from you. But in my profession, I deal with the student athletes at UNL often, not just football. Some of them are really good guys, others not so much, more of the typical "jock" if you will. I've dealt with Heard a few times, even taken him up to Omaha a couple times when he and a couple other players did some volunteering for youth program last year. Coach Brown I've known from church functions. He's actually a really good guy. And yes, I do talk football sometimes during those functions.

But anyway, since you have taken it that way, I didn't state this as to say, they came to me with the ins and outs of Heard's dealings. I simply stated it because based on my dealings with them and what we all see on the field, through media, etc...this is the perception I got.

And I see you completely ignored the information that I asked you to share with me, which lets me know you didn't know much of anything, but rather tried to jump subjects yet again but "highly doubting" I knew anybody involved with the program....:lol: It's all good though....you're comical.

AA was good at reading blocks, but he was too small to block those DT/DE. Look at the MSU game for instance. Every blitz brought it, AA was knocked on his ass. It's not a knock on him, but its something you expect to happen when you have a small RB blocking.

And I will go back and watch the MSU game... Not saying he hasn't been thrown around, I just said, I don't recall ever seeing it and if it did happen it wasn't often. After my Spurs win this championship....;)....I have nothing to watch on television so normally the months of June/July I'm normally looking at old Husker games......it's my favorite part of the summer.

Anyway, just so you know, we seem to be saying the same thing, yet again. I don't see a reason to continue to debate/argue/etc....another subject in this thread with you. I didn't wait 4 years to post on this forum to debate silly little details with the same poster over and over again, whom has the same conclusion as I do, but doesn't agree with how I came up with the conclusion......Get a grip dude.

He couldn't pass block.

Well, neither could Abdullah. More likely was the injury thing.

Ameer made Braylon look like a matador.

If AA had a higher top end speed and another 20 pounds of muscle he'd be a great running back. His footwork and cutting ability is fun to watch, and the added weight would help in his pass protection. He's a little guy though, so there's some give and take.

The only significant knock I have against AA is an affinity for fumbling at innopportune times.

If AA had a higher top end speed and another 20 pounds of muscle he'd be a great running back. His footwork and cutting ability is fun to watch, and the added weight would help in his pass protection. He's a little guy though, so there's some give and take.

The only significant knock I have against AA is an affinity for fumbling at innopportune times.

Are you crazy...20 pound's? He is 5'9 185-190 right now...you want him 5'9 210??..he is also pound for pound one of the strongest guys on the team. He squats almost 500 pound's

• Fire 1

Are you crazy...20 pound's? He is 5'9 185-190 right now...you want him 5'9 210??..he is also pound for pound one of the strongest guys on the team. He squats almost 500 pound's

Barry Sanders was 5'8" and had a near 205 lb. playing weight. Adding on weight wouldn't necessarily hurt AA.

Barry Sanders was 5'8" and had a near 205 lb. playing weight. Adding on weight wouldn't necessarily hurt AA.

Wasn't Trent Richardson like 59'' 215 or something like that? Adding on weight would probably just make AA more durable

porkchop.jpg

306854.jpg

• Fire 1