Abdullah 2013 Rushing Estimate

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wasn't Trent Richardson like 59'' 215 or something like that? Adding on weight would probably just make AA more durable

Definitely 5'9" and I'm almost positive he could be in the 225+ range now.

But that's my point, being little doesn't mean you can't add bulk while maintaining speed. He may be strong already, but I'd like to see him be around 200 if he could maintain or even increase his speed.

Wasn't Trent Richardson like 59'' 215 or something like that? Adding on weight would probably just make AA more durable

Definitely 5'9" and I'm almost positive he could be in the 225+ range now.

NFL and the Brown's website have him sitting at 230lbs

Trent has the right frame for the weight though. Abdullah on the other hand doesn't. Some people just can't put on 20 pounds without it being fat.

Trent has the right frame for the weight though. Abdullah on the other hand doesn't. Some people just can't put on 20 pounds without it being fat.

I'm no nutritionist or athletic expert, but is an extra 15 pounds of muscle really that unreachable for Abdullah? I'm not saying he needs to be 230 pounds, but is 200-205 pounds implausible for him?

I'm no nutritionist or athletic expert, but is an extra 15 pounds of muscle really that unreachable for Abdullah? I'm not saying he needs to be 230 pounds, but is 200-205 pounds implausible for him?

If he is already physically fit, minimal fat, which I think is his case, its much harder than you would think. Possible yes, but not as easy as hitting the gym and getting a good work out. It takes a lot of dietary, intense and long workouts, and doing it with no performance enhancers makes it much more difficult.

He may have already gone this route and found out that he isn't as fast or elusive too. Take that as a grain of salt, as its just my opinion, but if it was that easy, and he got faster, or stayed just as fast/elusive, you think it would be done already. They have formed Cross into what they want, and are continuing to do so. You'd think they have already done that with AA.

If he is already physically fit, minimal fat, which I think is his case, its much harder than you would think. Possible yes, but not as easy as hitting the gym and getting a good work out. It takes a lot of dietary, intense and long workouts, and doing it with no performance enhancers makes it much more difficult.

He may have already gone this route and found out that he isn't as fast or elusive too. Take that as a grain of salt, as its just my opinion, but if it was that easy, and he got faster, or stayed just as fast/elusive, you think it would be done already. They have formed Cross into what they want, and are continuing to do so. You'd think they have already done that with AA.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts.

• 4 months later...

Rebumping this thread, but what's every think now? 5 games down, 7 guaranteed left, possibly 8 if we make it to the CCG.

Right now, Abdullah is at 690 yards and averaging 138 yards/game. 810 yards needed to hit 1500. My original take was him getting 1400ish.

With 7 games left, he only has to average 116 yards/game, and if we make it to the CCG, he only needs to average 101. From the way we have been playing, it looks like he will be close. Here is my breakdown for the rest of the season, and where he could possibly land...

Purdue- I think he gets more than 150 yards, but we will just go with 150, if he gets way more, then it helps his case even more. (840 yards)

Minnesota- 150 again, but I do believe he gets more. (990 yards)

Northwestern- 120 yards is very possible (1110 yards)

Michigan- 110 yards, their defense looks good against the rush right now, but I think we break it down a bit. (1220 yards)

Michigan St- If their defense is what it is, which I doubt, I will just go with the flow and say 80. I personally think we exploit it, just like last year. (1300 yards)

Penn St- Defense will be wore out by mid/late game and, Pelini will give this kid the snaps necessary to get the record. 100 yards just say. (1400 yards)

Iowa- 80 yards, defense is decent, but just throwing a lower number out there. (1480 yards)

CCG- Safe to say he could have at least 80 (if we make it) ((not adding to total yards until the end))

Bowl Game- Depending on who it is, but I will just go low number, if we face someone like Stanford. 60 yards

By the end of the season, I believe its safe to say that he is on track for a 1500 yard season, BEFORE bowl games, and could be over 1600 by end of season. I do believe he will be over my guesses on Purdue, Minnesota, Northwestern, Iowa and Penn St. All their rushing defense looks sketchy.

I guess I am just drinking the koolaid, but its not impossible. I will definitely be rooting for him, even though its a HUGE milestone!

Man a lot of people were talking smack about my boy Ameer, no I don't really know him..lol. I know Several of you were saying these things back in March or May. He has proven the doubters wrong for sure. He bulked up to 200 pounds and was lifter of the year and pound pound the strongest guy on the team. Has fumbled less. Showing break away speed by busting one for 35 or 40 yard last week, and showed excellent field vision. Very good team leader and give all the credit to the O-line and our awesome blocking WR's. Love the guy

1500 yards is all going to come down to injuries. If he stays healthy, then yes. But it's damn near iimpossible for a RB to remain injury free for a whole season. I'd guess he gets dinged up at some point and misses some PT due to the injury. Maybe ends up with 1200 yards or so. JMDO (D = drunken)