The New York Times is following HuskerBoard.com's P&R Forum

Okay guys. I've got solid evidence here:

JJHusker1's post at 12:03pm includes a euphemism for penis:

Bum Knee Banana Dick Johnson LINK

The NY Time article posted at 12:06pm—a mere three minutes later—also includes a euphemism for penis:

In a Circuslike Outing, Weiner Hits the Campaign Trail LINK

I'd say this is incontrovertible proof. :lol:

urkel.gif

Least there be any doubt, or if your sarcasm detector is broken, one should not take the thread title literally.

The point of the thread is that posters on this board are addressing the salient aspect of todays's political headlines, even before the major media gets around to it.

1. A few weeks ago, JJ suggested there wasn't any reason somebody should NOT come out of the closet in today's society. Posters here correctly noted the many reason why someone will not or can not come out. The teacher learned this lesson too.
  2. Among all the 1st Amendment cries around the AP phone records, posters here have correctly noted that there is a real national security issue around stopping the leaks. The second article makes that point too.
  3. With the NRA's suggestion that we need guns to defend ourselves against government tyranny and gun show background checks will lead to a data base of gun owners (even though gun dealer background checks haven't) along with dozens of other political paranoias discussed on the tinfoil and tyranny threads, several posts tried to figure out what causes otherwise smart people to take the bait. It turns out that many scientist are studing this too (and the findings are but bigotry and profiling).

Least there be any doubt, or if your sarcasm detector is broken, one should not take the thread title literally.

The point of the thread is that posters on this board are addressing the salient aspect of todays's political headlines, even before the major media gets around to it.

1. A few weeks ago, JJ suggested there wasn't any reason somebody should come out of the closet in today's society. Posters here correctly noted the many reason why someone will not or can not come out. The teacher learned this lesson too.
  2. Among all the 1st Amendment cries around the AP phone records, posters here have correctly noted that there is a real national security issue around stopping the leaks. The second article makes that point too.
  3. With the NRA's suggestion that we need guns to defend ourselves against government tyranny and gun show background checks will lead to a data base of gun owners (even though gun dealer background checks haven't) along with dozens of other political paranoias discussed on the tinfoil and tyranny threads, several posts tried to figure out what causes otherwise smart people to take the bait. It turns out that many scientist are studing this too (and the findings are but bigotry and profiling).

Actually, I suggested that people should come out of the closet because I felt the upside of that, emotionally and psychologically, far outweighed the possible negatives. Some posters did make some valid points as to why society might not be quite as accepting. You might think my point was blown completely out of the water, I however do not.

1341421730_boy_pushes_girl_off_box.gif

And seems to be writing about the topics we have been discussing before the rest of American catches up with what readers here already know or have learned.

Perhaps the editors there are giving assignments to opinion writers and reports based on the threads here. (Headlines, Ripped from the Forum!)

Here are 3 examples (all from a just 24 hour period ending yesterday):

1. One School’s Catholic Teaching: With just the briefest acknowledgement of her life partner, Carla Hale lost the job she’d loved for more than 18 years.
  2. Stop the Leaks: Prosecutors were right to obtain phone records of A.P. journalists. (Written by 3 former Attorneys General--one under Bush I, one under Clinton, one under Bush II)
  3. Why Rational People Buy Into Conspiracy Theories: Psychologists are beginning to unravel the mystery behind this brand of American political paranoia.

Each of these pieces seem to be written as if they are attempting to specifically address posts that have been made in recently.

42328-muppets-attention-whore-gif-z2tZ.gif

1. A few weeks ago, JJ suggested there wasn't any reason somebody should NOT come out of the closet in today's society. Posters here correctly noted the many reason why someone will not or can not come out. The teacher learned this lesson too.

Actually, I suggested that people should come out of the closet because I felt the upside of that, emotionally and psychologically, far outweighed the possible negatives. Some posters did make some valid points as to why society might not be quite as accepting. You might think my point was blown completely out of the water, I however do not.

Do you have a link to where you "suggested that people should come out of the closet because I felt the upside of that, emotionally and psychologically, far outweighed the possible negatives"?

Uh oh. Someone is getting their mask and cape ready.

I find it cute that he stated JJ said something without linking to said comments, then when JJ corrected him with what he really said, Someone said he needed a link to these statements.

wjw

It seems I left the word NOT out pf my above post.

Here is what JJ actually posted.

I guess I don't understand what forces are keeping anyone "in" at this point. I suppose some have some close family members that may make them hesitate but, the general public being aware that they're gay? I don't see any downside anymore. Get that weight off your chest and start being who you are. That's what I think anyway.

http://www.huskerboa...ost__p__1154529

Posters here correctly noted the many reason why somebody will not or can not come out.

I find it cute that he stated JJ said something without linking to said comments, then when JJ corrected him with what he really said, Someone said he needed a link to these statements.

wjw

I guess I don't understand what forces are keeping anyone "in" at this point. I suppose some have some close family members that may make them hesitate but, the general public being aware that they're gay? I don't see any downside anymore. Get that weight off your chest and start being who you are. That's what I think anyway.

Posters here correctly noted the many reason why somebody will not or can not come out.

ipQugCELl54CU.gif

wjw

5.gif