New field turf for 2013

Anyone know the mechanics of this placing the rubber and cork deal? I have only played on the stuff, never saw it installed; I thought they put that stuff down first and then put the turf over it; how do they get that junk in there with the turf already down? Maybe this is a silly question.

I asked the guys laying the carpet this very question. They use a device like a road sweeper that combs the "grass" up while they dump the cork/rubber/sand mix into it. Kinda like this:

6bb2eca4668e531bab328346c780e163.jpg

Who the hell are you?

based on his picture i'd say Tom Osborne but I could be wrong lol.

• Fire 1

Anyone know the mechanics of this placing the rubber and cork deal? I have only played on the stuff, never saw it installed; I thought they put that stuff down first and then put the turf over it; how do they get that junk in there with the turf already down? Maybe this is a silly question.

I asked the guys laying the carpet this very question. They use a device like a road sweeper that combs the "grass" up while they dump the cork/rubber/sand mix into it. Kinda like this:

6bb2eca4668e531bab328346c780e163.jpg

Who the hell are you?

based on his picture i'd say Tom Osborne but I could be wrong lol.

Guys on road sweepers doin' backflips!

Another pic, hot off the presses:

JKpNaSy.jpg

Most agreed.... but i'm pretty sure there were some who thought I was over exaggerating that the N needed a new coat of paint. Non believers are out the window at this point.

Seriously though, whether its paint or the actual color of the turf... Don't wait ten years to redo the red. That's just ridiculous.

Most agreed.... but i'm pretty sure there were some who thought I was over exaggerating that the N needed a new coat of paint. Non believers are out the window at this point.

Seriously though, whether its paint or the actual color of the turf... Don't wait ten years to redo the red. That's just ridiculous.

it's actual colors of the fiber. And I dont recall much argument with the N needing freshened up. In fact, I recall a pretty unanimous agreement with such observation. You were right. It was very sickening looking.

it's actual colors of the fiber. And I dont recall much argument with the N needing freshened up. In fact, I recall a pretty unanimous agreement with such observation. You were right. It was very sickening looking.

yeah.... i keeping hearing in my head "but it's not paint, it's the actual color of the turf" in anticipation for when the red starts dulling again.

I'll start passing around a tip jar for knapp and his stadium entry abilities years in advance for him to slap on a new coat of paint when it needs it.

tip-jar-empty.jpg

yeah.... i keeping hearing in my head "but it's not paint, it's the actual color of the turf" in anticipation for when the red starts dulling again.

I'll start passing around a tip jar for knapp and his stadium entry abilities years in advance for him to slap on a new coat of paint when it needs it.

tip-jar-empty.jpg

'errrbody in club gettin tips