What was your beer choice in college?

Showing my age here..But in High School, I'd drink anything I could get me paws on..My 1st party, I got drunkish on Jack Daniels and Michelob..

I remember an extremely hot case of Hamms in the back of a neighbor's pickup that I burned my throat on...ended up using the rest to wash my hair.

In those days. you couldn't buy Coors in Nebraska, so of course...it was a delicacy and you had to have a relative buy cases of it whenever they ventured to Colorado.

My Parents would never buy for me, and usually insisted I not drink during Football Season by throwing around terms like "In Training" or something...My usual favourite was Bud, but I did go through a Miller (Squaw Peiss) phase for awhile...Then the Grocery store I worked at started selling this? if I remember right...Might have been just as I was leaving for UNL..

400_F_36960204_HFE49maSfq4t2LPGbua9eS7ksjHM7cxF.jpg

But there was a nasty rumor about it being made by Fallstaff which for some reason was too scary to try.

Seems like in College it was either a $2 bottle of Asti Spumanti if you were able to convince yourself you might find a girl to follow you home or this new beer called Bud Lite..

Sometimes at "N" street Drive-inn you could buy one of their 5 six packs of Buckhorn for $1.20 that somehow tasted like Bud if you had a great imagination...

Years later, I Spent a week in Boulder in the early '90s at a GC seminar and got hooked on micro brews (ruined me for other beers)..with no access to them in Phoenix at the time so I stopped drinking anything with alcohol for a couple of years until they started showing up on Supermarket Shelves out here..

Now I just usually get the Ale sampler case at Costco or if I'm feeling rich..One of the local brews..

In college it was Keystone Light. We'd always get a couple of 30 packs of 'stones. If that wasn't an option, we'd settle for the High Life.

whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, WHOA, whoa. you do not 'settle' for the high life, you gd earn it, brother.

Or you help your buddy steal Sacajawea dollars out of his parent's basement to buy it 40 ounces at a time.

Oh and some Mad Dog 20/20!

Haha...my freshman roommate drank that stuff. The orange one was tolerable, but the other flavors, good god.

Old Style and Popov vodka were my weapons of choice. $1 draws of PBR at Woody's were tough to beat too!

Oh and some Mad Dog 20/20!

Oh, man. I have stories.

But I'm not gonna share them here because I probably have warrants.

same here but I believe the statute of limitations is up so ill share. Freshman year at Kearney and before every store or gas station had cameras, we hit every Pump N Pantry on the way home and swiped one(orange being my favorites). Passed it around the car till gone then stopped again. Back then there was a PNP in every town from Kearney to Norfolk. So to sum up, the sh#t was free!

Usually just whatever was on sale: High Life, Busch Light, Keystone, Lacrosse Light. For a while the corner gas station had flats of Keystone tall boys that were cheaper than than a case of regular cans.

I'm mentioned this before, but we also had this:

7673150686_fa71a309da_b.jpg

It was like $9 for a 30 pack. Only beer I've ever seen in a fruity purple can. Tastes like sh#t.

This crap was awful. Thought the school I went to was the only place that sold it but apparently not. Funny story about this beer is that buddies of mine would get together in teams of 2 and have a golf scramble with the stipulation that your 30 pack of Beer 30 be gone by the time the 18th hole was finished. Team with the lowest score was provided another 30 for weekend festivities.

My beer of choice however was either bud light, busch light or keystone.