How Much Cheating IS Going On

I don't know about god-like, but he was a great coach and is a great and thoughtful person that genuinely cares about others, particularly when it comes to developing young men with values. He ran a program that was as clean as he could make it and then picked and tutored Pelini to do the same thing. There is a huge difference between the way our program is run versus so many others, so it offends me to see us lumped in with them by just saying that everybody cheats. It completely denigrates the amount of effort it takes to run a top program without taking shortcuts.

Part of our recruiting process is digging deep into a personals personality for a multitude of traits - but some that are automatic no-no's are players that we think will accept extra benefits that will jeopardize our program. Would you accept benefits *yes/no* why - the correct answer is team based, not individual.

If you are going to use that to defend TO, you better use the same logic to defend every other coach then because it goes both ways. And Bo must not be doing what is in the best interested of the kids entrusted to him then...because it was in the best interest of a few kids this year to be on the team still. Now their future is in limbo, as is their education. They're gone, because it's in the best interest of the team. Don't confuse what is in the best interest of the kid, with what is in the best interest of the team. In the LP situation, you'd be blind not to realize it's the latter. I'm just tired of hearing how TO was a saint, and then when Meyer has a kid get in trouble he's cheating or playing favorites.

TO made many mistakes no doubt, but statements like this make me question if a person is really a fan of the program. Helen Keller could see that we didn't need LP to win in 95. And if you ever listen to Sharp and Benning in the morning, Damon stated the TO didn't reinstate LP, rather he let the Unity Council decide LPs fate.

But back to the original discussion, I've heard that things in the 80's were way worse than anything we heard of from the 90's. Nothing to back it up, just rumors.