How Much Cheating IS Going On

I don't know about god-like, but he was a great coach and is a great and thoughtful person that genuinely cares about others, particularly when it comes to developing young men with values. He ran a program that was as clean as he could make it and then picked and tutored Pelini to do the same thing. There is a huge difference between the way our program is run versus so many others, so it offends me to see us lumped in with them by just saying that everybody cheats. It completely denigrates the amount of effort it takes to run a top program without taking shortcuts.

• Fire 2

I don't know about god-like, but he was a great coach and is a great and thoughtful person that genuinely cares about others, particularly when it comes to developing young men with values. He ran a program that was as clean as he could make it and then picked and tutored Pelini to do the same thing. There is a huge difference between the way our program is run versus so many others, so it offends me to see us lumped in with them by just saying that everybody cheats. It completely denigrates the amount of effort it takes to run a top program without taking shortcuts.

I think Osborne is a great man but also think he had his fair share of bending the rules when it came to players and the university.

• Fire 4

I think Osborne is a great man but also think he had his fair share of bending the rules when it came to players and the university.

tom%20osborne%20buffalo%20colorado%20nebraska%20view%20ralphie.jpg

Get those allegations out of here, unless you have proof.

• Fire 1

The SEC is basically the Old West. There are so many programs that blatantly cheat. The over-signing, the "medical hardships" to "cut the fat." We all know what happened at Ole Miss last cycle and we all know the Tevin Mitchell situation. Garbage. It becomes even harder for us to go down south and pull players from SEC country when we are going up against programs that know they'll never be punished for cheating.

The NCAA has got to do everything they can to make dang sure the field is a level playing field between the SEC and the rest of the country. I'm not saying they need to put in place certain rules to purposely break up the monopoly they seem to have. But, it is clear that there are certain things happening that has allowed the SEC to become the elephant they are today.

The longer this goes on, the worse it is for college football.

That's certainly part of it. They have no real subpoena power, so they have a hard time getting concrete evidence. That said, I think they should come down harder when they do catch someone red handed. The relatively light penalties combined with the difficulty of getting evidence means teams pretty much have a green light to cheat. At worst they'll lose a few scholarships and get probation if they get caught.

See, they can prove little things, like textbooks. But, when it comes to money or girls, well, they can't really prove it. If I was a rich booster and they came and asked me questions I would tell them to get lost, because I can and because they have no power over me.

So in other words, the NCAA is like a teacher and the athletic teams are the students. If the teams are doing something wrong, there's only so much that the NCAA has the ability to do.

• Fire 1

See, they can prove little things, like textbooks. But, when it comes to money or girls, well, they can't really prove it. If I was a rich booster and they came and asked me questions I would tell them to get lost, because I can and because they have no power over me.

So in other words, the NCAA is like a teacher and the athletic teams are the students. If the teams are doing something wrong, there's only so much that the NCAA has the ability to do.

Kinda!