Where do we look for the remaining 4

Looking at the weaknesses of the Huskers this year, our three biggest recruiting needs are: WR, OL, and DB's.

For a while I was very concerned about recruitng for OL and WR's, but the coches pulled through. Kudos to the Husker recruiters for bringing in quality players at each of these positions.

I assume we have around 4 scholarships left. Any insights into who the coaching staff is going to recruit hard to fill these last four slots?

even though i think there are diamonds out there in the JUCO ranks I would like to see the remaining 4 ships go to to either HS players or a JUCO who has 4 yrs to play 3.. recruiting is a gamble with anystudent that you get to commit at least we will have them for a little longer and not be in a bind in 2-3 yrs when the jucos that we have now or are getting this year are gone.

I know colleges are limited to 85 scholarship players on the team at one time, but are they limited to 25 scholarships per year also? or let say NU looses 30 players due to graduation, leave early for the NFL, or just leave school for any reason this year, will we be able to add those scholarships to the next year or are they just given to walkons already on the roster?

hello, I will take a stab based on what crabtree reported w/ a little of my own feelings:

j brown & deas are the closest to being N, though deas has/will have qualification troubles, yet may sign w/ NU come feb

wallace is going to shock everyone during army all-amer game, & will don a huskers hat

walton will follow wallace

mitchell & williams are visiting this weekend - so there are good chances there

if barrett visits fsu, say goodbye - will NU pull his schollie?

henry may not qualify - which may open up one schollie

walker may commit to fl after his visit - which may open up a schollie

p.s. davis is nc st's to lose, & mouton is all usc's (crabtree's predictions)

2nd p.s. bynes & thompson are not visiting this weekend, now (which is not a surprise to anyone)

3rd paulo may still visit, & NU may have warren visit, who is a s from butler cc (but, I think they have slim chances of visiting NU, & are last resorts for NU, also)

hello, I will take a stab based on what crabtree reported w/ a little of my own feelings:

j brown & deas are the closest to being N, though deas has/will have qualification troubles, yet may sign w/ NU come feb

wallace is going to shock everyone during army all-amer game, & will don a huskers hat

2nd p.s. bynes & thompson are not visiting this weekend, now (which is not a surprise to anyone)

3rd paulo may still visit, & NU may have warren visit, who is a s from butler cc (but, I think they have slim chances of visiting NU, & are last resorts for NU, also)

I like what you say about Walton and Wallace. :thumbs I will be watching to find out. Do you mean Kenny Wilson committing to Florida after a visit?

Also, I think that Chris Mitchell will committ. Gut feeling there, kid popped on the radar real quick and he seems to be seriously considering NU.

Jerry Brown ends up at Illinois

Deas..i just don't see the NU coaches taking him b/c of his qualifications problems. If NU does take him, they will shut the door on a potential recruit that we could recruit who is qualified. If NU takes him, it will be with no guarantees unless he can show he is improving in the classroom and it will be a last second decision before signing day if NU doesn't get a guy to fill his position

You are right, Wallace is going to shock everyone and commit to Ohio St. Don't have a good feeling about him anymore after that Ohio St visit. Is NU out of it? Nope. Is NU leading? Nope again. Who is leading? Hard to say. Just telling everyone, don't be shocked if he ends up in Buckeye country.

If Wallace doesn't go to NU, don't expect Walton to go to NU. Either these 2 plan on playing together or at least against each other. That much they have made public. My money is on Penn St at the moment with NU trailing only b/c of distance.

I know we want to look at this from a positive side, but giving you a reality check and everyone else. There's nothing wrong with keeping your fingers crossed for him but all signs point to Penn St at the moment. Of course recruiting is a bumpy ride so anything can happen

I don't see Barrett decommitting. There's nothing FSU can offer him that NU can't. Offering him so late after waiting for so long is bound to leave a scar on a recruit. Could he decommit? Yes. Will he? I don't believe so, but what do i know?

Won't disagree with you on Henry. Not looking good right now grade wise, which is odd because the kid seems so intellectual. What's that saying.."looks can be deceiving?"

As far as Greg Davis, like i mentioned yesterday under his thread, he prefers a certain type of scheme (he likes man to man coverage), and Marvin Sanders runs it non stop. If you look at my predictions for his top 3 schools, you will see N.C State as the first team i mention, followed by NU. He truly is N.C State's to lose.

EDIT: Correction on the Marvin Sanders note. Marvin Sanders runs a man to man but Sanders is at North Carolina not N.C State but N.C State runs also man to man coverage

Mouton like i said is rumoured to be a silent commit to USC at the moment and was instructed by the U.S Army All American game reps not to reveal it until game-time. The amount of recruits committing before the game is dropping like flies. We already had 4 guys in the last 2 days announce and Reuland making his choice to Notre Dame also isn't helping the game which people watch to find out where the undecided players are going.

Bynes..that guy is a mystery. Not sure why we even offered him. The kid needs to go on ABC's "Extreme Makeover" because he lacks everything.

As far as Greg Davis, like i mentioned yesterday under his thread, he prefers a certain type of scheme (he likes man to man coverage), and Marvin Sanders runs it non stop. If you look at my predictions for his top 3 schools, you will see N.C State as the first team i mention, followed by NU. He truly is N.C State's to lose.

Good thing Marvin Sanders doesn't coach for NC State. :thumbs

Good thing Marvin Sanders doesn't coach for NC State. :thumbs

Crap, that's the second time i've done that. I gotta go back and correct that . Thanks for catching it. For some reason, i keep thinking Marvin Sanders is at N.C State. Why? I don't know.

You are right, Wallace is going to shock everyone and commit to Ohio St. Don't have a good feeling about him anymore after that Ohio St visit. Is NU out of it? Nope. Is NU leading? Nope again. Who is leading? Hard to say. Just telling everyone, don't be shocked if he ends up in Buckeye country.

Crabtree siad today that he believes NU is the front runner for Wallace. It is funny he didn't mention Ohio State though.

As far as Greg Davis

He also said this guy wasn't as impressive this year as he was last year. Said he would probably either play Safety or maybe OLB in college.

hello, there will be 3 visitors this wk:

will henry 6'6" wr el paso, who has offers & visits set for NU 12/16, & mo 01/14 & tt 01/21 (took a visit to nm st, earlier) - yes, he has a NU offer

mitchell, who is visiting NU this wk, but will not decide until his other visits have taken place (01/20 lsu - which is the school he will commit to, 01/27 mia, & tn 01/13) - also visited co 11/25, which was a beautiful day

williams, who has a top 3 of in, mn, & NU - he will commit this wk - ia, il, mo, mi st are schools that offered & he never visited & are now low on his interest list (it will be over for him this wkend)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

maclin has mo & tt as his top 2 (it is over, for NU) - cosgrove was recruiting him

campbell rated his visit to va as better than his visit to NU (so, it is over for NU for his commitment)

wallace likes oh st & pa st - yet, craptree & I will not give in

barrett has 2 of fsu's top recruiters on him in sexton & mchale (he & NU may survive the attack of fsu)

thenarse's home visit w/ the NU coachs went very well, & he may commit yet (but then there are those troubles w/ qualification)

deas has been in contact w/ blake quite frequently throughout the yr, & he may commit to NU (even w/ his on going qualification troubles, I have read that he is doing better now, since he abandoned all of his extra-curricular activities - one of those happen to be football)