The next actor to play Batman is who?

Ledger peaked when he played The Joker and immersed himself in the role so much that he was compelled to kill himself after he was done filming.

Affleck has proven himself to be a below average dramatic actor that is more beloved for bit roles in cult classics than his leading roles. He has a bright future directing, not as the star actor.

He has a bright future directing, not as the star actor.

Agreed. He's good behind the camera. And honestly I think he's really good when cast (or casts himself) in smaller, character driven films (like The Town) where he isn't trying to save the world from the clutches of an evil villain. Put him in a 100 million dollar blockbuster and he's a veritable laughing stock.

Ledger peaked when he played The Joker and immersed himself in the role so much that he was compelled to kill himself after he was done filming.

do you really think he 'was compelled to kill himself' because of that role? honest question.

Affleck has proven himself to be a below average dramatic actor that is more beloved for bit roles in cult classics than his leading roles. He has a bright future directing, not as the star actor.

i think he can be a pretty good dramatic actor. i am not a huge fan of this casting or affleck. i am pretty fond of batman so i will be a really tough critic, but i will hold my breath on him as batman. i would not be surprised if he is a terrible batman. but i could see it turning out alright. the problem is that it is so soon after nolan/bale's batman.

if anything, i am giving snyder the benefit of the doubt.

I do think that role was a huge factor in his death. His on going custody battle was big obviously, but I really think the role took a toll on him. He became the psychopath and couldn't shake that IMO. We will never know the perfect truth, but it seems completely reasonable to me. It is officially an accident, but he had 8 different prescription drugs in his body when he died. Some of which weren't prescribed, sane people with the resources he had shouldn't fall like that unless they have self destructive behavior.

And on his career it is really just how I remember him, but when I think "Affleck" I think Chasing Amy and Dogma before The Town and Armageddon. Probably more personal than anything.