Bo Ruud out

txdrdubya

Poor kids can't master a position.  If you don't get the reps at one position you aren't going to improve. Take it to the bank.

Awe! Poor kids! Mean coaches asking them to take their game to the next level. How dare they.

Sounds like you have been taking some cues from former. Throwing players all around? You make it sound like every player has switched positions at least once. Like some kind of musical chairs.

Turner's been playing DE all year. Like I said I am pretty sure he has it down. Not only that, if you wanna go ahead and ignore the impact injuries have had this year on the linebacking core, go ahead. However the rest of us realize that when you have 3 of your top linebackers go out, you might need to do something like this.

Not to mention, do we even know who is going to play in place of Ruud? For sure?

But I am sure that doesn't happen in baseball.

dave you beat me to it.

is it just me or does Barry Turner have the body and the speed of an OLB? at the beginning of the season wasnt he 230 lbs.

this might be a novel idea that some might not understand how would the defense look with Carricker and Moore on the ends, McKeon in the middle and Turner coming after the QB from the outside?

he has the speed to get around the OT but doesnt have the strength to get through them play after play.

Maybe they will keep turner at OLB and then have potter play some more at DE.

I can't figure why they are even trying turner at olb, he was doing fine at dend. These coaches just love the move guys around. Never let them master a position.

Well Benard there is this thing called injuries. Believe it or not there is also diciplinary actions that occur from time to time. Thus, leaving holes on a postition that need filled....When was the last Husker practice and team/coaches meeting you went to? Don't you think the coaches know where players should play based on peformance and ability? Oh that's right your gut instinct is kicking in again! :dumdum

No I don't think they do. I've never seen a coaching staff flip flop guys and throw them around all over heck. It's one thing to do it at the end of the year or try it on a guy or two but they do it all year to about anyone and everyone. Poor kids can't master a position. If you don't get the reps at one position you aren't going to improve. Take it to the bank.

So this isn't anything like the Patriots moving people around because of injuries (Troy Brown to corner), or moving people for depth (Bruschi and Vrabel to tight end or fullback, and yes it was a necessary move because the Pats back up fullback and tight end have been out much of the year with injuries), or what about Willie McGinest to defensive end to make sure there is a rotation on the d-line late in game. I guess no coach would ever do this and be successful. Oh wait, the Pats have won the super bowl in three of the last four years and are doing quite well this year. Thats crazy.

Turner will be one of the best ever in NU History when is he is done!! How can anyone question Turner at either DE or OLB??? He's been an impact player since he arrived in Lincoln!!

"is it just me or does Barry Turner have the body and the speed of an OLB? at the beginning of the season wasnt he 230 lbs.

this might be a novel idea that some might not understand how would the defense look with Carricker and Moore on the ends, McKeon in the middle and Turner coming after the QB from the outside?

he has the speed to get around the OT but doesnt have the strength to get through them play after play. "

Yeah Right!! Turner has heart, talent and a swagger that can't be taught!! Put him in any position, he will make plays!!! You want a winner!! Put your money on him!! If I'm not mistaken, isn't he like #3 in sacks this year on the team and he doesn't even start???

I am bummed that Bo is hurt.... I for one, didn't think that he played extremely well most of the season.... the last 2 games, he played very well....

Brandenburgh will be fine....he was pissed this season that he didn't get a "fair-shake" at LB in his opinion.... remember, he was listed co-#1 most of srping and into the fall....an injury really slowed him early and never got a chance during season..... this will give him an opportunity to show his stuff...

Possibly move Corey to OLB, and shove Dillard in middle....

I bet you will see a little of both situations.

As stated above, look to see a BUNCH of Barry Turner in this game.... he will play DE and LB...this kid is a stud...... He will be an all-american before he leaves.

Maybe they will keep turner at OLB and then have potter play some more at DE.

I can't figure why they are even trying turner at olb, he was doing fine at dend. These coaches just love the move guys around. Never let them master a position.

I find this funny. All of last year you were saying how Wali should be playing OLB. Yet you complain when they have Turner practice it.

Also you talk about moving all these kids around. Let's see Patrick and Helming are starting. Seppo started all of the last two years until his injuries. Tierre Green has seen plenty of time on the defensive side. Probably more tehn he would of on offense.

Did you complain when "Super" Bo moved Demorrio from his OLB spot to DE? I would guess not.

Get the kids on the field anyway possible.

Back to the topic. This is a bum deal for Ruud.

Turner will be one of the best ever in NU History when is he is done!! How can anyone question Turner at either DE or OLB??? He's been an impact player since he arrived in Lincoln!! "is it just me or does Barry Turner have the body and the speed of an OLB? at the beginning of the season wasnt he 230 lbs.

he has the speed to get around the OT but doesnt have the strength to get through them play after play. "

Yeah Right!! Turner has heart, talent and a swagger that can't be taught!! Put him in any position, he will make plays!!! You want a winner!! Put your money on him!! If I'm not mistaken, isn't he like #3 in sacks this year on the team and he doesn't even start???

Turner reminds me of the sandman. Our house! Get the keys out.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=38&u_sid=2085069

According to this article, Souder has been as high as #2 at WILL in practices. He sounds like a ball of energy. I'd love to see him get in the mix against MU.

I would look for Brandenburgh to start at WILL, McKeon in the middle, Ickes at SAM. I doubt Turner will be doing much practicing at OLB since Wali is suspended. Or will he, since the LB spot is pretty thin? Does Nick Covey get into the game and burn his redshirt? Is Dillard willing/able to play anything besides MIKE? Lots of questions to be answered.

Brandenburgh to fill in for the injured Bo Ruud

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) - The Nebraska football team practiced for two hours on Tuesday, continuing preparations for its Alamo Bowl matchup with Michigan.

Lance Brandenburgh will start in place of the injured linebacker Bo Ruud, defensive coordinator Kevin Cosgrove said. Jeff Souder will back up Brandenburgh.

Brandenburgh challenged for the starting job in the fall and is more than capable of filling in for Ruud, Cosgrove said.

'We have been very fortunate that no matter what the situation was this year, our guys stepped up, and I fully expect Lance to do the same thing,' Cosgrove said. 'Lance would have been in the mix from day one had he not been injured. He is a good football player.'

The Cornhuskers will practice again on Wednesday.

According to this article, Souder has been as high as #2 at WILL in practices. He sounds like a ball of energy. I'd love to see him get in the mix against MU.

I would look for Brandenburgh to start at WILL, McKeon in the middle, Ickes at SAM. I doubt Turner will be doing much practicing at OLB since Wali is suspended. Or will he, since the LB spot is pretty thin? Does Nick Covey get into the game and burn his redshirt? Is Dillard willing/able to play anything besides MIKE? Lots of questions to be answered.

I'm gonna be interested to see if Souder can break the lineup. The defensive doesn';t have a lot of hitteres.

According to this article, Souder has been as high as #2 at WILL in practices.  He sounds like a ball of energy.  I'd love to see him get in the mix against MU. 

I would look for Brandenburgh to start at WILL, McKeon in the middle, Ickes at SAM.  I doubt Turner will be doing much practicing at OLB since Wali is suspended.  Or will he, since the LB spot is pretty thin?  Does Nick Covey get into the game and burn his redshirt?  Is Dillard willing/able to play anything besides MIKE?  Lots of questions to be answered.

I'm gonna be interested to see if Souder can break the lineup. The defensive doesn';t have a lot of hitteres.

I really believe Brandenburgh will be fine. Michigan will be gunning for him though