Post Game Wyoming Tweets

Nobody

Hail Varsity@HailVarsity58m

Pelini: "I felt pretty good after watching that (Wyoming) film. Some of things on the defensive side weren’t really physical things."

Our athleticism defensively is greatly improved over last season. Randy Gregory and Nathan Gerry are difference makers. It won't shock me to see McMullen's number of snaps increase.

He better

I agree and think it will happen. I think our two underperforming defenders were Ankrah and Santos.

Hail Varsity@HailVarsity58m

Pelini: "I felt pretty good after watching that (Wyoming) film. Some of things on the defensive side weren’t really physical things."

Our athleticism defensively is greatly improved over last season. Randy Gregory and Nathan Gerry are difference makers. It won't shock me to see McMullen's number of snaps increase.

He better

I agree and think it will happen. I think our two underperforming defenders were Ankrah and Santos.

Gregory/Valentine/Curry/moss or mcmullen.. lets see it.

Steven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip39m

Pelini says gap between sophomore middle LB David Santos and true frosh Josh Banderas isn't wide. Competition continues, Bo says.

We could of really used Trevor Roach

I expect Bando to get more reps. Santos for whatever reason didn't look very sharp and Banderas has a nose for the ball. I saw it Saturday and I really saw it in his Army AA game. I think by seasons end we could have Zaire, Bando, and Gerry as our starting 3 lbs. That's 3 athletic guys with playmaker ability. Green and Mitchell were liabilities in coverage, and Evans an SJB were both lights out. I wanted to see more from J Rose and I think we will in the UCLA game.

I really wanna rewatch the game, is it on btn2go?

Ankrah had a fine game, actually. Not sure what you're talking about TheSker - maybe you're seeing things I'm missing. I thought Ankrah got good pressure on Smith, Smith was just able to run from that pressure. He played a hell of a game.

Something I'm getting really tired of is watching our D Line play patty-cake with the O Line. They don't even try to get separation, they "remain gap sound" to the detriment of disrupting the offense. At the snap, the D Line stands up and engages the O Line. The O Line mostly doesn't have to look for someone to block - the defenders get on the blockers right away.

It's weird. It's a very passive method of playing D Line, especially D Tackle, and that's gotta be one of the main reasons top-quality DTs didn't flood into Nebraska after watching what Suh did here. I have been astounded that we haven't landed the biggest names at DT after Suh, but the reality is that few guys want to play this kind of defense.

• Fire 2

Ankrah had a fine game, actually. Not sure what you're talking about TheSker - maybe you're seeing things I'm missing. I thought Ankrah got good pressure on Smith, Smith was just able to run from that pressure. He played a hell of a game.

You will find a Pelini quote that references the pressure we got on Smith.....and Pelini said we have to get the quarterback on the ground. Feel free to keep an eye on the snap count from that DE position and if I'm wrong I have no problem eating crow.

You will find a Pelini quote that references the pressure we got on Smith.....and Pelini said we have to get the quarterback on the ground. Feel free to keep an eye on the snap count from that DE position and if I'm wrong I have no problem eating crow.

That doesn't mean Ankrah had a worse game than anyone else. Singling him out would be cool if you could show what Ankrah did wrong. He played the kind of defense Bo has played here the last three years. That's not Ankrah's fault, that's scheme.

That doesn't mean Ankrah had a worse game than anyone else. Singling him out would be cool if you could show what Ankrah did wrong. He played the kind of defense Bo has played here the last three years. That's not Ankrah's fault, that's scheme.

The scheme also is contingent upon you shedding your blocker appropriately.

I'm fine if you want to call it scheme.....but it's the same reason Randy Gregory fits the "scheme" better than Cameron Meredith did.

I'm fine if you want to call it scheme.....but it's the same reason Randy Gregory fits the "scheme" better than Cameron Meredith did.

The scheme is still at fault, though. Gregory should be unleashed to attack the QB or ball-carrier the majority of plays, but only got the green light to rush on obvious passing plays. On most other plays he was playing patty-cake, too.

It's the same problem we had with Eric Martin. Martin could slice through most OTs and get into the backfield on most every play, but that's not what he was allowed to do. He had to create the containment pocket with the rest of the line most of the time, and that simply doesn't play to his strength.

High-motor guys need to be allowed to break into the backfield as often as practicable or we're not going to get high-motor guys willing to come here.

• Fire 1