With all the love that Newby's getting...

C-4

Imani is a BEAST and he showed it in game 1. I think he will be one of our next stars, honestly. Every time I see a picture, I have a hard time believing he is not a 30 year old 5 time Pro Bowler.

Like any new group, the stars don't all emerge in supernovas in game one.

It takes the fans a while to see what is what with all the new faces. And we have a LOT of faces that most of us just aren't familiar with quite yet. Wait til the end of the season!

Why no love for Cross? There are many who don't believe Cross to be an effective back (or, rather, effective enough to be a premier back at Nebraska). He was arguably our best player- along with our three receivers -last Saturday, even with his fumble.

Sorry Imani. We'll talk more about you.

In all seriousness, you have to read other threads to see the "love for Cross." Most are very happy with his performance against Wyo

I'm not nearly as high on Newby as a lot of people are. I think he'll eventually be pretty awesome for us, but anointing him as the next Rozier after putting up some yards on a tired Wyoming defense late in the game is a bit of an overreaction. I was impressed, but I'm not going crazy about it. In terms of this season, it simply means that RB depth isn't a problem which is always a good thing.

The NU running back position is really stacked. AA is legitimately good already and just a Jr. Imani is a Sophomore and his potential is high and he has already shown he can be really good (and is but now putting that potentail on display). Expect a great deal of good things through Cross. Newby has promise. Our sample size to evaluate him is small... but all indications are that he too will be good. And he is but a frosh. Then Taylor, redshirting... well he too holds some serious promise.

Like the WR position, the RB position is stacked.

Funny people are down on AA now too.

What?

People on here have talked about how AA seems to "run timid" and "wasn't decisive". Just a couple quotes I remember off the top of my head.

I hadn't noticed that at all. Nor would I agree with any of it.

Abdullah played a great game, but that's nothing new. We knew what we have in him. Now, I would say Newby was a little tentative at times, but like Cross last year (and Abdullah his freshman year) that's to be expected.

Funny people are down on AA now too.

What?

People on here have talked about how AA seems to "run timid" and "wasn't decisive". Just a couple quotes I remember off the top of my head.

I hadn't noticed that at all. Nor would I agree with any of it.

Abdullah played a great game, but that's nothing new. We knew what we have in him. Now, I would say Newby was a little tentative at times, but like Cross last year (and Abdullah his freshman year) that's to be expected.

I agree with you, and if the board wasn't such a dumpster fire with mixed threads I would look for some of the quotes.

Anybody else think we are trying to keep AA somewhat fresh for conference play? I just think that a combination of trust in our depth and an idea of not killing AA by running him 30 times a game is just part of the plan. I believe it was discussed that Ameer tired towards the end of last year. We need our most reliable RB for the whole season and not necessarily for 40 carries against Wyoming.