Volleyball Tunnel Walk

GM_Tood

I understand the thinking but the mean/ready to kick your @$$ look just doesn't work for me.

Before you label me a sexist, I've known many Husker Volleyball players in the past and I don't have any questions about their athleticism or competitiveness. Several of them could probably kick my @$$. But that still doesn't seem to look right to me, imo.

Do our ladies throw the bones on blocks or something? I've never noticed.

The crowd shouts, "Roof!Roof!Roof!" after stuff blocks. The girls just huddle and get ready for the next play.

My guess is this question was in response to the setters throwing the bones in the video. The response would be....I have no idea why they did that in the video.

I totally agree that the girls need to smile. The tough look doen't work for me. "Throwing the bones" is a football thing...not volleyball. Although last year our UNL girls gymanstics team included the cross arm in their floor routine...but they smiled as they did it. I think they need to redo the Tunnel Walk. This doesn't represent Nebraska VB very well.

They're not out there to kid around or have fun, they're out there to win matches, in dominating fashion if possible. They can smile later. These are serious girls playing a serious sport. Having a serious mien in a video is perfectly fine.

But most of the time that's not how they look on the court. Not that they're not competing hard but they also smile and enjoy playing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UubwNev7YRM

In the video, the staged shots are all serious. But you get to the highlights and every time they make a great play they're not "serious" - they're smiling and yelling and having a great time. That's not taking away anything from how hard they work, how athletic they are or how much they want to win. It's just their demeanor is different and there's nothing at all wrong with that.

• Fire 1