Big Ten has 11 of the top 30 Public schools in the country

WoodyHayes1951

not that this is Gospel or anything but it is a decent source.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities/top-public?int=a557e6

ACC is next with 6 of the top 30. EDIT. should mention that the ACC does have 5(6) Private schools compared to the Big Ten's lone Northwestern(unless you count Johns Hopkins)

Nebraska is at #47, tied with Kansas.

If I remember correctly, Penn State was situated somewhere in the 30s before they joined the Big Ten back in the 1990s. Today they're #8 on this list.

I know they're working hard to improve Nebraska's national standing here. Would be great to see us in the top 30.

If I remember correctly, Penn State was situated somewhere in the 30s before they joined the Big Ten back in the 1990s. Today they're #8 on this list.

I know they're working hard to improve Nebraska's national standing here. Would be great to see us in the top 30.

If UNMC counted we would be.

Wonder where the vaunted SEC wanders in on this list?

Florida- #14

Georgia- #20

A&M- #25

Alabama- #36

Auburn- #40

Missouri- #44

Tennessee- #47

The Pac 12 and Big 10 are, and have always been, the academic powerhouse conferences. That being said, the amount of SEC schools in the top 50 isn't terrible, and Vandy, as a private school, is not included.

Florida- #14

Georgia- #20

A&M- #25

Alabama- #36

Auburn- #40

Missouri- #44

Tennessee- #47

The Pac 12 and Big 10 are, and have always been, the academic powerhouse conferences. That being said, the amount of SEC schools in the top 50 isn't terrible, and Vandy, as a private school, is not included.

It gets quite different when you look at the world rankings. 10 BIG in top 100 other 2 in top 150. SEC 1 in top 100 and most don't make top 200.

Florida- #14

Georgia- #20

A&M- #25

Alabama- #36

Auburn- #40

Missouri- #44

Tennessee- #47

It gets quite different when you look at the world rankings. 10 BIG in top 100 other 2 in top 150. SEC 1 in top 100 and most don't make top 200.

http://www.theguardian.com/higher-education-network/table/2013/sep/10/qs-world-university-rankings-2013

I only counted 3 or 4.

I don't think anyone is disputing the fact that the Big 10 far outshines the SEC in academic reputation. The SEC, while certainly not a scum-sucking bottom-feeder in academics, is certainly not at the top. Comish asked about the SEC in regards to the new US News rankings, so I answered for him.

Florida- #14

Georgia- #20

A&M- #25

Alabama- #36

Auburn- #40

Missouri- #44

Tennessee- #47

http://www.theguardi...y-rankings-2013

I only counted 3 or 4.

I don't think anyone is disputing the fact that the Big 10 far outshines the SEC in academic reputation. The SEC, while certainly not a scum-sucking bottom-feeder in academics, is certainly not at the top. Comish asked about the SEC in regards to the new US News rankings, so I answered for him.

Yea, wasn't arguing you, just added that matter-of-factly, shouldn't have quoted ya anyways.

not that this is Gospel or anything but it is a decent source.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities/top-public?int=a557e6

ACC is next with 6 of the top 30. EDIT. should mention that the ACC does have 5(6) Private schools compared to the Big Ten's lone Northwestern(unless you count Johns Hopkins)

Also about to pick up both Maryland and Rutgers. They are on that first page too.

If UNMC counted we would be.

Medical Schools/specialized undergraduate programs are irrelevant to this list.

Florida- #14

Georgia- #20

A&M- #25

Alabama- #36

Auburn- #40

Missouri- #44

Tennessee- #47

Serious question: having spent much of teens and twenties in Alabama, is it dumbfounding to Nebraska fans that both Alabama, large state universities are ranked ahead of UNL? I would have never believed it with the people I interacted with out there...