Bar Prices: What is fair?

I have seen people crying about the prices at the Railyard. Personally I am pretty good with these prices. 5 dollars for tallboys, no problem at all. 2 dollars for the watered down husker shots, no problem at all. Mixed drinks, that is a tough one since I never order them but 5 would be fine. I think Elk Creeks are 8?

That's acceptable. We really are spoiled in Nebraska.

Is a tallboy considered a 24 oz can of beer? The bar that I used to go to would have tall boys for 2.50.

Prices are going to vary where you are at. Any type of entertainment venue will jack their prices up. Also, if you want to drink cheap avoid the chain restaurants (Appleebee's, Chili's, Ouback, Olive Garden, etc). Don't drink at the airport, strip bars.

Happy Hour is my friend it seems

Man, you guys are sharing some super cheap prices for drinks. I don't have an issue with paying whatever for a beer at a bar. You are at the bar for more than drinking. You are there to socialize, hang out with people. If you want to drink cheaply, buy a 12 pack of cans and sit in your basement and drink by yourself.

Also, most people consider at 16 oz. beer a tall boy.

When you guys go on a trip with friends to other places, do you have friends who always have to complain about how much things cost? Teach and I will meet up with friends for a football game or basketball tournament, and there are always a couple guys who complain about the $5 beer or $10 hamburger. They actually let the price of stuff impact how much fun they are having. These guys always have the alligator arms when it comes to paying for a round of drinks. Yeah, I would rather spend less money, but I won't let it ruin my fun.

When you guys go on a trip with friends to other places, do you have friends who always have to complain about how much things cost? Teach and I will meet up with friends for a football game or basketball tournament, and there are always a couple guys who complain about the $5 beer or $10 hamburger. They actually let the price of stuff impact how much fun they are having. These guys always have the alligator arms when it comes to paying for a round of drinks. Yeah, I would rather spend less money, but I won't let it ruin my fun.

we have a friend-couple that are really frugal (at least the wife is). we went out to dinner and order an appetizer for the group (our favorite app.). she commented on the price-per-fried-zucchini. i was like, just enjoy it, even if it is a quarter or seventy-five cents per piece.

One thing to keep in mind is some friends have more disposable income than other friends. Another way around the beer prices is to have a few drinks at home before you venture out then you would be less compelled to drink at the venue. Another thing is food. Eat at home before you go out . . .

One thing to keep in mind is some friends have more disposable income than other friends. Another way around the beer prices is to have a few drinks at home before you venture out then you would be less compelled to drink at the venue. Another thing is food. Eat at home before you go out . . .

Our one friend that complains the most has the most disposable income out of all of us. I understand we are all different in our spending habits in situations. But, what annoys me is the constant complaining about how much something costs. I rarely go out to bars any more, but if I do, I plan to spend a certain amount of money, and I spend it.