Fullback Carries

NU has way too many weapons to regularly feature the fullback. Won't happen.

I agree here completely.

If you are on the goalline and you hand to anyone but Cross I'd disagree with the decision.

More of the Maryland I double-iso - Janovich and Zimmerer leading the way for Cross. chuckleshuffle

AAAhhhh the maryland I. Now that takes me back..

Literally.

It's what we ran 90% of the time in high school.

It's impossible to run the Maryland I in 8-man :hmmph but we did run the I 90% of the time.

NU has way too many weapons to regularly feature the fullback. Won't happen.

I agree here completely.

If you are on the goalline and you hand to anyone but Cross I'd disagree with the decision.

More of the Maryland I double-iso - Janovich and Zimmerer leading the way for Cross. chuckleshuffle

AAAhhhh the maryland I. Now that takes me back..

Literally.

It's what we ran 90% of the time in high school.

It's impossible to run the Maryland I in 8-man :hmmph but we did run the I 90% of the time.

It's not impossible. Just not logical. heh.

ahhh the "i miss the 90's" fullback thread. only 2 games into the season though? i figured we'd go at least into mid B1G play...

It wasn't too long into Solich's tenure as HC that I was listening to his post-game interview and was asked about the numerous carries the FBs had that day. His response was something to the effect of "you have to run the FB to set up the option." I still can not figure out how he was around the program for 20+ years and had not learned something as basic to Dr. Tom's strategy as run the option for three quarters until they totally forget about the FB then spring him up the middle. I knew at that point that he wouldn't make it as an OC.

The fullback plays are still in our playbook, we just haven't used them yet. IIRC in 2011, we didn't see a fullback run until we played Washington - we kept it under wraps a little bit until that game as a wrinkle.

But yeah, we've got so many weapons that I doubt we'll see it much, but it'd still be a nice wrinkle here or there imho.