Bo Pelini Turnovers in Big Games

Nobody

What do expect when you put Bo Pelini turnovers in big games. Bo didn't turn the ball over, the team did. Obvious agenda is obvious.

I'm not sure if you noticed, but the players change every year. It doesn't make sense to list the players' names. Since this is a consistent problem regardless of who's playing, coaching is obviously an important factor.

In most of those years above we did have the same QB...

What do expect when you put Bo Pelini turnovers in big games. Bo didn't turn the ball over, the team did. Obvious agenda is obvious.

I'm not sure if you noticed, but the players change every year. It doesn't make sense to list the players' names. Since this is a consistent problem regardless of who's playing, coaching is obviously an important factor.

Right, I forgot Bo is the QB and running backs coach. It comes down to ONE PLAYER...Taylor Martinez. Without his inability to hang on to the ball were probably above average in the category. But hey lets blame Bo for everything, after all he could have been playing our only other QB we've had worth a crap on the roster up til this season in RKIII

• Fire 1

One thing stands out to me....I watched all of those games, but I never once saw Bo Pelini turn the ball over.

This is a really stupid argument. We consistently turn the ball over a lot. That's part of coaching.

I'm not discounting the fact that under Bo Pelini the TEAM has produced far too many turnovers. However, to imply that Bo is directly responsible for putting the ball on the turf is asinine. There are far too many variables that play out during a football game to simply blame this on the head coach. It's not as if he tells the team to give the ball away. Or, doesn't make ball security a priority in practice. If anything I think it may be important to look at the position coaches, as they are the ones who run the players through drills day-in and day-out.

One example, Ron Brown was the running backs coach under Frank Solich, yes? Didn't he have the same exact problems with turnovers that we're seeing now?

Now, am I saying that turnovers aren't a problem? Hell no, that would be stupid. What I am saying, however, is that it is not responsible to place 100% of the blame on Bo Pelini.

One thing stands out to me....I watched all of those games, but I never once saw Bo Pelini turn the ball over.

This is a really stupid argument. We consistently turn the ball over a lot. That's part of coaching.

It's also a really stupid argument to make it sound like Bo doesn't care about turnovers, or ever work on them.

Just pointing out a couple errors. In our favor of course. :)

+1. edited.

/thread

Can you really blame these on Bo?

Yep. Fully expected this is as the first post... surprised it was the 2nd post.

As far as i'm concerned... Bo was in the game carrying the ball on each of those turnovers.

I am personally viewing this as a sarcastic smart ass remark. I really dont think Nobody believes this. If he does, may god have mercy on his soul.

I know what Nobody is trying to show and imply with this thread. To the person who started the whole "it wasnt actually Bo that fumbled on the field" hoopla, please, read the thread title with some perspective and common sense and just view the stats as a negative situation.

Unless of course I'm wrong, and Nobody really has fallen off the rocker, then discuss away.

I'm not discounting the fact that under Bo Pelini the TEAM has produced far too many turnovers. However, to imply that Bo is directly responsible for putting the ball on the turf is asinine. There are far too many variables that play out during a football game to simply blame this on the head coach. It's not as if he tells the team to give the ball away. Or, doesn't make ball security a priority in practice. If anything I think it may be important to look at the position coaches, as they are the ones who run the players through drills day-in and day-out.

One example, Ron Brown was the running backs coach under Frank Solich, yes? Didn't he have the same exact problems with turnovers that we're seeing now?

Now, am I saying that turnovers aren't a problem? Hell no, that would be stupid. What I am saying, however, is that it is not responsible to place 100% of the blame on Bo Pelini.

Ron Brown was not running backs coach for Solich. He was still WR coach. Tim Albin coached running backs, at least in Frank's last year that I recall.

Thread title implies obvious agenda. The facts are correct and indisputable and it's common sense that its not Bos fault entirely, but the title is designed to cause this. He even admits he expected it in the first post, the definition of trolling IMO.

Dude cry me a river. let it flow. theres nothing but numbers in the op. I dont care what the title is.

Ron Brown was not running backs coach for Solich. He was still WR coach. Tim Albin coached running backs, at least in Frank's last year that I recall.

Yes, you're right. He was the receivers/tight ends coach. For some reason I thought he was coaching running backs. So, poor example on my part. Regardless, I think it is more of an issue of the position coaches than the head coach. Obviously the head coach is the one in the spotlight, and he's going to take the heat. But, I think of Husker fans (most of them) as "smarter than the average bear" and smart enough to realize that the blame shouldn't solely lie on Pelini. Now, the argument that perhaps he hasn't chosen the right coaches for his staff....maybe.

whoosh

I'd like to point out that, originally, I posted this as a joke....looking for a few laughs because...well I'm a smarta$$. However, it does seem like people forget about the position coaches and their role with the players.