An Outsider's Perspective on this game and the direction of Nebraska football

Remember under TO how we came out in the second half and dominated and wore the opponent out.yards every week, just can't take it anymore.

TO's tenure at Nebraska was not always rosy, especially before 1993.

Yes, but for the most part we won the games we were supposed to, and we rarely ever got blown out. Bo has a very negative persona about him, and it seems the referees love to drop the laundry when our players do things. Then again, our players have a bad habit of making foolish hits late.

He needs to make a change to his coordinators and allow them to do their job.................he shouldn't be doing it for them, that's not what a head coach does IMO. He should be able to trust his coordinators and they should be able to do the job. Time to open the checkbook to get top shelf coordinators and if he can't get it done then, well then it's time to head on down the road.

I agree with this. Bo runs a clean program and recruits high character kids. Maybe NU could be great under Bo if he would hire a great OC and a great DC, and give them full responsibility.

Yeah, right! Bo will never give up DC control and NU has paid their OC the big bucks, and look what it has got us!

That is why I said maybe. I don't think Bo could give full authority to a DC even if he wanted too. I also think Bo influences the offensive play calling a little too much.

I am agreeing with you. I used to detest how Bohl coached the DBs not to look for the ball, but he sure looks polished as a HC. He has had success for a long period too. Too long to be driven by a single good recruiting class, like Mack Brown winning the MNC with Vince Younf.

Bohl never taught any technique to DB's and never had anything to do with it. He was a linebacker coach prior to being the DC. That was all Darlington. And I know it's tough to swallow, but there is a method to that madness. There is a vid of Joseph teaching the philosophy at a coach clinic with a good explanation of why. And it does make sense. There is also a need of savy from the DB to just have a good feel of it. That's what Iike about Marvin. His secondaries seemed to be just a little less focused on technique and such and more on "just get it done" and the scheme. I miss that guy.

And Darlington is not on Bohl's staff at NDSU, it must be the reason they are winning :)

I am agreeing with you. I used to detest how Bohl coached the DBs not to look for the ball, but he sure looks polished as a HC. He has had success for a long period too. Too long to be driven by a single good recruiting class, like Mack Brown winning the MNC with Vince Younf.

Bohl never taught any technique to DB's and never had anything to do with it. He was a linebacker coach prior to being the DC. That was all Darlington. And I know it's tough to swallow, but there is a method to that madness. There is a vid of Joseph teaching the philosophy at a coach clinic with a good explanation of why. And it does make sense. There is also a need of savy from the DB to just have a good feel of it. That's what Iike about Marvin. His secondaries seemed to be just a little less focused on technique and such and more on "just get it done" and the scheme. I miss that guy.

And Darlington is not on Bohl's staff at NDSU, it must be the reason they are winning :)

That's up for debate. i was just pointing out that it was not Bohl teaching that technique, and that there was a reasoning behind it other than what we think is retardedness.

This was pretty much the refrain at our family football party. Enough is enough. I have been supportive of Bo. Moreso than a lot of people I know. My nephew made it crystal clear when he pointed out how much $$$ we are doling out to this lackluster excuse for a mediocre leader. It's just sad to see a team come out after leading at halftime and just ... I don't even know what that was. Wet noodle was a good metaphor. Stinking turd? A big fat blob... a sieve. It was just ugly on both ends of the ball. And I saw that spark in the UCLA coach's eyes at the end of the first half that scared me. He figured it out. We aren't very good.