I'm waiting until the end of the year

We're in exactly the same place after UCLA 2013 as we were after UCLA 2012. We went to the CCG in 2012, and there's no reason to think we can't get there this year.

We just have a LOT of work to do. Can we do it two years in a row? I don't know.

We can't trust this team in big games right now. But there are some good things. The defense looked spectacular until that missed sack. The offense still has boat loads of playmakers. It's definitely hard to have confidence in this team, they will have to show me they can not do this type of game again before I'll believe it.

But I'm not going to throw away the rest of the year because of 1 game in which we played poorly and lost. There's still 9 more games.

• Fire 1

We're in exactly the same place after UCLA 2013 as we were after UCLA 2012. We went to the CCG in 2012, and there's no reason to think we can't get there this year.

We just have a LOT of work to do. Can we do it two years in a row? I don't know.

You're right, we are on pace with how we were last year. A team that could have easily been 6-6 had a few and i mean FEW plays went the other way (penn st non fumble PI call in MichSt game, Tmart nearly throwing two picks in comeback at NW). I don't think we get that this year. Illinois can beat us, Minny has the O to beat us, Michigan we don't know, Northwestern looks to best the division leader, and Indiana can make plays. With how we played Wyoming and no UCLA, I don't have much hope for this season as a whole other than we better make a bowl and Bo will be on the hot seat if he doesn't hit his mark of optimistic mediocrity in 9 wins.

At this point.... I'm worried about South Dakota State and Illinois... Northwestern will throttle us

A lot of it is gut reactions. We absolutely did terrible today, but we are not going to see a team even close to UCLA until Northwestern. Crap absolutely needs to be cleaned up, but we had a play where things didn't go our way when they should have and things snowballed, again. I'll take the entirety of the 2013 season before I'd make a decision, unless the team has another game like this.

I could give two sh#ts about winning games against directional state school for the blind U. Going 11-1 doesn't mean sh#t if the eleven teams suck and the one team actually plays a little ball. It's time for people to quit looking at the record and thinking 9 wins means something. There's high school teams that could win the same games we win. We need to show more the ability to beat (hell not even beat- at least show up) somebody that actually plays football.

At this point.... I'm worried about South Dakota State and Illinois... Northwestern will throttle us

A lot of it is gut reactions. We absolutely did terrible today, but we are not going to see a team even close to UCLA until Northwestern. Crap absolutely needs to be cleaned up, but we had a play where things didn't go our way when they should have and things snowballed, again. I'll take the entirety of the 2013 season before I'd make a decision, unless the team has another game like this.

I could give two sh#ts about winning games against directional state school for the blind U. Going 11-1 doesn't mean sh#t if the eleven teams suck and the one team actually plays a little ball. It's time for people to quit looking at the record and thinking 9 wins means something. There's high school teams that could win the same games we win. We need to show more the ability to beat (hell not even beat- at least show up) somebody that actually plays football.

You just hit the nail on the head with people's perception about 2003. They look at the record and think that everything was fixed, while it was just a very easy schedule that we got our asses handed to us by every decent team (and one unranked team) on our schedule.

if there is mercy in this world --- do not let it come to pass that NU plays OSU at seasons end. That would be gruesome. But I think there is little chance for that.

Michigan will almost certainly have that honor. Speaking of the Michigan game... that will be a very, very ugly loss for NU.

It's hard to say following our performance...but did you see any of the Michigan game. They reversed Texassed it (three is no way there wasn't a second left on that clock!)

If last year's season was acceptable then there wouldn't be a discussion here. Last year's season was below standard, and we are well on our way to falling short again this year.

Until I see something that breaks the trend of sh**ty big game performances, I'd prefer we not go to the CCG for the sake of not having to endure another embarassing performance for the whole country to see.

And I'm not talking about winning the next few games up to November. I mean, win out through the Michingan game. Maybe not so much having to be a win in Ann Arbor if it's highly contested and a sound game. But i'm not lettin myself get suckered in by a few wins over mediocre at best teams only to be kicked in the nuts the first weekend of December again.