So.....who ya gonna get?

arkiehusker

Here's my top ten:

1. Houston Nutt (available, wants to be asked)

2. Rick Neuheisel (employed, can moonlight in a Beach Boy tribute band)

3. Manny Diaz (available, was widely known as a "defensive genius")

4. Craig James (available, craves the face time in front of a camera)

5 Tommie Frazier (fan favorite)

6. Vince Young (available, needs a paycheck)

7. Jason Peter (Noted author and motivational speaker)

8. Eric Crouch (Have you seen his Heisman trophy?)

9. Monte Kiffin (finally gets Devaney's job after all these years)

10. Larry the Cable Guy (might be the smartest one of the bunch)

• Fire 1

If the day comes that NU is looking for a coach, I would like to see someone like James Franklin at Vanderbilt or even Bobby Wilder at ODU considered. Someone with a proven record of recruiting and building a program.

Do not know enough about Wilder to comment --- but Franklin would seem at the surface of things to be an incredible candidate...

Franklin looks promising from a few standpoints. First, as an educational school, Vandy has MUCH stricter standards, and Franklin has them competing (at least more than they were) in the SEC. Maybe at NU he would be that much better based on lower admission standards.

One worry though would be: What if the reason he IS competing in the SEC is that he gets the cream of the smart kids that are not quite good enough for Bama or LSU, but who are from the SEC to begin with and want to PLAY in the SEC. That would make it harder for him to win at NU because those kids would not be interested in coming to NU for the very reasons they chose Vandy to begin with.

Interesting candidate, though, for sure.

Personally I hope we have a couple years more to let Bo sort things out. But he seems to need to rethink the defensive side especially.

If the day comes that NU is looking for a coach, I would like to see someone like James Franklin at Vanderbilt or even Bobby Wilder at ODU considered. Someone with a proven record of recruiting and building a program.

Do not know enough about Wilder to comment --- but Franklin would seem at the surface of things to be an incredible candidate...

You ought to look up Wilder. This man literally started a program from scratch, he recruits well and wins a lot, and his team is now making the jump to the FBS. Here is his wiki link... https://en.wikipedia...ki/Bobby_Wilder

I am 100% on the fence here.

One one hand if we could get a head coach like Petersen or Franklin, a slam dunk hire. I say do it. I am not sure NU can do this.

On the other hand I still remember a new AD bumbling around a coaching search, constant airport watch, and getting the dumpster fire starter. I feel bringing in a cordinator would lose us one or two years before our recruiting could pick up. I like Pelini, like the way he runs a program.

We seem so close, then fall flat on our face. Is it time to start over? 100% on the fence.

I am 100% on the fence here.

One one hand if we could get a head coach like Petersen or Franklin, a slam dunk hire. I say do it. I am not sure NU can do this.

On the other hand I still remember a new AD bumbling around a coaching search, constant airport watch, and getting the dumpster fire starter. I feel bringing in a cordinator would lose us one or two years before our recruiting could pick up. I like Pelini, like the way he runs a program.

We seem so close, then fall flat on our face. Is it time to start over? 100% on the fence.

Ya, I'm on the fence too. If it's borderline late in the season Eichorst should put feelers out on the sly through intermediaries to figure-out just who we could get. If we look elswhere the tape scandal should help in finding a successor. With that factor involved in the dismissal we wouldn't be looking nearly as much like a toxic Solich '03 situation. Before the tape I thought Bo still probably makes it back(possibly survives 8-4, probably survives 9-3). Now I'd say it's 50/50(possibly surviving 9-3, maybe needing 10-2). If he stays it wouldn't surprise me to see a a couple staffing changes. I think 10-2 is do-able. Don't see us winning in AA but we'll have had another month-and-a-half of prep to get the D up to speed for NW in Lincoln. Hopefully we can get TM running again and Beck has learned a lesson about how to handle a lead. We have things to work-on obviously but we can still have a good season.