So.....who ya gonna get?

arkiehusker

plenty of options for us. I am also in the group that feels we need a person with HC experience. I can see Frost making his way back here but not at this time. I want him to dominate as the OC and then hopefully take a mid major HC gig and show what he is made of. Whenever we have another HC vacancy regardless of where Frost is he would most likely come home.

Doug Doeren is on my short list

where the hell did this guy come from?

• Fire 1

I know we lost yesterday, but you guys need to stay off the drugs...

Some of the "options" for a replacement coach are simply mind boggling...

The Bobby Petrino suggestion almost made me nose shoot my coffee. I can see it now, Petrino in a scandal after he dumps some football secretary off his bike in Seward...

The rest of these, are almost as humorous...

The Al Golden option is actually rather intriguing to me. He seems to be doing work in Miami. But he's also in a no win situation down there. He was deceived in taking the job to begin with, but he's kept his head down and is doing his job. He also appears to be trying to do it the "right" way in place that enjoys the attention of doing it the "wrong" way. Not to mention, there is a relationship with Eichorst, is there not? I've seen Golden speak and act. I would put a lot of money down that he would graciously be on the first plane out of that southern Florida cesspool for another job that was lateral at minimum.

If it came to this (hoping it doesnt of course), I could see Golden being a very viable candidate.

If we are willing to open up the checkbook, which I believe we are as this is the hire that could take us back to elite or hamper us even more. We have to throw around big money to show how serious we are. 4 mil a year at some of these names that have been mentioned at the very least get some coaches talking about NU and how serious we are.

If we are willing to open up the checkbook, which I believe we are as this is the hire that could take us back to elite or hamper us even more. We have to throw around big money to show how serious we are. 4 mil a year at some of these names that have been mentioned at the very least get some coaches talking about NU and how serious we are.

Bo's making 3.1 mil now. If it comes to this, another mill and half or so is NOT gonna be an issue if boosters and the AD are serious about it. But it would be a very critical decision.

But again, the wheels have to completely come off '07 style. Basing such a decision as we did in '03 will just cause another disaster, I believe.

Mark Richt isn't realistic. Fitzgerald isn't realistic. Patterson isn't realistic. Swinney isn't realistic. Petersen is highly unlikely. Golden isn't an upgrade. Johnson isn't an upgrade. If we make a move we are likely looking at an up and coming coordinator.

Wrong on Richt--he is realistic and obtainable, but at a prohibitive cost.

The question is whether or not the boosters will pony up. If it's determined Richt is not worth the scratch, then that's on the boosters and AD. That doesn't mean Nebraska can't get him--instead, that they choose not to.

Cost prohibitive does not equal unrealistic. Not in today's NCAA.

Plus, we already went with the 'up-and-coming coordinator' route, and look at where we're at. Does it *really* make *any* sense to do that again if we can help it?

Bo's making 3.1 mil now. If it comes to this, another mill and half or so is NOT gonna be an issue if boosters and the AD are serious about it. But it would be a very critical decision.

But again, the wheels have to completely come off '07 style. Basing such a decision as we did in '03 will just cause another disaster, I believe.

I actually completely disagree. If we get blown out a few more times this season and potentially do not make the B1G championship Bo will be gone and no one will think twice of it. The national media is already writing columns about how Bo has flat lined and his defense is crap. Everyone has watched us get spanked over and over again with Bo as our HC. In 2003 we showed massive improvement and were only a couple years removed from a national championship. We were still nationally relevant. Fast forward to the present and you have a program that has declined each season under Pelini. Everyone sees is nationally and we are no longer nationally relevant because of it. Completely different in my opinion.

I actually completely disagree. If we get blown out a few more times this season and potentially do not make the B1G championship Bo will be gone and no one will think twice of it. The national media is already writing columns about how Bo has flat lined and his defense is crap. Everyone has watched us get spanked over and over again with Bo as our HC. In 2003 we showed massive improvement and were only a couple years removed from a national championship. We were still nationally relevant. Fast forward to the present and you have a program that has declined each season under Pelini. Everyone sees is nationally and we are no longer nationally relevant because of it. Completely different in my opinion.

:facepalm:

I still think it will take more than one season of missing or losing the CCG before we fire Bo.

NU football brings in about 55 million per year. Offer the new HC 4 mill. That opens up ALOT of doors. Pay a qualified OC and DC 1.5 mill a piece. The get some qualified position coaches for another 1-2 mill and you are 9 mill into a 55 million dollar pie. You win the conference and play in a BCS game every few years, you increase the revenue and come out better.

Money talks. We are paying Bo over 3 million (top 15ish) and we are getting beat like a drum.

NU football brings in about 55 million per year. Offer the new HC 4 mill. That opens up ALOT of doors. Pay a qualified OC and DC 1.5 mill a piece. The get some qualified position coaches for another 1-2 mill and you are 9 mill into a 55 million dollar pie. You win the conference and play in a BCS game every few years, you increase the revenue and come out better.

Money talks. We are paying Bo over 3 million (top 15ish) and we are getting beat like a drum.

problem is a proven head coach is going to want more than 1 million Bo is making right now.