So.....who ya gonna get?

arkiehusker

These threads crack me up because two guys that are almost always mentioned are Pat Fitzgerald or Chris Petersen. Like either one of these two are going to get a call from our AD, they'll drop their pop tarts, and say "Holy f*ck, Nebraska just called me, i'm going to drop everything and go coach there"

And we need multiple Scott Frost or Turner Gill or even Frank Solich for those desperate enough...

Thing of it is, we're not going to find somebody who's going to have the ability to right the ship that quickly...

The thing is, it doesn't have to happen quickly, but it has to feel like it can happen. I don't think it will with Pelini now, It's no longer just a huge loss here or there, it's EVERY time we're on a big stage of any kind. It's a norm now, were you shocked we lost or does it feel like it's happened before so you're used to it? That's the complacency I never wanna have. 9 wins with W's over cupcakes and a PSU on sanctions and MSU with no offense isn't going to mask the Ohio St. and UCLA games anymore. I'm more than happy at this point to rebuild and risk it on a guy like Frost because we've already put up with 5 years so I'd gladly take some lumps and good losses over the slaughters we've taken. Cosgrove looks like Mcbride compared to the last 3yrs of D we've had in big losses.

Said this in another thread, but Mark Richt is another realistic (albeit pricey) option that would have an immediate impact.

And yes, I know recruiting will be more of a challenge, but you sell him on the idea (truth, really) that the B1G is an easier road to the NC. That, and that Nebraska could very easily be top dog in the B1G, while Georgia is, at best, a perennial third (or fourth, depending on aTm) best team.

Richt is an admitted Nebraska fan from Omaha, which helps soothe the boosters that need a "Nebraska Man "; allow him to assemble his staff, and watch him win big stage games that have eluded us this far.

These threads crack me up because two guys that are almost always mentioned are Pat Fitzgerald or Chris Petersen. Like either one of these two are going to get a call from our AD, they'll drop their pop tarts, and say "Holy f*ck, Nebraska just called me, i'm going to drop everything and go coach there"

And we need multiple Scott Frost or Turner Gill or even Frank Solich for those desperate enough...

Thing of it is, we're not going to find somebody who's going to have the ability to right the ship that quickly...

The thing is, it doesn't have to happen quickly, but it has to feel like it can happen. I don't think it will with Pelini now, It's no longer just a huge loss here or there, it's EVERY time we're on a big stage of any kind. It's a norm now, were you shocked we lost or does it feel like it's happened before so you're used to it? That's the complacency I never wanna have. 9 wins with W's over cupcakes and a PSU on sanctions and MSU with no offense isn't going to mask the Ohio St. and UCLA games anymore. I'm more than happy at this point to rebuild and risk it on a guy like Frost because we've already put up with 5 years so I'd gladly take some lumps and good losses over the slaughters we've taken. Cosgrove looks like Mcbride compared to the last 3yrs of D we've had in big losses.

And this is precisely what I don't get.

Because Frost would bring "new energy" to the program, doesn't mean he's going to win. So in 5 years when Frost is still in the same spot we're in now, you're going to fire him too?

Because Frost would bring "new energy" to the program, doesn't mean he's going to win. So in 5 years when Frost is still in the same spot we're in now, you're going to fire him too?

Agreed. Winning "now" and making a hire like Scott Frost, Craig Bohl, or any other n00b coach are probably mutually exclusive.

And IMHO, Nebraska doesn't have another five years to piss away. We need to win now, or risk irrelevance--we have the kids, just not the coaching.

Agreed. Winning "now" and making a hire like Scott Frost, Craig Bohl, or any other n00b coach are probably mutually exclusive.

And IMHO, Nebraska doesn't have another five years to piss away. We need to win now, or risk irrelevance--we have the kids, just not the coaching.

we are basically irrelevant right now..

Ken Niumatalolo He knows how to run option football and read option football. Niumatalolo's work helped Navy establish a rushing attack that led NCAA Division I-A/FBS in yards per game in four of his first five seasons since he returned to Annapolis, including an unprecedented three consecutive seasons leading the nation in that category (2004 through 2006). In 2008, Navy averaged 292.4 yards per game on the ground, leading the nation for the fourth straight year in the category. This rushing game has helped Navy football reach a level of success it had not seen in decades:

• Fire 1

Im not happy either. There are some changes that need to be made. If Bo wins 9 again this year and gets the boot, who is your guy?

UNL fired a 9 win coach already and couldnt get anyone to take the job until you know who got fired for the dumpster fire in Oakland.

So. Miss fired a guy with 9 wins and look where they are. I dont know what the answer is. Just food for thought.

Difference situations. Frank looked like he was moving in a positive direction away from what wasn't working. Bo seems to be stuck and from the looks of it, unwilling to change.

This^ Bo has, over a body of 6 years, shows to be going backwards. His steadfast belief that his 2 gap, man cover works shows, IMO, an inability to ever get better than we have seen. Possibly worse as recruiting takes a hit for our national tv blow out losses. IIRC we have given up almost 2400 yards and 190 points in our last 4 out of 5 (not counting Southern Miss). We flat out suck. The fans know it, sports writers know it and the nation as a whole knows it. Now, what does the AD do about it.

+1 lo. Exactly what I was thinking.

The AD has no ties to Bo and this staff. I am confident that if he decides to make changes he will have tons of support.

The reality is that there aren't really all that many legitimate and proven potential candidates out there. Quite frankly, most of the existing HC names being thrown around are either unrealistic or aren't upgrades. People better get used to the idea that if we make a change it very well may mean taking a risk on someone unproven like Frost or Chad Morris. Sometimes it works out. Dabo Swinney was merely a WR coach before getting the job at Clemson. He had one poor year but now seems poised for a long and successful career.

I can agree with that but what I want gone isn't the losses in general, but the way we lose, the mindset bo's players have when down. It certainly doesn't have to be Frost though and I'd prefer a guy like Smart or Richt as my legitimate offers.