As I posted a topic similiar and told quit talking about the players - yet this cat writes this and people agree. WE DONT HAVE THE TALENT PEOPLE - and for the players who are better aren't seeing the field enough. The below players CANNOT TACKLE or don't have the skill set. I still set the blame on Bo as a whole because it is part of coaching (and the way we are losing is mind boggling). Ankrah - not good Randle - not good Green - not good H. Jackson - not good Cooper - not good Zaire Anderson and Michael Rose should see the field. Period Gerry should have stayed at safety and played over either Cooper or H Jackson - I also KNOW C Jacks is better than those two as well. Moss and McMullen aren't better than Ankrah? Curry and Collins aren't better than Randle?
Cooper is fine, outside of SJB he's been the best in our secondary. I will give you Randle and Ankrah, very underwhelming so far. I say let all the young guys play, the vets that are playing right now haven't proved anything in their time here. You had your chance, move over for some young blood.

I just don't see it for Cooper. He is starting to become Stafford when he thinks he can destroy people with a hard shoulder and doesn't have the speed. I like him more than H Jackson at least.

Every bit of that is true, but I don't know if any of us think Pelini has the guts to admit he was wrong and find a way to fix it. If Martinez is hurt, sit him, don't care who he is. If a freshman is better play him, don't care that another kid is a senior, he should play better as nothing is a given in this game. Every single week, every single practice, every single game...................every position is up for grabs and if you start enforcing that you'll see EVERYONE that wants to play, playing their a$$es off. As far as making the team more tough I don't know what the right answer is there, but the answer isn't patty cake at the line, just going through the motions, not tackling at full speed in practice I can tell you that. It shouldn't matter who's lining up across from you, that person is now your enemy, your sole purpose in life is to make him sorry he lined up across from you. If that requires hitting Taylor Martinez so hard you leave an indentation of his soul in the field when you walk away from his burning carcass................so be it. It doesn't matter if he's the starting QB or the 3rd string punter.............he's a football player and so are you so start acting like it!

David Santos getting benched after week one wasn't enough evidence to show that the coaches are going to play the best players possible? Hell, they replaced him with a true freshman! What more do you guys need?

I find it utterly ridiculous that fans think they know who is and isn't the best player on the field. These coaches spend 50-60 hours or more each week coaching, scheming, watching film and preparing for an opponent. And any of us truly think they're favoring older players over the younger ones? Look - hundreds of fans opined last year for us to "start the younger players!" because the old, experienced ones we had weren't getting it done. Well guess what - we're starting only three guys that started more than half the games in 2012 on defense. We're littered with freshman and redshirt freshman and some people STILL think there's some ray of hope hiding in the wings left untouched?

An offense loaded with talent/experience is still crapping the bed, too.

You guys can debate who should/shouldn't start, scheme away at what will work and won't, but the fact of the matter is that none of it matters. I've said it 100 times - this team is not a mentally strong football team. They wilt under pressure, get too excited too easily, lack fundamental discipline, can't tackle and show an inability to make in-game adjustments. Those are mental, and fundamental, breakdowns. It has nothing to do with who is and isn't out there playing at this point. These problems have persisted since 2011, and I truthfully believe Nebraska has one of the Top 20 best rosters in college football.

Yet, the performances indicate we're nowhere near deserving of that level.

• Fire 1

David Santos getting benched after week one wasn't enough evidence to show that the coaches are going to play the best players possible? Hell, they replaced him with a true freshman! What more do you guys need?

I find it utterly ridiculous that fans think they know who is and isn't the best player on the field. These coaches spend 50-60 hours or more each week coaching, scheming, watching film and preparing for an opponent. And any of us truly think they're favoring older players over the younger ones? Look - hundreds of fans opined last year for us to "start the younger players!" because the old, experienced ones we had weren't getting it done. Well guess what - we're starting only three guys that started more than half the games in 2012 on defense. We're littered with freshman and redshirt freshman and some people STILL think there's some ray of hope hiding in the wings left untouched?

An offense loaded with talent/experience is still crapping the bed, too.

You guys can debate who should/shouldn't start, scheme away at what will work and won't, but the fact of the matter is that none of it matters. I've said it 100 times - this team is not a mentally strong football team. They wilt under pressure, get too excited too easily, lack fundamental discipline, can't tackle and show an inability to make in-game adjustments. Those are mental, and fundamental, breakdowns. It has nothing to do with who is and isn't out there playing at this point. These problems have persisted since 2011, and I truthfully believe Nebraska has one of the Top 20 best rosters in college football.

Yet, the performances indicate we're nowhere near deserving of that level.

Hence the need for coaching changes, not necessarily Bo, but other coaches need to go.

David Santos getting benched after week one wasn't enough evidence to show that the coaches are going to play the best players possible? Hell, they replaced him with a true freshman! What more do you guys need? I find it utterly ridiculous that fans think they know who is and isn't the best player on the field. These coaches spend 50-60 hours or more each week coaching, scheming, watching film and preparing for an opponent. And any of us truly think they're favoring older players over the younger ones? Look - hundreds of fans opined last year for us to "start the younger players!" because the old, experienced ones we had weren't getting it done. Well guess what - we're starting only three guys that started more than half the games in 2012 on defense. We're littered with freshman and redshirt freshman and some people STILL think there's some ray of hope hiding in the wings left untouched? An offense loaded with talent/experience is still crapping the bed, too. You guys can debate who should/shouldn't start, scheme away at what will work and won't, but the fact of the matter is that none of it matters. I've said it 100 times - this team is not a mentally strong football team. They wilt under pressure, get too excited too easily, lack fundamental discipline, can't tackle and show an inability to make in-game adjustments. Those are mental, and fundamental, breakdowns. It has nothing to do with who is and isn't out there playing at this point. These problems have persisted since 2011, and I truthfully believe Nebraska has one of the Top 20 best rosters in college football. Yet, the performances indicate we're nowhere near deserving of that level.
Hence the need for coaching changes, not necessarily Bo, but other coaches need to go.

Do people really think that Bo isn't running that defense? If any head coach who is known for defense has been WRECKED like we were last couple seasons in our losses - that coach will take over.....still nothing has changed

David Santos getting benched after week one wasn't enough evidence to show that the coaches are going to play the best players possible? Hell, they replaced him with a true freshman! What more do you guys need? I find it utterly ridiculous that fans think they know who is and isn't the best player on the field. These coaches spend 50-60 hours or more each week coaching, scheming, watching film and preparing for an opponent. And any of us truly think they're favoring older players over the younger ones? Look - hundreds of fans opined last year for us to "start the younger players!" because the old, experienced ones we had weren't getting it done. Well guess what - we're starting only three guys that started more than half the games in 2012 on defense. We're littered with freshman and redshirt freshman and some people STILL think there's some ray of hope hiding in the wings left untouched? An offense loaded with talent/experience is still crapping the bed, too. You guys can debate who should/shouldn't start, scheme away at what will work and won't, but the fact of the matter is that none of it matters. I've said it 100 times - this team is not a mentally strong football team. They wilt under pressure, get too excited too easily, lack fundamental discipline, can't tackle and show an inability to make in-game adjustments. Those are mental, and fundamental, breakdowns. It has nothing to do with who is and isn't out there playing at this point. These problems have persisted since 2011, and I truthfully believe Nebraska has one of the Top 20 best rosters in college football. Yet, the performances indicate we're nowhere near deserving of that level.

Do people really think that Bo isn't running that defense? If any head coach who is known for defense has been WRECKED like we were last couple seasons in our losses - that coach will take over.....still nothing has changed

Hence the need for a change at DC and OC as has been stated numerous times. Bo needs to let the DC and OC do their job if he hires new ones cause if he doesn't he'll fail. This is why he needs to hire experienced assistant coaches.

Written well IMO.

http://whatthehusk.blogspot.com/

"We all knew what we were getting when we clamored for this guy in 2007. Profanity-laced tirades directed at your own fanbase are not the kind of thing that gets a head coach fired. They erode a massive chunk of your support, but they are not fireable offensive in and of themselves."

Really? I've been cheering for BP to do well from the get go, but the hire was a rather blah one to me from the outset. Bo has not done much to change that perspective since either, aside from inheriting Suh.