Igniting a Powder Keg: Why this tape might help Nebraska football

Bo's stayin. He'll publicly reprimanded, etc etc etc. We all know this. But I believe that deep down when the smoke clears, the support may be stronger than ever. I dont expect any boos whatsoever Saturday. I do expect a huge ovation and a show of unwavering support, not just for Bo, but EVERYBODY. Why do I think this.....

It's right here on the message board. I see numerous folks who have been anti-Boish for a while, or have become so after Saturday all sudden putting their support back towards him. We've been cornered as a fanbase. As a program. ESPN's gonna fire some punches today, you can bet your ass. Rusillo just went of on us yesterday for no reason whatsoever while talking about the Pac12. It's time to start fighting back. And I bet our players are the ones who start to throw the first punch Saturday. I feel sorry for SDSU.

I think Bo is staying until Bo decides he doesn't want to stay anymore. I do not believe he will lose his job over this tape, it's far too old. Ironically, the leaker probably thought his timing was good - it wasn't. There's no way we ditch our head coach after game 3. It would kill our season, our reputation, and most of all ruin the players' hard work. Bo will act conciliatory (and who knows maybe he is) and we'll all hunker down together and weather the storm.

That said, I think this will solidify the thoughts that Bo so easily (not to mention passionately) expressed 2 years ago. He's biding his time and has no allegiance to Nebraska. He certainly doesn't after this mudslinging anyway. He'll wait until this dies down and he can repair his battered image and he'll try and find a better situation for himself. He is no doubt livid about this intrusion into private (or semi-private) fuming. Wouldn't you be? He doesn't trust this place and he won't stay. But it'll be his choice.

• Fire 1

I see things this way above all else:

THESE PLAYERS DESERVE OUR SUPPORT.

Even if you are pissed at Bo, and there is nothing saying you can't be (I am, just for being irresponsible and stupid in a semi-public setting), you should still root for this team to win games.

I was really upset last night, now I am over it. That is how it should be. As someone else said, I watched the press conference and I do believe that is how Coach Pelini feels. I think he has moved on from 2011. I am now pissed at the asshat that released this now, and embarrassed that our coach handled himself that way. I have no idea if he can recover from this, but the only way he can is to win and win big. It make take a conference championship to save him.

WEAR RED. BE LOUD.