Players Cursed At?

jmfb

I heard about Thenarse's comments about NU fans cursing at him, while cheering the opposing team on their way out.

Not so sure about this one. Sure fans overreact and so do players, Im calling BS on this one. Every fan base has a handful of looney tunes, but I dont really see it that much here. He's supporting his coach by going on the offensive.

Ive been going to games since 1970 Ive heard a smattering of boos from time to time, but for the most part I think it's directed towards the coaches, not the players. The guys you see 1 time at a game are the ones booing, not the ones who are there every week for years. That's how it is im my section.

The fans want to see a well prepared, well coached team. Ive never booed them (coaches) but Ive been frustrated. If we didnt have high expectations and standards, why even bother to be here? That's what a great program has, high standards.

I was in the tunnel at the half of the blowouts to OSU and Mizzou- even then I didnt hear anything negative insults directed right at the players. Heck I fully expected some nasty comments to be directed towards some of the coaches- nothing, nada. Lots of blank stares but lots more still cheering the kids on in the tunnel.

There are two instances of booing that I'm really embarrassed of. 1997 against Central Florida, the booing directed at Scott Frost. It was audible, it was excessive, and it was embarrasing.

And, that night against Ohio St. Right before half. I thought that was pretty bad. People leaving was worse. I still dont understand why 25% of the crowd even bothers going to the games. Yes, one fourth, it seems cant wait to get the hell out of there.

In 2009 I only went to two games, TT and ISU, and I heard a ton of "F*ck you Zac Lee!" and some fans flipping him off. I also remember all the threats O'Hanlon had after VT.

I herd a few n-bombs on the way out of the stadium when Joe Dailey ran out of bounds at the end of the USM game.

It may not be as bad as other places, but don't think it doesn't happen here.

that would be an isolated deal or two that can be heard. Im speaking more of a chorus of treatment like the booing.

Look at the sh#t people post on here about A-Rod. Look at the sh#t Martinez takes from the fans. Look at the way we treated receivers like Niles Paul and Brandon Kinnie who forgot how to catch the ball. Look at how much we ripped safeties like Stafford, Cassidy, and O'Hanlon.

Don't even try to tell me we don't do that at Nebraska, because it's a cop out, and a really sh**ty one at that.

There are two instances of booing that I'm really embarrassed of. 1997 against Central Florida, the booing directed at Scott Frost. It was audible, it was excessive, and it was embarrasing.

And, that night against Ohio St. Right before half. I thought that was pretty bad. People leaving was worse. I still dont understand why 25% of the crowd even bothers going to the games. Yes, one fourth, it seems cant wait to get the hell out of there.

Very true, if the game is decided in the 4th everybody's trying to beat the traffic. Heck I get to go to one, maybe two games a year at the most, and I've sat through a few bad ones until the clock hit :00. 2007: A&M 2008: Western Mich. and Mizzou. 2009: Texas Tech and ISU 2011: Mich. St. 2012: Minn. In fact I sit there for 15 minutes after the team has left the field and just take it all in. I think a lot of people have forgotten the reason they even go and don't appreciate it.

Overreaction

Just like here when someone states they would prefer our QB wouldnt be so careless with the football. Are hoping we have solved the issue of our QB not caring for the ball- carrying high and tight etc

That becomes "hate speech" in some peoples book- you hate TM. No most of them dont hate TM, they just wish he would be more careful with the ball and not lead the nation in fumbles for 3 years in a row.

Personally Ive never heard any of it and Ive been at every Pelini coached home game but 2 and I take my kids to the tunnel almost every game.

Ive lived in a number of other cities and our fans are quite tame compared to most that Ive encountered there, not even close.

My guess is, some of the flack isnt coming from fans at all- certainly not long term knowledgeable ones.

Personally Ive never heard any of it and Ive been at every Pelini coached home game but 2 and I take my kids to the tunnel almost every game.

Ive lived in a number of other cities and our fans are quite tame compared to most that Ive encountered there, not even close.

Well, I've only been to 2 bowl games and one home game in the past 13 years.

And I've heard it every single time.

• Fire 1