Players Cursed At?

jmfb

Hey guys, maybe if we talk about all the incidents of Husker fans not being the "greatest fans in college football", we can salvage the notion that we're the greatest fans in college football! </sarcasm>

Anybody who thinks Nebraska fans are different from any other sports fans needs to get out a little more. We have a lot of fans who are fantastic people, and we have a few fans here and there who are total d-bags, just like any other fanbase.

IMO you need to get out more. Ive traveled to a lot of away games

You need to experience those before you go saying that

Going to Colorado, K-State, Iowa, Wisconsin, Missouri, Texas, Miami etc- HUGE difference, dont even get me started on Pro teams or other sports

It's not even close

Hey guys, maybe if we talk about all the incidents of Husker fans not being the "greatest fans in college football", we can salvage the notion that we're the greatest fans in college football! </sarcasm>

Anybody who thinks Nebraska fans are different from any other sports fans needs to get out a little more. We have a lot of fans who are fantastic people, and we have a few fans here and there who are total d-bags, just like any other fanbase.

IMO you need to get out more. Ive traveled to a lot of away games

You need to experience those before you go saying that

Going to Colorado, K-State, Iowa, Wisconsin, Texas, Miami etc- HUGE difference, dont even get me started on Pro teams or other sports

It's not even close

Last year I hosted a couple from Mississippi for the USM game. The husband had been here before but she hadn't. She was absolutely shocked. I asked, "don't you get treated like this everywhere?" She laughed hysterically.

They absolutely loved their time here and were going to come back till he needed knee surgery.

So...no....it isn't like other places.

Yes I have seen fans cascading their boos on refs as they come off the field. Unfortunately, Ive been part of that group on occaision.

As to the "n" word, I call totaly BS

Ive been going to games for over 40 years and Ive NEVER heard it once in the stands

Ive been to the sidelines almost every game at the half with my kids- NEVER ever heard any "n" word

How in the WORLD would we ever get any black recruits to commit here if the "n" word was all over our sidelines at every game like you say?? Total nonsense

People dont tolerate it now being a "racist" is the worst thing anyone can call you today, they didnt 20 years ago either

I almost always sit in the same seats, but Ive sat in the North, South, East and West stadiums and had pretty much the same experience as where my season tickets are

Over 200 games

Im thinking it HIGHLY unlikely a big old football player is being called the "n" word to his face on campus by some little puke student, get real

The football player would crush him and those around would chastize and shun the racist- In todays world, the worst thing you can be called or labeled is a racist. Total BS

Yep the guys threatening to kill harm,. use the N word are the same guys that cheer for the other team when they leave- yep right, totally consistent with who those guys are LOL

HEck where Im at- they toss guys out for swearing loudly and consistently. Fans police themselves alot here.

I'm just telling you what the players themselves have told me. Have Army_Allen tweet Ameer, Taylor, Rex, J-Mitch, Quincy, Niles, or Kinnie (this is the specific reference of having someone threaten you while walking off the field and then having that fan screaming out great game to the other team) and ask them what they've heard in the confines of memorial stadium. You'd be surprised. Actually, you'd probably have to DM them as they'd probably never say that stuff in a public forum. You're completely delusional if you really believe that no one has said the N word to those guys (minus Rex and Taylor (who instead gets the mexican jokes for the last name Martinez).

Just like you don't see Bo Pelini get yelled at or have people pulling on him, a lot happens behind the scenes.

Yes I have seen fans cascading their boos on refs as they come off the field. Unfortunately, Ive been part of that group on occaision.

Ive been going to games for over 40 years and Ive NEVER heard it once in the stands

Ive been to the sidelines almost every game at the half with my kids- NEVER ever heard any "n" word

How in the WORLD would we ever get any black recruits to commit here if the "n" word was all over our sidelines at every game like you say?? Total nonsense

People dont tolerate it now being a "racist" is the worst thing anyone can call you today, they didnt 20 years ago either

I almost always sit in the same seats, but Ive sat in the North, South, East and West stadiums and had pretty much the same experience as where my season tickets are

Over 200 games

Im thinking it HIGHLY unlikely a big old football player is being called the "n" word to his face on campus by some little puke student, get real

The football player would crush him and those around would chastize and shun the racist- In todays world, the worst thing you can be called or labeled is a racist. Total BS

Yep the guys threatening to kill harm,. use the N word are the same guys that cheer for the other team when they leave- yep right, totally consistent with who those guys are LOL

HEck where Im at- they toss guys out for swearing loudly and consistently. Fans police themselves alot here.

I'm just telling you what the players themselves have told me. Have Army_Allen tweet Ameer, Taylor, Rex, J-Mitch, Quincy, Niles, or Kinnie (this is the specific reference of having someone threaten you while walking off the field and then having that fan screaming out great game to the other team) and ask them what they've heard in the confines of memorial stadium. You'd be surprised. Actually, you'd probably have to DM them as they'd probably never say that stuff in a public forum. You're completely delusional if you really believe that no one has said the N word to those guys (minus Rex and Taylor (who instead gets the mexican jokes for the last name Martinez).

Just like you don't see Bo Pelini get yelled at or have people pulling on him, a lot happens behind the scenes.

A black former player of mine- who is on the NU roster and who is doing a speaking engagement for me- says no way, untrue, not happening on the NU sidelines

If this DID happen with the frequency you say, there is NO WAY any black recruit plays here- they are on the sidelines during games

Ive been to 200+ games and NEVER heard that word- EVER- total BS- total nonsense

Yeah on campus some little dweeb is going to call a big football player the "n" word- that's what you said, not happening

This isnt 1950s Alabama- you would get attacked by white standersby for doing that today\

Every fan ask themselves this:

What would happen to someone in your section if he yelled out an insult to a player using the "n" word

THAT's why it would never happen, they would be pummelled- total BS nonsense

You havent heard it and no one else has in real life either at the stadium- thats for the moon landing was faked and the WWF is real crowd-

FYI the highest concentration of black fans is always right in the lower East stadium right above the players.

Some twitter yahoo from another school or some lunatic on meds- maybe

A few legit NU fans- no way

Over 200 games

A black former player of mine- who is on the NU roster and who is doing a speaking engagement for me- says no way, untrue, not happening on the NU sidelines

If this DID happen with the frequency you say, there is NO WAY any black recruit plays here- they are on the sidelines during games

Ive been to 200+ games and NEVER heard that word- EVER- total BS- total nonsense

Yeah on campus some little dweeb is going to call a big football player the "n" word- that's what you said, not happening

This isnt 1950s Alabama- you would get attacked by white standersby for doing that today\

What would happen to someone in your section if he yelled out an insult to a player using the "n" word

You havent heard it and no one else has in real life either at the stadium- thats for the moon landing was faked and the WWF is real crowd-

FYI the highest concentration of black fans is always right in the lower East stadium right above the players.

Now ask him about on twitter, facebook, etc. Since I did include SOCIAL MEDIA in that aspect and not just the sidelines. Furthermore, the "N" word isn't the only thing they get told. Of course no one is going to walk up to Imani Cross and say "Hey you.... f you..." No, but they'll say stupid sh#t like you need to play better becase you're worthless or you don't desreve your scholly (this is just an example.)

Funny you say that, because the last game I went to someone asked Taylor Martinez if he even had a green card (got kicked out, except for it was at the end of the game so it didn't matter all that much). I heard it VERY clearly. Stafford has told fans to come out the stands before. This is also what prompted me to start asking players I communicated with if it was a rare thing or the frequency of it. I was essentially told, the sideline sucks when things are going bad, but they just tune them out as they tend to not represent the fan base. I will say that I worded it poorly but they get called the N bomb on twitter and stuff more than the sidelines...but it does happen.

its essentially the same as every other fan base. couple drunk knuckleheads. and some internet tough guys thinking they can get their 15 minutes of fame.

Ugh....one poster here mentioned NFL games...yeah chiefs games are worse than Nebraska games. The most irritating thing I heard from a Cornhusker fan was some lady whining about the second string defense giving up some plays in a blowout.

I think it's sad that people feel it necessary to trash talk but if the players want to make general statements about the fans as a whole (cheer opposing fans but cuss them out) then they won't be too upset if I point some of the blame and point out the hypocrisy of these same players that watch tv and listen to music that has far more abusive language.

There are loudmouth a$$hole$ in every fan base. Ours is no different. Don't be surprised to hear anecdotal stories of this type of behavior with Husker fans. It happens, I've witnessed it. But I can also say it is not as rampant as what one might find at a place like CU or many other places. We can be proud that our behavior is generally better than most places but there are still bad apples.

Over 200 games

Now ask him about on twitter, facebook, etc. Since I did include SOCIAL MEDIA in that aspect and not just the sidelines. Furthermore, the "N" word isn't the only thing they get told. Of course no one is going to walk up to Imani Cross and say "Hey you.... f you..." No, but they'll say stupid sh#t like you need to play better becase you're worthless or you don't desreve your scholly (this is just an example.)

Funny you say that, because the last game I went to someone asked Taylor Martinez if he even had a green card (got kicked out, except for it was at the end of the game so it didn't matter all that much). I heard it VERY clearly. Stafford has told fans to come out the stands before. This is also what prompted me to start asking players I communicated with if it was a rare thing or the frequency of it. I was essentially told, the sideline sucks when things are going bad, but they just tune them out as they tend to not represent the fan base. I will say that I worded it poorly but they get called the N bomb on twitter and stuff more than the sidelines...but it does happen.

its essentially the same as every other fan base. couple drunk knuckleheads. and some internet tough guys thinking they can get their 15 minutes of fame.

You said the N word gets tossed around a bunch at Memorial Stadium

NO ONE HEre backs you up on that

People would get PUMMELED if they did

200+ games- never heard it, nothing close

Former player of mine- black player on team, never heard it

Former player, black recruit on sidelines for 5-6 games- never heard it

It doesnt happen, not in this day and age in Nebraska Memorial stadium

Any twitter fool from Texas or non fan, can do anything on social media

Im talking about paying fans in Memorial Stadium, doesnt happen

There are two instances of booing that I'm really embarrassed of. 1997 against Central Florida, the booing directed at Scott Frost. It was audible, it was excessive, and it was embarrasing. And, that night against Ohio St. Right before half. I thought that was pretty bad. People leaving was worse. I still dont understand why 25% of the crowd even bothers going to the games. Yes, one fourth, it seems cant wait to get the hell out of there.

This. This is why Scott Frost is my favorite Husker! He redeemed himself, he fought through everything. I remember hearing the chorus of boos and it was loud as if the entire stadium booed him. I was stunned. I couldn't believe the fans but he pushed through it. The only Nebraska born QB to win a MNC!