Better Fanbases than Nebraska

carlfense

Well yeah. The Ohio State fans didn't leave and piss off the team.

So you think that Bo is more comfortable with Ohio State fans? Oddly enough . . . I agree with you.

What the f#*k are you talking about? The team was pissed at the fans for leaving early and quitting on them.

Tom and other reporters had asked Bo about his thoughts on the fans booing and leaving during the postgame. There's a section of the tape that is inaudible, but judging by the rest of the conversation, it's highly like that Bo, Greg and Chris were discussing exactly this. It fits perfectly in the context of everything.

Yea, the records are as bad but it has been 14 years since we've won anything of worth - that for a top program can be just as hard on the fan base - no we didn't go 0-11 but based on where we were prior to the drought it is still a big test.

14 years but we've had a number of conference championship appearances, post-new-year bowls, and so on. It's not like we are a routine 4, 5, 6 win team for a decade...if that were to happen, I shudder to think of the implosion and tumult we'd go through. Probably make it OK to the other side, but it's a lot worse than what we've had to endure, which really is mostly good enough hope that coaches not making BCS bowls fast enough is considered grounds for dismissal.

And he didn't explicitly say "every single person in attendance tonight" either.

The mental contortions that some are willing to go through to support the failed Pelini experiment are astounding.

The mental contortions that some are willing to go through to justify their hatred of a guy are astounding.

I see him gone at the end of the year. That doesn't mean I'm not going to be honest about the entire situation. Nebraska football fans are a perfect case of American Exceptionalism.

Alright, I'm one of the defenders of Bo on this emotional outburst to date but in fairness to carl, it was a really, really, really bad thing to say and fans are legitimately peeved.

I don't know why I'm that cool with it, perhaps because the feelings he expressed both about the fans and about leaving the job are completely unsurprising to me. This isn't a new side of Pelini, it's one I've considered as having existed since a while now. But for those for whom this is a 'woah' moment, I can understand the shock and disgust and the enormous skepticism.

And he didn't explicitly say "every single person in attendance tonight" either.

The mental contortions that some are willing to go through to support the failed Pelini experiment are astounding.

What percentage of the fans do you think were booing going to halftime?

What? :confucius

That is a pretty straight forward question.

What percentage of the fans do you think were booing going to halftime?

What? :confucius

That is a pretty straight forward question.

It's probably better stated as "why?" As in, why do you think this is relevant? Maybe also a bit of "how?" As in, how could you possibly estimate such a thing?

Iowa State may be a better fanbase. They are continually a laughing stock in nearly every sport but their fans still show up, that is dedication.
Do they even any fans?

I always considered them as extras like you'd see in the background of a movie. Not sure why they are there but just hope to be seen on tv