Scott Shanle

C N Red

Scott Shanle is down in Texas and he was on USC 1620 today. Basically he said if they want him to scout some talent for them in Texas where he is, he will. Lots of great players down there that don't even hear from Nebraska and he doesn't know why.

IMO, we could recruit entirely from Nebraska down through kansas, oklahoma, and into Texas and get everybody we need. Maybe dabble in Mizzou and LSU a little too but we might be better off streamlining our recruiting. It could really help us out. Of course you still do what you can in Florida and Cali, but those would be the only outliers. Think how much better we could do recruiting by focusing mainly in the central and south central part of the country. I think it could be huge!!! There's 3 star talent in Texas that are as good or better in than higher rated players in other states. They play and practice football year around down there!!! I just don't get it.

Scott Shanle is down in Texas and he was on USC 1620 today. Basically he said if they want him to scout some talent for them in Texas where he is, he will. Lots of great players down there that don't even hear from Nebraska and he doesn't know why.

IMO, we could recruit entirely from Nebraska down through kansas, oklahoma, and into Texas and get everybody we need. Maybe dabble in Mizzou and LSU a little too but we might be better off streamlining our recruiting. It could really help us out. Of course you still do what you can in Florida and Cali, but those would be the only outliers. Think how much better we could do recruiting by focusing mainly in the central and south central part of the country. I think it could be huge!!! There's 3 star talent in Texas that are as good or better in than higher rated players in other states. They play and practice football year around down there!!! I just don't get it.

RED Why do you think that?

GREEN I'm not so sure that's true.

In fact, I would say there are players in other states that are very good but aren't as highly rated simply because they aren't in Texas.

In fact, I would say there are players in other states that are very good but aren't as highly rated simply because they aren't in Texas.

Yep

We great spread too thin feeling we have to go over entire country.

If you're dissatisfied over the last 3 recruiting classes, I think you're insane...

If you're dissatisfied over the last 3 recruiting classes, I think you're insane...

Yeah, who wants all those California and Florida kids anyway.

Well, OK, Iowa doesn't but still...

Hey, I've never been a hater of our recruiting. Look it up if you have the time. I just think, kind of like our offense at times, we try to do too many things. Focus and simplicity make things easier and are many, many times much more successful. I'm not hating, I'm just putting it out there that making our recruiting philosophy more simple could be for the best.

I think you find 15-20 guys you really want in "outer" states and really get after them to try and get them here. The rest can come from the focus area of your recruiting where you can spend a lot more time, given travel time and distance will be cut significantly. This gives coaches a lot more time in higher population areas that are near by to find recruits. You can increase your odds of getting really good recruits no matter what they are rated with simple time management and playing the favorable odds.

We could of recruited d-line better. Missed out on multiple JUCO DTs

We could of recruited d-line better. Missed out on multiple JUCO DTs

I still feel pretty good about our young DTs.

We have always recruited all over the country and will continue to do so. We are hitting California really well over the last few years and need to continue to do so. We will always get a couple from Texas, but we cant focus only on that state. Florida has more division I talent than any state in the country, and for sure the fastest kids anywhere. There is a high school kid down there right now running a 9.9 100 meter. We need to hit Cali, Texas, Florida and Ohio hard every year. And get all the talent in a 500 mile radius ..Nebraska,Missouri and Kansas. I wish we could get some east coast kids like we did in the past with Rozier and the Peter bro's