Fans reactions on the reactions of former players

I really don't have much use for people that are gonna just stand off to the side and throw rocks at someone. While I appreciate the success that these guys brought to us 20 years ago, I'm not sure how much insight into the situation they can really bring. Particularly Frazier who pretty clearly isn't fit to coach a Class D high school (3-17 at Doane).

We're in a rough spot right now, and using your name recognition to call for the firing of coaches isn't being part of the solution. I'm not saying its their duty to defend Pelini, because it isn't, but I'd appreciate them letting Pelini's program succeed or fail on its own merits without outside interference. I think Bo and his players deserve that much.

well said sir! I can understand that view. But I will say that Tommie just said that Bo should clean house on the defensive coaching staff, not really anything about Bo himself. Honestly, I think there is a majority of people in this state who would agree with that assessment. My thing is that it just seems the fan base is becoming more and more divided where fans either back the former players or they back Bo. Its almost like the college football version of republicans and democrats.

I wouldn't equate two guys that have long established themselves as dicks as "the former players", it's much less about protecting Bo than not giving a rat's ass about what those two think or if Bo tells Tommie to kiss-off.

Peters, I can see. But Tommie? Yeah he speaks his mind and can go off at times. I am sure glad we don't have a coach that acts like Tommie... Wait...

If you think that is all there is with Tommie you are way off. Like I said this isn't about protecting Bo. If Eichorst had pulled the plug over this I would hardy have been up in arms. Just saying I couldn't care less what Peters and Frazier think or if Bo told a douchebag the program didn't need him.

I really don't have much use for people that are gonna just stand off to the side and throw rocks at someone. While I appreciate the success that these guys brought to us 20 years ago, I'm not sure how much insight into the situation they can really bring. Particularly Frazier who pretty clearly isn't fit to coach a Class D high school (3-17 at Doane).

We're in a rough spot right now, and using your name recognition to call for the firing of coaches isn't being part of the solution. I'm not saying its their duty to defend Pelini, because it isn't, but I'd appreciate them letting Pelini's program succeed or fail on its own merits without outside interference. I think Bo and his players deserve that much.

well said sir! I can understand that view. But I will say that Tommie just said that Bo should clean house on the defensive coaching staff, not really anything about Bo himself. Honestly, I think there is a majority of people in this state who would agree with that assessment. My thing is that it just seems the fan base is becoming more and more divided where fans either back the former players or they back Bo. Its almost like the college football version of republicans and democrats.

I wouldn't equate two guys that have long established themselves as dicks as "the former players", it's much less about protecting Bo than not giving a rat's ass about what those two think or if Bo tells Tommie to kiss-off.

Peters, I can see. But Tommie? Yeah he speaks his mind and can go off at times. I am sure glad we don't have a coach that acts like Tommie... Wait...

If you think that is all there is with Tommie you are way off. Like I said this isn't about protecting Bo. If Eichorst had pulled the plug over this I would hardy have been up in arms. Just saying I couldn't care less what Peters and Frazier think or if Bo told a douchebag the program didn't need him.

I just never heard of anyone having ill feelings about Tommie until this week. Is there something I am missing? What is it that I am way off on? Not trying to be a smart ass I would just like to know what Tommie has done other than voice his opinion which I felt was spot on other than the timing he did it. Also, I don't recall Tommie saying anything bad about Bo, he simply said that the whole coaching staff on the D needs to be fired, and I think there is a good majority of people who agree with that assessment, especially with the performance over the past 5 games. Papuchis is in way over his head, and if every single player over the past few years have the same issues (like tackling) then its a fairly good sign that its not "execution" its coaching and the players are only as good as they are coached.

People should actually listen to his recent broadcast (Frazier) because I heard many good points. And this whole notion that the "old" way is somehow outdated is hogwash. How do you think Saban coaches?

Pretty close to Bo actually, not real friendly to the media, hot heads, talks about execution and the process like it's going out of style.

Actually I was referring to the fact that Saban modeled his programs after TO's Nebraska after playing them as the coach at MSU. I was pointing out that the current best team in college football is extremely similar to the one TO built 20 years ago so football changes in some ways but physical tough football still beats finesse until they completely take the physical part out with the rules....

You telling me Bo Pelini has never failed anywhere?

I would tell you Pelini does not have a single losing season as a head coach....not even close. And yes, Frazier certainly knows a lot about football.

Keep in mind pelini coached in the NFL and had a LOT more seasoning before he became a head coach so I don't see how we can compare the two resumes. But to say that because Tommie was a failed HC so everything he says can't be right isn't accurate.

I just want to know (especially form the Bo supporters) why is it okay to rip on former players for voicing their opinions but its not okay for fans to rip on Bo?

It all comes down to the content and context of what the "ripping" is. I'd say Frazier has gone a bit too far, but Bo should not have responded as he did. They should have just met face to face, or talked on the phone, and said what they needed to say in private. Peter's comments are usually a bit too delusional for my liking, though most of what he said today (yesterday) on the radio show (I think?) seemed fair enough. It's one of the few times I've felt his comments on something were lucid and close to being on point.

I just never heard of anyone having ill feelings about Tommie until this week. Is there something I am missing? What is it that I am way off on? Not trying to be a smart ass I would just like to know what Tommie has done other than voice his opinion which I felt was spot on other than the timing he did it. Also, I don't recall Tommie saying anything bad about Bo, he simply said that the whole coaching staff on the D needs to be fired, and I think there is a good majority of people who agree with that assessment, especially with the performance over the past 5 games. Papuchis is in way over his head, and if every single player over the past few years have the same issues (like tackling) then its a fairly good sign that its not "execution" its coaching and the players are only as good as they are coached.

There have been several discussion on here about Tommie and the way he treats our fans in public places.

It's useful to compare a program "back when it was up" to "now when it is down" and see what are the differences and whether those differences are relevant.

One timeless observation by championship teams (Huskers, Vince Lombardi Packers, take your pick) is that most of the player say that they were more challenged in the practices than in actual games. That doesn't seem to be the case with this team, and former players have said as much, so there is that.

It's useful to compare a program "back when it was up" to "now when it is down" and see what are the differences and whether those differences are relevant.

One timeless observation by championship teams (Huskers, Vince Lombardi Packers, take your pick) is that most of the player say that they were more challenged in the practices than in actual games. That doesn't seem to be the case with this team, and former players have said as much, so there is that.

A down program is Bill's team in the last years. Up program is 94 95 96 97 right now we are a little like 2003 04 teams somewhere in the middle with no certain direction. Question, are the huskers going up or down right now.

Just a quick question for everyone. I understand and can see where people would want to defend their coach. But I have seen quite a few people on this board and on social media trashing former players like Tommie Frazier and Jason Peters for making comments about the current state of the program. I for one find it totally disrespectful to do this to people who have played for Nebraska.

So how do you feel about the people trashing the guys who played for Bo and expressing their support for him?

• Fire 1

Just a quick question for everyone. I understand and can see where people would want to defend their coach. But I have seen quite a few people on this board and on social media trashing former players like Tommie Frazier and Jason Peters for making comments about the current state of the program. I for one find it totally disrespectful to do this to people who have played for Nebraska.

So how do you feel about the people trashing the guys who played for Bo and expressing their support for him?

I would feel the same way. I get that T-Mart isn't the best QB ever, and a LOT of fans have talked crap about the kid but I have nothing but respect for the guy. The same goes for any of Bo's previous players as well. I don't ever talk bad about any college players unless they do something stupid like what Te'o did. Really, the only players that have played at Nebraska I trash on is Lawrence Phillips and... well thats about it. I would also like to point out, there were players who voiced praise for Callahan when he was on the hot seat. Any player would defend their coach no matter how awful they are... Unless that coach is Mark Mangino.