Proper Public Relations

Ok, so the university admits it knew about this tirade years ago. Why in the heck would they not have Bo or the AD put out a press statement to disarm the potential media extortion of this situation? You could have it ready and drop it on a heavy news day and have no other comment on the subject after that. I just can't believe all of these edjabacated people let this play out like it has. Really disturbing. Might as well now get all the skeletons out of the closet now while your stepping it. But, IMHO all of this high school drama could have been avoided. :bang

I'm no PR expert, but is there a precedent that you can recall where an organization or a person has come out ahead of something like this?

I mean I just can't imagine Bo or TO in 2011 saying, "So there's something we've been made aware of that isn't public but could be. We won't get into details, but we're just acknowledging that it exists and isn't good but we took care of it. What is it exactly? Dont' worry about it."

Ok, so the university admits it knew about this tirade years ago. Why in the heck would they not have Bo or the AD put out a press statement to disarm the potential media extortion of this situation? You could have it ready and drop it on a heavy news day and have no other comment on the subject after that. I just can't believe all of these edjabacated people let this play out like it has. Really disturbing. Might as well now get all the skeletons out of the closet now while your stepping it. But, IMHO all of this high school drama could have been avoided. :bang

If someone threatens you with a video of you humping your dog, are you gonna go around and tell everyone you know that "hey, there's this video of me humping my dog. I'm sorry I shouldntve done it", or are you gonna sit tight and have a plan in place for when and if it is made public and just hope?

Whether or not you actually hump your dog is not up for debate. :lol:

I'm no PR expert, but is there a precedent that you can recall where an organization or a person has come out ahead of something like this?

I mean I just can't imagine Bo or TO in 2011 saying, "So there's something we've been made aware of that isn't public but could be. We won't get into details, but we're just acknowledging that it exists and isn't good but we took care of it. What is it exactly? Dont' worry about it."

I don't know either but they could have at least had Bo say:

"In the past I have chose to let my anger guide me in making bad decisions. Including using improper language and statements against the fan-base of NU said in anger. I have since learned and have had counseling to deal with this character issue and want to sincerely apologize for my irresponsible behavior unbecoming of a Nebraska Head Football Coach. I thank Husker Nation for standing by me during this learning process and ask for all Nebraska fans forgiveness".

I don't know if this would be worded right but it would have taken the wind out of the sails of this media extortionist!

If someone threatens you with a video of you humping your dog, are you gonna go around and tell everyone you know that "hey, there's this video of me humping my dog. I'm sorry I shouldntve done it", or are you gonna sit tight and have a plan in place for when and if it is made public and just hope?

Whether or not you actually hump your dog is not up for debate. :lol:

I don't hump my dog unless I am getting paid for it. That being said, its the same way these future politicians deal with dirt the other side might bring up...like the "October" surprise. I guess it was a gamble. I would have come clean immediately after I realized what I said publicly and that it was wrong. But, its like the university has Anthony Weiner's P.R. Consultant!!! Always best to nip any wrong one has done in the bud. But, just don't bogart.