When is the last time any team got so much attention ...

NUance

Are we really getting THAT much national attention? I don't watch or listen to the talking heads very often, and not this week, so I honestly don't know how much play it's getting, but while it's on ESPN's front page it's not that prominent.

Petrino's motorcycle fiasco probably got more attention, as did Leach and the James kid. Mike Price's Roll Tide evening and aftermath. Gundy's "I'm a man" speech. Just a few that come to mind.

Are we really getting THAT much national attention? I don't watch or listen to the talking heads very often, and not this week, so I honestly don't know how much play it's getting, but while it's on ESPN's front page it's not that prominent.

Petrino's motorcycle fiasco probably got more attention, as did Leach and the James kid. Mike Price's Roll Tide evening and aftermath. Gundy's "I'm a man" speech. Just a few that come to mind.

This isn't like Te'o or Manziel level.

Yeah, all those were bigger I guess. A couple years from now we'll look back on this and it'll probably seem about as big as the Ham Sammich scandal or Text-book-gate. :lol:

Let's face it, a college football coach telling the entire fanbase to go f-itself is news.

From all I've watched in the national sports media, they covered it, put it in perspective and then dropped it from the hotlist after 24 hours.

We will hear about Bo Pelini in the hot seat for the rest of the season, and this will be referenced, but it's gonna come down to the product on the field.

. . . without an NCAA investigation or police involvement? Seriously, when?? :lol:

I think Texas is getting the same kind and quantity of attention. I might add USC to that mix but I think the USC fans understand the probation limitations and their effect on the Trojans.

Had it not been for the release of the 2-year-old tape there would not be that much of a kerfuffle over Nebraska football, I think. After all, UCLA was higher rated going into the game. The point spread was basically due to the "homefield advantage" Nebraska had so the oddsmakers evidently thought the game would be a tossup. The only ones who predominantly felt the game would be a Nebraska rout were the Nebraska fans. So just based on the comparative quality of the teams there should be no big uproar. I don't think UCLA fans would have lost much sleep if the Bruins had lost.

The cause of the negative reaction is, I think, the way Nebraska lost (giving up 38 unanswered points).

I think there was a legitimate cliffhanger for a couple days to see how the University would respond, when some form of public rebuke was guaranteed and a dismissal felt possible.

I see on other threads and all over Facebook Husker fans circling the wagons by blaming the media.

Tell you what. Next time Deadspin breaks something like the Manti T'eo story, or perhaps Urban Meyer covering for the sociopathic tendancies of one of his players, you either boycott the shameful media exploitation of someone's privacy or admit that Pelini's profane rant against his own fans was indeed news.

Let's face it, a college football coach telling the entire fanbase to go f-itself is news.

From all I've watched in the national sports media, they covered it, put it in perspective and then dropped it from the hotlist after 24 hours.

We will hear about Bo Pelini in the hot seat for the rest of the season, and this will be referenced, but it's gonna come down to the product on the field.

Couldn't agree more. It looks as though he will keep his job through this and he should. Now if things don't get turned around on the field then I think we have a whole new discussion on our hands.

It wasn't a very big deal on the ESPN pre-game College Football show tonight. Nothing in the first 20 minutes. Mark May had his minute of whatever he wanted to talk about, and in the final few seconds he was talking about some team's poor defensive stats, I think Alabama's (85th in total D right now) and threw up a photo of Bo that said "Expletive deleted" and said something about Bo's comment on the Tide's defense, something like that. It was actually pretty funny. Then the host asked him to talk more about Bo and May said it was unfortunate for Bo and that it happened 2 years ago and really wasn't an issue now. So if Mark May downplays this, you know the story doesn't have legs nationally.