Mark May "Nebraska is going to get rolled"...

Weasel

Again, a well thought out discussion by skersfan. I agree that Nebraska does have a chance to win-- albeit a very slim chance. If Michigan comes out and plays as they are capable though, I wouldn't be surprised to see Michigan win by 14-21 points.

and if NU comes out and plays the way they are capable of NU wins by by 2 touchdowns.

Again, a well thought out discussion by skersfan.  I agree that Nebraska does have a chance to win-- albeit a very slim chance.  If Michigan comes out and plays as they are capable though, I wouldn't be surprised to see Michigan win by 14-21 points.

and if NU comes out and plays the way they are capable of NU wins by by 2 touchdowns.

:yeah

I am not discrediting Michigan at all. They were great last season with a freshman QB and very well could have won the Rose Bowl. BUT, you can tell Michigan doesn't want to be in San Antonio, you could tell in the what the kids were saying on Michigan's site on Scout(free weekend rocks btw). They just seemed to not be into it, and the Huskers are charged up for this matchup. If you come back on the 29th and MU wins, I will gladly tell you congrats and good luck next season. But if NU wins, will the MU fans come back? Just throwing that out there fellas.

so what i am hearing here is that NU doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning, BUT if they do it will be because MU has an off night or didn't want to be playing in this inferior bowl game? sounds like the MU fans have this all figured out no matter win or lose, they still walk away thinking they have the better team......

you MU guys are PATHETIC! :blink::wacko:

HUNTER

P.S. I'm still laughing about that Maine game...they must have been pretty tough

You laugh about the Maine game because you don't follow Husker football.

We were, and still are, a very young team; trying to learn the WCO and gel as a team while doing so.

Minus a few hiccups along the way, Nebraska as made progress this year.

Your comments amplify how much you really do know about our team...perhaps Lloyd Carr thinks the same.

Very good point. We are a work in progress. But shown in the CU game, when we click we can stack up points very quickly.

We come out flat like the KU game and a 20 point loss isn't out of the question. We have had darn near a month to prepare. I don't see us coming into this unprepared. It wont be a cake walk. They are a solid team. But IMO if we don't turn the ball over we will be just fine.

Oh and Mark May has shown his bias so many times now that I honestly cant think of one person who thinks his thoughts are anything more than rubbish.

Michigan by all accounts should be able to handle us fairly easily. I don't like it but its the truth. NU has been so terribly inconsistent it's been a 'lets see who shows up this game.. or this half.. or this quarter.. or this series'

But, I really think BC wants to prove something, and he's going to have the Big Red at its best for this game. We just spent a day working on trick plays and special situations. That tells me the guy is gonna let it all hang out. We'll see if it will be enough. I am extremely hesitant to make any predictions but I'm thinking we're either going to get blown up.. or we're gonna suprise the hell out of UM. I'm hoping for the latter, of course!

Bottom line is our offense needs to produce and our D needs to come up with enough stops to let us win.

Go Big Red!!

:wtf What is all the crap I'm hearing on this thread!!! Where's the confidence!!! I don't care if we are 0 and 10!! I am a Husker!! I go in knowing we are going to win!!! The Alamo Bowl is a whole new season!! The records don't matter at this point!! Our Huskers are a totally different team from the beginning of the year or even the middle of the year!! We have a very tough D!!! A D that have showed up all year!!! When I speak to Barry Turner, he speaks so confidently!!! As for as all the other players too!!! We are getting our swagger back!!! " Blackshirts " are back!!! We all know what we are up against!! We are the Huskers!! Nothings changed!! No one likes us!! No one wants us to win!! Regardless of what kind of season we had!!! The media sucks period!!! The Big Ten is the Media's favorite!! We all Know that!! Real Huskers don't care!!
:wtf What is all the crap I'm hearing on this thread!!! Where's the confidence!!! I don't care if we are 0 and 10!! I am a Husker!! I go in knowing we are going to win!!! The Alamo Bowl is a whole new season!! The records don't matter at this point!! Our Huskers are a totally different team from the beginning of the year or even the middle of the year!! We have a very tough D!!! A D that have showed up all year!!! When I speak to Barry Turner, he speaks so confidently!!! As for as all the other players too!!! We are getting our swagger back!!! " Blackshirts " are back!!! We all know what we are up against!! We are the Huskers!! Nothings changed!! No one likes us!! No one wants us to win!! Regardless of what kind of season we had!!! The media sucks period!!! The Big Ten is the Media's favorite!! We all Know that!! Real Huskers don't care!!

:yeah:restore2

:wtf  What is all the crap I'm hearing on this thread!!! Where's the confidence!!!  I don't care if we are 0 and 10!!  I am a Husker!! I go in knowing we are going to win!!!  The Alamo Bowl is a whole new season!!  The records don't matter at this point!!  Our Huskers are a totally different team from the beginning of the year or even the middle of the year!!  We have a very tough D!!!  A D that have showed up all year!!! When I speak to Barry Turner, he speaks so confidently!!!  As for as all the other players too!!! We are getting our swagger back!!!  " Blackshirts " are back!!!  We all know what we are up against!! We are the Huskers!!  Nothings changed!! No one likes us!! No one wants us to win!! Regardless of what kind of season we had!!! The media sucks period!!!  The Big Ten is the Media's favorite!!  We all Know that!!  Real Huskers don't care!!

Wow.. did you bring your pom poms and miniskirt too?

In reference to previous posts, you're right- Michigan fans aren't excited about this game. Unfortunately for the Huskers, that doesn't apply for the 11 men that will be on the field. Michigan players feel disrespected and feel they have something to prove in light of that.

Also- husker rob- I continually see little thought put into your posts... the likelihood of Nebraska 14-point victory is something of fantasy island.

Michigan comes in a 12-point favorite... the largest spread of all games. Again, Michigan has not lost a game by more than 7 this year: 7, 3, 3, and 4. Two of those losses come against BCS opponents (OSU and ND).

Already I hear you saying "but, but, we beat Colorado by 27 and they were favored by 14." That's nice- Colorado sucks.. much like Indiana and Purdue. Michigan is not Colorado, so you can drop that from your thought process.

I can appreciate all of your personal enthusiasm for your team, but in a realistic light, the Huskers don't hold a candle to Michigan's toughest competition. Michigan doesn't lose games by any considerable margin... practically ever. If you think this Nebraska team is going to surprise Michigan that much- I am sorry to say that you are off your proverbial rocker. You beat Colorado by 27... the same team Texas knocked off by 67 right after. Texas is a great team, but I have never seen a more pathetic Colorado team in any amount of recent history. I'm confident that Clemson will also deliver a significant blow to the Buffs as well.

You have been inconsistent. If the team that showed up most weeks this year is the Husker team you present- you will lose by a significant margin. If the team that shows up against Colorado or Texas Tech-- you will stay in the game, but unless Michigan self-destructs, will also most likely lose.

Michigan has the better team. It's almost insulting to have you insinuate any differently considering we were a combined 3 minutes away from a BCS game. Meanwhile, Nebraska played like a$$ for practically the entire season. You guys haven't played anyone this year and in two days you will have a taste of what top quality competition is.

The Unviersity of Michigan (UM) football team will be ready to play in two days and will defeat Nebraska regardless of how many cheerleaders you pack into that stadium. Goodluck.

Good luck to you as well. :thumbs I guess we will see what is what after wednesday evening. Looking at this game, I kind of think of the Holiday Bowl last season. Cal felt they were slighted, lost only 1 game to the eventual national champion and played a pretty decent schedule, playing pretty steady all season. Texas Tech plays an up and down 7-4 beating NU by 60 and losing to UT by 30 or 40 a week later. Cal comes in and plays totally uninspired ball and gets whacked by Texas Tech. I know 2 different teams, different year, different bowl, but the scenarios sound pretty similar, so we shall see. Can't wait for wednesday!

I'm with Jay...this game means more to the boys in blue than you all think. Since when did a bowl game not mean anything? Idiots!

And for those of you who keep whining about your team being "young" and "rebuilding" here's a little something.

Michigan's QB is a sophomore. #1 running back is a sophomore #2 running back is a freshman. Our "deep threat" wide receiver is a freshman. Last year we were even younger. I didn't see any michigan fans making excuses for how young we were last year. SO why all the whining? Thats pretty much all Ive heard from anyone on this board!

THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR ONLY BEAT A 1AA SCHOOL BY 13 points...NONE!