Mark May "Nebraska is going to get rolled"...

Weasel

Ahh yeah... I see you guys are having a pretty one-sided conversation here, so I thought I'd add in my "two cents."

You guys are right, Nebraska has way more to gain than Michigan. That's because Michigan is perceived as the better team- and given the course of the season- rightfully so. Michigan didn't get whacked by any so-so teams- and generally their offense didn't look quite as defunct as Nebraska's did at times throughout the season.

I see a lot of optimism here- and if Nebraska comes out and plays like they did against Colorado AND Michigan comes out and plays like Colorado, then sure you've got plenty of reason to be positive.

Frankly though, I see Nebraska's performance that day as a 1 in 12 misnomer- and even if they do play well, Michigan is not Colorado.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again-- anyone who predicts a Nebraska victory by more than 7 points is a person that does not understand the Michigan Wolverines. When they lose, they lose close. They didn't lose a single game this year by more than 7 points-- average margin was 4.25 points.... and to be honest, Nebraska ain't exactly the best team Michigan will have seen this year.

I've been beating on these points for pretty much the past month, so we'll see if it holds any water-- my guess is that it will. I really think you guys aren't giving Michigan enough credit and I believe that your overconfidence will ultimately manifest as a greater disappointment to you when Nebraska falls short against a team that is more focused and capable than you would like to believe.

Once again... Michigan 27, Nebraska 17.

I agree with what CreightonJay4MICHIGAN has to say (except the score). Michigan in all rights should beat up on NU. THey play in a better conference, played much better teams and almost won all of the them. BUt in this game, the Huskers are going to have to hope UM comes out bland and beats themselves which I think they will. UM will have to turn the ball over and NU can't. UM has to drop passes and NU can't. You catch my drift.

For Mark May to make this comment isn't surprising and not unjustified. Let's face it, were Nebraska fans and that alone makes it very difficult for the Huskers to ever lose. And that goes ditto for me. Huskers will pull this out because Michigan will lose the game for NU. The Huskers will take advantage of mistakes produced by UM's lack of emotion, vanilla offense and poor coaching. Even with all of that the Huskers pull it out late in the fourth. Hence a victory. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

NU 23

UM 21

Forget the points spread forget Mark May. This is still Husker football no matter what type of offence we are running, I always think we have a chance to win no matter who we play, thats what growing up a Husker does to you. I think we win straight up and if we cover the spread we still loose and it gos under the L column. I don't think covering the spread will matter much to the players or Husker fans.

GBR!!!

I totally agree ETR...i think we win but it;s by less than a touchdown and we get some of that husker luck rolling our way. I think that anyone that predicts a win by more than a touchdown has been living in a closet all year except for listening to good ole 1430. Chad henne and mike hart are too good to just discredit. That o-line is GIGANTIC (ten boys over 300). I think that if our d-line and backers come out and put henne on his back and do it often they WILL make mistakes. McKeon is player of the game and takes an interception to the house...tackle shmackle he will score a touchdown :)...GBR

huskers 24

wolverines 21

Amen to forgetting the spread. Unless you've got money riding on the game, the spread means nothing. It means nothing to me. A win is a win and a loss is a loss. We're not playing for the National Title (this year) so what are we playing for? Pride and bragging rights and that extra W for the season.

As for as the score predictions, i already said i think it will be close. Living in Michigan now I had to spend most of this season watching Big Ten games. Yes they had a tougher conference than the Big 12. But we're not playing the Big Ten we're playing Michigan. You can say that Michigan played tougher teams and that the Huskers lost to so-so teams that they shouldn't have lost to but it doesn't matter now. Both teams finished 7-4. Same record, so now it's one game and the winner ends the season with a better record.

I watched almost all of Mich's games this season and they DO make mistakes. I also watched the Huskers make mistakes (Texas Tech?). It's all going to come down to who wants it more and who is better prepared. I put NU on top in a in a close game.

And thanks for the support for "the oppressed bruthas stuck in Michigan". Remember I'll probably be the only one in my bar wearing red and white. Win or lose I'll shake everbody's hand, but WHEN we win I'll be doing it with a great big smile!!!!!

I'd just like to add a reminder of Bill Callahan's superior record in "big" games. I'd say this is the biggest game of his short career so far. The last "big" game he was in was the superbowl and we all know how well he coached that game, dont we? For all you "huskers" out there who think michigan will be outcoached, think again. Lloyd Carr isnt the brightest individual, however he has one more championship ring on his finger than old Billy C. does.

Also, since when did "having great fans" make your team better? Last time I checked you were 5-6 last year but had the "greatest fans". Guess that didnt work out so well for ya, did it?

Michigan 34 Nebraska 14

GO BLUE!

P.S. I'm still laughing about that Maine game...they must have been pretty tough

Mark May is just stating the obvious. He is taking no chances.

I do not see the comparisson of the past games at all.

We were undefeated. Had not lost to Kansas or Missouri. Harsh words but the truth.

I think Nebraska has a chance to beat Michigan. Not a great chance, but it is there. This is a game that Nebraska does not win, Michigan loses. We have to hope Michigan takes the game for granted.

We have not faced anywhere near the talent Michigan has since maybe last year in Oklahoma. Trust me comparing Colorado to Michigan and thinking they are close or on the same level is a mistake the team is not making.

This is the toughest team we could have drawn.

I am hoping for a good game that Nebraska plays respectable. If we win I will be very happy. If we lose but play well I will be satisfied. I am afraid we are going to see just how far we are behind still. This is a top 5 team with 4 losses. Coaching, bad luck or what ever, if they come to play and I think they will, we have very little chance of beating them. Too good and too much talent.

Michigan 35 Nebraska 21