Mark May "Nebraska is going to get rolled"...

Weasel

Then goes on to predict Michigan is going to score 40 plus. Hmm........this honestly is starting to sound like 1993 when Florida St. was going to roll us.

Actually "IF" we can make a game of it and keep it close.....put a scare in the "experts" etc....I think this will be a win win for NU. Actually if I was Michigan I'd be ticked not only about being in the bowl they are in, but facing a NU team that in actuality doesn't have much to lose and "everything" to gain.

My 2 cents,

Thoughts?

Weasel

or when teh gatorz wuz supposed to roll us in the Fiesta Bowl.

i remember watching before the game and *everyone* was saying huskers were gonna fall flat on their faces because the game was gonna be on natural turf. the logic was, Nebraska hadn't played on natural turf for awhile and because the huskers were a bunch of one-trick ponies, nebrasksa wouldn't be able to adjust.

i believe we all remember how that game ended. i know spurrier does.

soon to be convicted felon Lawrence Phillips said to the effect that it was a good thing the game had been played on natural turf... otherwise it would have been uglier for the gators.

I was born and raised in Auburn, Nebraska. I live in Michigan now but I still bleed red and white and will 'til I die. I've been waiting for this game since '97. I think it will be a close game but the Huskers will pull it off just to show everyone that we may have been down the last few seasons, but we're far from out!

***clenched-fist salute to our oppressed bruthas in michigan***

There was a post on husker illistrade.com that had intrviews with some of the players from 97 from booth Nu and Michaigan, And Tai Streets Said that it was a no brianer in 97 Michigan would have wonbecause they had a dominant Defense, and on offense they could run the ball. then goes onto say that Nu didnt have a passing game. Another guy Chris flloyd Of Michigan said that Nu Played ALot easier schedule so they would have beat us casue they faced tougher teams.

Some great replies......! As for Mich 97....bla bla bla....Ten 97 beats Mich....enough said. As for this year.....they have everything to lose and we have everything to gain imo. Plus we should have plenty of bulletin board material by now and "if" we show up like we did in the CU game, we will surprise more than a few "media" critics like Mark May: a.k.a "Footsie" lmao!

Can't wait.....personally.

Weasel

Ahh yeah... I see you guys are having a pretty one-sided conversation here, so I thought I'd add in my "two cents."

You guys are right, Nebraska has way more to gain than Michigan. That's because Michigan is perceived as the better team- and given the course of the season- rightfully so. Michigan didn't get whacked by any so-so teams- and generally their offense didn't look quite as defunct as Nebraska's did at times throughout the season.

I see a lot of optimism here- and if Nebraska comes out and plays like they did against Colorado AND Michigan comes out and plays like Colorado, then sure you've got plenty of reason to be positive.

Frankly though, I see Nebraska's performance that day as a 1 in 12 misnomer- and even if they do play well, Michigan is not Colorado.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again-- anyone who predicts a Nebraska victory by more than 7 points is a person that does not understand the Michigan Wolverines. When they lose, they lose close. They didn't lose a single game this year by more than 7 points-- average margin was 4.25 points.... and to be honest, Nebraska ain't exactly the best team Michigan will have seen this year.

I've been beating on these points for pretty much the past month, so we'll see if it holds any water-- my guess is that it will. I really think you guys aren't giving Michigan enough credit and I believe that your overconfidence will ultimately manifest as a greater disappointment to you when Nebraska falls short against a team that is more focused and capable than you would like to believe.

Once again... Michigan 27, Nebraska 17.

The pressure is certainly on Michigan, because it is a lose lose situation for them. Every sport writer and coach outside of Nebraska probably believes that, what Mark May stated, is true. So. if Michigan doesn't cover the point spread, but still wins, they lose. If they actually lose, they, of course, lose. So, the only saving grace and pride for them is to accomplish a blowout. It could happen. Can Michigan get upset. It could happen!

No one in their right mind would place an even odds bet on NU. But, they wouldn't have against CU either.

Are the Michigan fans a little concerned about the mental factor of their team given these circumstances? What if Hart's high ankle sprain limits his cutting ability? What if the 2 backup offensive lineman, perform poorly for UM? What if Henne can't escape the pass rush, because of his immobility?