2005 - 36

2006 - 51

2007 - 4

2008 - 38

2009 - 52

2010 - 39

2011 - 26

2012 - 20

Thanks for posting that, I knew that 2007 was one of our toughest schedules we have ever played as there were 10 bowl teams on it, but geez talk about bad luck or just bad timing for Bill with that being his 4th year and the Senior class was basically the 5 guys that Frank left him and about 7 last minute guys just to bring bodies into the program. Of course that doesn't absolve him from the crappy results, but for as much crap as that staff continues to get for that record, Bo has never had a schedule in the same stratosphere as that one. And he probably won't as we are in a much crapier conference now. And our defense looks just as bad if not worse by getting trunkmonkeyed by lesser teams on a weekly basis.

Absolutely 2007 was light years ahead of any schedule Pelini or Solich ever faced and Osborne only faced maybe 2 that were in the ballpark but only because we were dominant and raising the rankings of the Big 8 to ourselves sort of like Bamma and Oregon do these days. Urban might be able to do this with the B1G but it's always been such a weak conference it's doubtful and no other B1G coach even holds a candle to Meyer. Tressel gave it a good shot but the B1G adding Nebraska, Cuse and Rutgers didn't help it's football prowess since PSU's fall from grace and Michigan being a perennial turd as much as the Huskers these days.

Worse Pelini losses, so many it's hard to fathom the worst since so many were just that bad but as far as completely inept and void of any coaching ability are

1. Texas in Lincoln- Suh is gone, and let the journey of irrelevant begin. At least Texas beat someone that year in their house even

2. Wisconsin CCG- Once again Pelini shows he can take a dump to another .500 team, go ahead and throw the other Wisconsin loss at 3-4

3. Wisconsin/Washington bowl- I know the Husker excuse train is rolling along for this but yikes

4. Washington bowl/Wisconsin

5. UCLA 2 weeks ago, shows just how far we have fallen

6. Michigan, more of the same, could have been worse but Michigan stopped trying

7. tOSU, let Urbans Dominance begin, this one could have been in the hundreds but Meyer called off the dogs

8. #60 something Iowa State in Memorial, even Osborne lost to Iowa State so Pelini gets a pass even though it was a normal Pelini failure we are accustomed to

9. - 21. I guess Northwestern should start this list and just shuffle the disappointment around to suit your needs, Suh and the Callahan recruits couldn't single handedly win them all, the SEC games were a given and they didn't even try, even chokester Stoops hammered Bo and called off the dogs on his friend

Pelinis best

1. I would say Zona but I felt OSU (Okie State) was probably his best

2. Zona, Good Bye Mr. Suh and Callahan recruits........... Bo thanks you!

3. even though it was a loss - Texas CCG- Suh/ Callahan recruits and Shawn Watson take a shot

4. I think there was an OU game in there somewhere but the disappointing losses probably masked it and Stoops is pretty much the same as Pelini, Youngstown hype

Absolutely 2007 was light years ahead of any schedule Pelini or Solich ever faced and Osborne only faced maybe 2 that were in the ballpark

1995 says hello. Played four teams that finished ranked in the top ten. Three of those games were on the road, one at a neutral site (Tempe vs. Florida).

Save that overused line for when someone says something that's actually wrong. He already said that Osborne had a couple of tough schedules.

Absolutely 2007 was light years ahead of any schedule Pelini or Solich ever faced and Osborne only faced maybe 2 that were in the ballpark

1995 says hello. Played four teams that finished ranked in the top ten. Three of those games were on the road, one at a neutral site (Tempe vs. Florida).

Save that overused line for when someone says something that's actually wrong. He already said that Osborne had a couple of tough schedules.

The statement was that Osborne "only faced maybe 2 that were in the ballpark." Mine was an apropos reply. 1995 wasn't "maybe" "in the ballpark." It blew the doors off 2007.

At best it was a massive understatement. Correction was justified.

• Fire 1

So, 2-3 years of juco recruiting necessity, 2 losing records, complete dismantling of the interior/culture of DONU, and general malaise of 04-07 makes methink that Bo has done an even better job than previously thought.

The blowouts and collapses are confounding, and sadly, commonplace now. That just absolutely has to stop. But to come in after say, 6 yrs of systemic rot--coupled with what BBB12 has shown us--I'm really thinking we are actually on an uptick.

Given what Bo had to overcome, along with a much tougher schedule than I thought, I think he's done tremendous. I'm happy the 'scandal' broke last week, now we can just focus on playing, recruits, having fun and getting better.

BBB12--your post is why I come to huskerboard--thanks.

The statement was that Osborne "only faced maybe 2 that were in the ballpark." Mine was an apropos reply. 1995 wasn't "maybe" "in the ballpark." It blew the doors off 2007.

Actually it didn't blow the doors off 07 in the least, like I said we created those inflated Big 8 rankings. There was no Big XII like 07 and Kansas/KSU basically rode our coat tails to their Ranking. 2007 #1 USC after their dominance ( and cheating) alone brings 95 into the "ball park" 07 USC vs 95 Florida, like I said ballpark

Florida and the SEC were not the SEC they are today, how many 07 Big XII teams were fighting for BCS bowl bids and 95 was just the beginning of parity

Actually it didn't blow the doors off 07 in the least, like I said we created those inflated Big 8 rankings. There was no Big XII like 07 and Kansas/KSU basically rode our coat tails to their Ranking. 2007 #1 USC after their dominance ( and cheating) alone brings 95 into the "ball park" 07 USC vs 95 Florida, like I said ballpark

Florida and the SEC were not the SEC they are today, how many 07 Big XII teams were fighting for BCS bowl bids and 95 was just the beginning of parity

A more correct statement would have been that 2007 was "maybe in the ballpark" of 1995. No way did Nebraska make Colorado, K State and Kansas (all 10-2) look good. Those were legit good teams. 1995 was clearly a tougher schedule.

So, 2-3 years of juco recruiting necessity, 2 losing records, complete dismantling of the interior/culture of DONU, and general malaise of 04-07 makes methink that Bo has done an even better job than previously thought.

The blowouts and collapses are confounding, and sadly, commonplace now. That just absolutely has to stop. But to come in after say, 6 yrs of systemic rot--coupled with what BBB12 has shown us--I'm really thinking we are actually on an uptick.

Given what Bo had to overcome, along with a much tougher schedule than I thought, I think he's done tremendous. I'm happy the 'scandal' broke last week, now we can just focus on playing, recruits, having fun and getting better.

BBB12--your post is why I come to huskerboard--thanks.

When was the interior/culture dismantled? 6 Years of systematic rot eh? It's no wonder this guy still has his job when this is actually believed by people. The Culture and systematic rot started long before 6 years pre Pelini. Bad recruiting, lazy coaching, terrible game planning relying on the athleticism of 1 player, big time blow outs on National TV, firing of Husker legends to save one selves bacon to the tune of still getting blown out in easy schedules was all happening well before 6 years pre Pelini.

Instead of broad sweeping statements can you please elaborate? My definition of systematic rot would be this - Continually throwing players under the bus for bad coaching, terrible recruiting/conditioning, buddy hire staff which I will admit was part of the previous problem but this new regime has taken this to ridiculous extremes, giving schollies to walk ons which I get is supposed to emulate the past but we all know the truth here would fill an entire thread by itself, owning 11 of the worst defensive performances out of top 20 and the previous coaching staff come in at #10 behind 1996 Texas and 2001 Colorado, the other 8 belong to Bo, 2 others are pre Devaney, coach continuously looking for another job knowing he's out of his league and stating so in a vulgar display of obscenities now attached to the Nebraska Brand where he tells the fans, media and the state to "F" off.

Do we need to cover what he says about/to former Husker legends that are stating glaring facts about the program, the handing out of Blackshirt tradition really doesn't surprise just because when your defenses are as pathetic as his (#109 and second only to 0-4 New Mexico State in plays of 10 yards or more allowed) We also don't have to mention his sideline buffoonery because supposedly it shows passion, not maturity. I must go or we could go on and on but since we're on an uptick you are right about that, heres the uptick

2007 averages vs Non-conference (Nevada, USC, at Wake Forest, Ball State):

29.0 points, 407.0 yards, 68.8 plays, 5.92 yards per play

2013 averages vs Non-conference (Wyoming, Southern Miss, UCLA, South Dakota State):

27.0 points, 463.8 yards, 70.8 plays, 6.55 yards per play

2007 schedule vs 1995

Ok lets look at where the opposition ended up in bowl games shall we, no need to let opinions get in the way -

2007 Kansas /Orange bowl ...... 1995 Kansas/Aloha bowl

2007 Texas Holiday bowl ..........1995 K-state same

2007 Missou Cotton bowl........... 1995 Colorado same

2007 Texas tech Gator bowl.....Ummm, MSU getting throttled in Shreveport Independence bowl equal?

2007 Wake forrest 9-4 ............Meineke Car bowl since we find those numbers relevant for some reason especially in weak conference

2007 Texas A&M Alamo bowl ..................I should add that the rest of the 1995 Huskers schedule were 1-6 and 2-5 Big 8 and 3-8 WSU and........

So lets not just grab 4 teams, I said schedule which includes all the games which it appears voters weren't as impressed with 95 Kansas either considering they played in a 50% weak conference

99% of 2007 Husker schedule was .500 or better and in bowl games including Nevada

Shall we continue. Also most of our conference competition that year had to go through and around Fiesta Bowl OU to get their rankings

Bowl tie-ins change year to year and can be based on a bowl's choice. They have nothing whatsoever to do with anything related to strength of schedule.

For example, Nebraska won the Big XII North in 2010, but went to a lesser-tier bowl than Missouri. Based entirely on choice.

Just supports my point that people will twist things to make it work out for them, despite the fact that it the statistic lacks a lot of validity.