Texass Strangers

I'm a Twins fan (sorry) but I hope Cleveland will sweep the series against my Twins. Indians got 1 game lead in the last wild card spot against Strangers. As of Friday night, Indians lead by 9 to 1 score against Twinkees (6th inning). I hate Texass Strangers and $$$Yankees.

This always makes me laugh, but people are so quick to jump on the Yankee's because of the money they spend, which is silly. There isn't a hard salary cap like in the other major sports. Granted there is a "luxary tax" for spending more than 178 million dollars, but if you've got such lucrative tv deal, you average over 3 million a year in attendance, and the merch flies off the shelves, are you really going to care? No, you're not.

So accusing the Yanks of "buying" everything is stupid because the MLB is allowing them to do so. So until you have a hard cap, they have no reason to deviate from what they're doing...

So accusing the Yanks of "buying" everything is stupid because the MLB is allowing them to do so. So until you have a hard cap, they have no reason to deviate from what they're doing...

Just because they aren't cheating doesn't make it fair.

Ok, you have to tell me, what is cheating in this regard?

I think he meant that they are not cheating. But it's still not a level playing field.

btw, I don't have a dog in this fight. :lol:

I think he meant that they are not cheating. But it's still not a level playing field.

Then it should be up to the MLB to make it a level playing field...

I dunno. Is an artificial salary cap constraint more admirable than allowing salaries to be determined by market forces? Maybe MLB works better without a level playing field. After all, it's not like we're a bunch of f'ing communists.

I dunno. Is an artificial salary cap constraint more admirable than allowing salaries to be determined by market forces? Maybe MLB works better without a level playing field. After all, it's not like we're a bunch of f'ing communists.

Well, if there was a salary cap, then what would the "Yankee haters" have to bitch about?

Well, if there was a salary cap, then what would the "Yankee haters" have to bitch about?

Clearly you've not been following HB these past two weeks. :lol:

not so much...

too much riff raff on the board, just picking and choosing my spots...

not so much...

I just mean that HB has be a total clusterf#@k bitchfest these past couple of weeks. People bitching about everything under the sun. It's gotten rediculous, really. :lol:

not so much...

I just mean that HB has be a total clusterf#@k bitchfest these past couple of weeks. People bitching about everything under the sun. It's gotten rediculous, really. :lol:

got that right...

they could start by making teams spend their money on their teams. Money generated through revenue sharing should be spent. What Houston did this year was ridiculous. It's the oldest story in the book. The yankees pay an ungodly amount in revenue sharing so teams like Oakland and KC have money to develop all their high draft picks. Once these players become big league ready, the yankees come back around and harvest what they've invested in. The good small market teams are able to keep their young talent till just before they become back end of their prime, over priced douchebags(arod, puljos, etc). Trade these players to teams like the yankees and ask a kings ransom in draft picks or young minor league talent. Then start the cycle over. Look at St. Louis for an example on how to manage payroll and develop talent to get you titles. Both ways work. New Yorkers demand personalities to accompany success. St. Louis could care less if you are a TMZ regular. Both systems work and both have staying power but it takes some luck and common sense. Like not giving a 35 year old declining ped user a 10 year contract extention just so he breaks the home run record in your uniform(arod)

My point is that the teams like the yankees,Red Sox, dodgers are necessary for teams like KC, Tampa, or St. Louis to have success. Do you think that Tampa fans would fill more than half their stadium if the yankees couldn't spend more money than them. No. The rays have a consistently good team every year but that hasn't translated into ticket sales. The royals are missing something. All these high draft picks. Either missing on draft picks or not developing the talent. This lack of success is mind boggling.