Illinois

Anyone on this board telling anyone else to stop over reacting needs to look in the mirror. we have all over reacted about something, it just depends on what we are talking about. I have over reacted plenty of times. Which is why I won't stand on a f'ing box and preach to any of you about it.

Now as far as Illinois. It sounds to me like they have an offense that could move the ball on the majority of the Big Ten. Now forgive me if I'm wrong, it hasn't been discussed a lot, but if I have heard correctly it sounds like Nebraska has a defense that sh#ts their pants every time they take the field. Hmmmm...good offense versus sh#t defense. Sounds like it might be tough.

At this point, we have been given no evidence to believe we should be able to stop a Big Ten team considering we can't stop an FCS team. It goes both ways folks.

I'm not sitting on a soap box and saying that you're stupid if you're overreacting. I'm saying that there is no need to overreact to a score of a game against an opponent that SDSU could and would defeat.

The bolded is a lie. We couldn't stop an FCS for a quarter. Remember that SDSU had a field day and about 200 yards by the end of the first quarter. Cut that number in half and combine it with the rest of the yards we gave up outside the first quarter, and we allow 350 yards. Not a good number, but not necessarily a bad number either. It's not like their offense was just smashing it on our defense the entire game. Neither was UCLA's offense, neither was Wyoming's offense, and neither was Southern Miss's offense. It's all about removing that one bad quarter, that's a mentality issue. Fix that and watch out.

SDSU also stopped running Zenner, which is why our defense was able to get stops. Not really honest stats to trot out there.

IMO, we've seen enough of our team against to reasonably assert that the defense is a dumpster fire of Texass proportions right now. Is it fixable? Yes.

Will it work in one week? It would take a miracle.

• Fire 1

Anyone on this board telling anyone else to stop over reacting needs to look in the mirror. we have all over reacted about something, it just depends on what we are talking about. I have over reacted plenty of times. Which is why I won't stand on a f'ing box and preach to any of you about it.

Now as far as Illinois. It sounds to me like they have an offense that could move the ball on the majority of the Big Ten. Now forgive me if I'm wrong, it hasn't been discussed a lot, but if I have heard correctly it sounds like Nebraska has a defense that sh#ts their pants every time they take the field. Hmmmm...good offense versus sh#t defense. Sounds like it might be tough.

At this point, we have been given no evidence to believe we should be able to stop a Big Ten team considering we can't stop an FCS team. It goes both ways folks.

I'm not sitting on a soap box and saying that you're stupid if you're overreacting. I'm saying that there is no need to overreact to a score of a game against an opponent that SDSU could and would defeat.

The bolded is a lie. We couldn't stop an FCS for a quarter. Remember that SDSU had a field day and about 200 yards by the end of the first quarter. Cut that number in half and combine it with the rest of the yards we gave up outside the first quarter, and we allow 350 yards. Not a good number, but not necessarily a bad number either. It's not like their offense was just smashing it on our defense the entire game. Neither was UCLA's offense, neither was Wyoming's offense, and neither was Southern Miss's offense. It's all about removing that one bad quarter, that's a mentality issue. Fix that and watch out.

:facepalm: I can't even have a serious discussion with someone who fails to acknowledge how sad our defense has been for quite some time now. So okay, if we eliminate those one or two bad quarters then we will be AMAZING! BEST DEFENSE EVER! Of course, I thought those one or two quarters were part of a four quarter game we call football? Sure, my statement was a lie as I highlighted everything you said to then counter your own argument. Wyoming's offense didn't smash it on our defense the whole game? Looked to me like they were in it right to the end? 602 yards was it? Geez man, get real.

The bolded is a lie.

• Fire 3

South Dakota State had -32 rushing yards... Jesus....

OK, that looks really bad. I'm not a fan of comparing game to game because the transitive property doesn't hold for college football, but still.

Zenner having only 8 carries, while he had a whole lot more in a 59-20 loss to Nebraska, has me interested though. Maybe more to the story.

South Dakota State had -32 rushing yards... Jesus....

OK, that looks really bad. I'm not a fan of comparing game to game because the transitive property doesn't hold for college football, but still.

Zenner having only 8 carries, while he had a whole lot more in a 59-20 loss to Nebraska, has me interested though. Maybe more to the story.

I do agree with everything stated above

U

:facepalm: I can't even have a serious discussion with someone who fails to acknowledge how sad our defense has been for quite some time now. So okay, if we eliminate those one or two bad quarters then we will be AMAZING! BEST DEFENSE EVER! Of course, I thought those one or two quarters were part of a four quarter game we call football? Sure, my statement was a lie as I highlighted everything you said to then counter your own argument. Wyoming's offense didn't smash it on our defense the whole game? Looked to me like they were in it right to the end? 602 yards was it? Geez man, get real.

I'm going to agree with bye bye to an extent. You can't eliminate the bad quarter, but you also have to acknowledge that the d did settle down and play better in the last 3 q. If you can't see that than you aren't looking objectively at the game.

I realize comparing game to game isnt really accurrate

A lot has to do with matchups

But for fun: NDSU scored more against K-State than they did SDSU- so maybe SDSU's defense isnt as bad as many people had been whining about

K-State isnt an awful team, they played Texas to a close game, neck and neck.

TAs performance doesnt look too bad now- against SDSU

When you consider that the SDSU defense was on the field ALL DAY, because SDSUs offense couldnt do anything- it even looks more impressive

However- yep our defensive performance in the SDSU game looks pretty dumpster firish. NDSU totally shut SDSU down

I'm going to agree with bye bye to an extent. You can't eliminate the bad quarter, but you also have to acknowledge that the d did settle down and play better in the last 3 q. If you can't see that than you aren't looking objectively at the game.

Problem is, it wasn't just one bad quarter. Not sure where you two are getting your numbers from. Especially in the Wyoming game and UCLA game. It was more than one quarter in each of those. UCLA started having their way with us at the end of the second quarter and completely owned us the 3rd and fourth. Wyoming statistically and visually had our number for almost the entire four quarters. That's only discussing he two games this season out of only four we've played. We need not remind ourselves of the games last season.

Geez, we shouldn't even have to discuss how sad this defense has been. I thought it was a foregone conclusion. The entire world knows it, but apparently here at Huskerboard........