W vs. Illinois

W @ Purdue

W @ Minnesota

L vs. Northwestern

L @ Michigan

Toss up vs. Michigan State

L @ Penn State

W vs. Iowa

Win against MSU and we're 7-3 lose it's 6-4. We could easily lose to Iowa for gods sake. That would put us at 6-6. If you schedule 1 FCS school per year, then it counts toward bowl eligibility. If BO were to lose 4 games in a row (this happening is a big possibility,) do we fire him right then and there with the team sitting at 6-5? This is all based on the results we have seen thus far. I'm a little concerned whether or not Bo can fix the problems on defense. I want Bo and this team to succeed but I think barely winning against Wyoming, the yardage we gave up was a sign UCLA was about to crush us (and they did, 38 unanswered points says that much,) and SDSU running wild on our D. Beating USM doesn't say too much about our team either. We really haven't proven anything this year. I'm a realist, not a sunshine pumper. Either way, a winning or losing season would be a surprise to many of us.

Do WE fire him?

I am pretty sure that decision won't be made by fan vote.

The boosters will have their influence, but AD Eichorst and Dr. Tom will combine to have the last say on this.

T.O. mapped out the standards for keeping a coach when he dealt with the Callahan situation. If Bo can get to eight or nine wins, it's hard to imagine a move.

All this being said, there are eight games left. Let's hope that we can get to seven wins for sure... then grab a couple more wins, maybe surprise and pick up three wins and get to 10 wins again.

I am feeling bad now too, but I am not willing to just concede either. Every other team has flaws. Plus we are young on defense and could improve... And our O can be pretty freaking scary when it wants to be.

I predict I will cheer madly for the Huskers every game the rest of the season. We will win some games and lose some. I will make "heat of the moment" comments on here from time to time, but the outcome of the games won't appreciably effect my life in any manner. Even if we lose the rest of the games this year, I will still be a fan of Nebraska Football.

To not totally cop out on the topic, I am guessing we go 8 -4 or possibly 7 -5 as our young bucks learn the ropes and as our coaches continue to get coached during the games.

Go Big Red

• Fire 1

Do WE fire him?

The boosters will have their influence, but AD Eichorst and Dr. Tom will combine to have the last say on this.

T.O. mapped out the standards for keeping a coach when he dealt with the Callahan situation. If Bo can get to eight or nine wins, it's hard to imagine a move.

All this being said, there are eight games left. Let's hope that we can get to seven wins for sure... then grab a couple more wins, maybe surprise and pick up three wins and get to 10 wins again.

I am feeling bad now too, but I am not willing to just concede either. Every other team has flaws. Plus we are young on defense and could improve... And our O can be pretty freaking scary when it wants to be.

I think you've misunderstood the "We" part by that I mean the UNIVERSITY. :facepalm:

I predict I will cheer madly for the Huskers every game the rest of the season. We will win some games and lose some. I will make "heat of the moment" comments on here from time to time, but the outcome of the games won't appreciably effect my life in any manner. Even if we lose the rest of the games this year, I will still be a fan of Nebraska Football.

To not totally cop out on the topic, I am guessing we go 8 -4 or possibly 7 -5 as our young bucks learn the ropes and as our coaches continue to get coached during the games.

Go Big Red

That needs to end soon. OJT at NU that is.

Do WE fire him?

Tom won't have any say in it because he is no longer the athletic director. All we have is "hope" when did we ever have to use that word under Tom Osborne other than "I hope we beat OU this year and win the Big 8! Or... I HOPE we win the NC this year!" Now we're just hoping to get 7-8 more wins. We've fallen too far.

Do WE fire him?

Tom won't have any say in it because he is no longer the athletic director. All we have is "hope" when did we ever have to use that word under Tom Osborne other than "I hope we beat OU this year and win the Big 8! Or... I HOPE we win the NC this year!" Now we're just hoping to get 7-8 more wins. We've fallen too far.

Yeah, we fell all the way to 5-7 and not making a bowl game under the last coach and *now* is the time we conveniently forget about that to make a statement on where the program is. *Now* is the time we say we've fallen too far when we get 9-10 wins a year.

There needs to be a healthy understanding of where we've been to truly appreciate where we are now, and what the current coaching staff has done to the program. I think that we tend to treat those Callahan years as an aberration with no effect on our progress to where we are now. You're only kidding yourself when you do that.

Realist here!!! I said we would have problems last year before the year started. Very close to spot on my prediction, but the kids and some very good luck, did turn some losses around. This year I really have no idea of what we are or where we are headed. I do not know how good Wyoming or UCLA are. We will find out down the road on those two. We have been stating how good the offense was against SDSU. Not sure that is soundly based yet.

I hope Bo figures this out, but there seems to be more this year than there was last year or the year before. It seems to be getting worse, on knowing who this team is, what Nebraska is.

I see us possibly losing to Illinois, Iowa, Michigan State, Northwestern, Penn State and Michigan. It just depends if these kids are capable of picking up the system or if they truly have enough talent to do it. It also depends on the coaching staff, putting them in situations they can handle and prosper from. We have not been doing that lately, it actually reminds me of the Clownahan first year, We will do it this way even if we lose.

I do not want a coaching change, but if we get curb stomped by any of the above, I really do not see this staff surviving, because I feel Bo is the DC and firing Pap, would require him to bring in a qualified DC. That might end up being confrontational. I do not see Bo letting his defensive genius calling card going away.

Do WE fire him?

Yeah, we fell all the way to 5-7 and not making a bowl game under the last coach and *now* is the time we conveniently forget about that to make a statement on where the program is. *Now* is the time we say we've fallen too far when we get 9-10 wins a year.

There needs to be a healthy understanding of where we've been to truly appreciate where we are now, and what the current coaching staff has done to the program. I think that we tend to treat those Callahan years as an aberration with no effect on our progress to where we are now. You're only kidding yourself when you do that.

It doesn't say much for Pelini to win 9-10 wins a year against soft schedules and 08, 09, 10 all being done with mostly Callahan leftovers. Now with his own players, we've seen more memorable blowout losses than I can remember under Bill Callahan.

Seen this movie before. Like last year when all the "realists" said we were going to go 7-5 after the Ohio State game or Georgia was going to hang 70 and 800 yards of offense on us. Yet that didn't happen, the team actually exceeded the "realists" expectations and they all still bi*ched.

We needed game winning td drives vs. Northwestern, Mich State, D-Rob injury against Michigan and a bad TD call in our favor to beat PSU. We got lucky, LUCKY last year. The B1G title game was no fluke neither was the loss to Ohio State and Georgia which was worse than the score indicates the UCLA game last year was also worse than the score indicated and now here we are 3-1, almost lost to Wyoming, beat a USM squad winless in their last 16 games, got blown out by UCLA, were down 17-14 TO AN FCS SCHOOL @ Home and gave up too many rushing yards to their RB. I want the team to win as much as anyone but the writing is on the wall here. We're A LOT worse off than we were this same time last year.

Do WE fire him?

Actually the ones kidding themselves are the ones still blaming Callahan for Pelini being inept 6 years later when it's actually Callahan that was the reason Pelini had any success at all with the quality of players left to Bo. Comparing our 5-7 seasons schedule to any of the cake walks Pelini has had is completely laughable, they aren't even in the same stratosphere.

I find it hilarious that it's Callahans 2007 fault and not Solichs 2002, where was all this empathy for Callahan when he had to deal with that dismantling of a dynasty and turned around recruiting fairly fast. Where we are now is because of schedule and watching other teams like Bama, A&M, FSU and even OSU/WV reminds me just how far we have fallen on both sides of the ball, I kept thinking I was watching Pro ball all day yesterday with the speed and athleticism across the board, even Ole Miss who got dismantled had a defense that looked light years ahead of ours

• Fire 3

Do WE fire him?

Actually the ones kidding themselves are the ones still blaming Callahan for Pelini being inept 6 years later when it's actually Callahan that was the reason Pelini had any success at all with the quality of players left to Bo. Comparing our 5-7 seasons schedule to any of the cake walks Pelini has had is completely laughable, they aren't even in the same stratosphere.

I find it hilarious that it's Callahans 2007 fault and not Solichs 2002, where was all this empathy for Callahan when he had to deal with that dismantling of a dynasty and turned around recruiting fairly fast. Where we are now is because of schedule and watching other teams like Bama, A&M, FSU and even OSU/WV reminds me just how far we have fallen on both sides of the ball, I kept thinking I was watching Pro ball all day yesterday with the speed and athleticism across the board, even Ole Miss who got dismantled had a defense that looked light years ahead of ours

I never said anything about how what Solich left Callahan effected Callahan's time here at Nebraska. But since we're going down that road...

Callahan didn't do anything to turn around what Solich left him. Solich went 10-3 the year before Callahan was hired here. Callahan's first year, we go 5-6. Five and freakin' six! Then 8-4, then 9-3, then 5-7. Callahan only managed to achieve the mark Pelini has hit five just one time. But now is the time we proclaim that we have fallen too far. It's absurd.

It's ridiculous to attribute all the failings of the current coaching staff with the problems left by the previous coaching staff. It's year 6, and we've been turned around as a program. Not to where we want to be but at least a good ways back from where we once were. But proclaiming now, in this moment, without respect to where we once were as a program, that we have fallen too far is short sighted and just flat out wrong.