I am f***ing tired of Bo Pelini & Tim Beck d**king around

http://sports.omaha.com/2013/10/01/practice-report-oct-1-martinez-still-out-beck-still-mulling-options/#.Ukt8zcHn_IU

The part in this article where Tim Beck says he may use both Armstrong & Kellogg against Illinois if Martinez is out is what got me. I am tired of this bulls%^$. Yeah, I understand using them both against South Dakota State, even though I didn't really like how early we took Armstrong out when he had the offense rolling his first two drives. That said, conference play is starting. This is not a freaking joke. If Taylor Martinez is not going to start, then either declare Tommy Armstrong the starter or declare Ron Kellogg the starter. I really don't care which. If we f*&^ing d&^k around against Illinois, we will f*&^ing lose.

• Fire 1

I had some big reservations about juggling 2 QBs around, but Kellogg more than impressed me. This coming from a guy who's been raving about TA and excited about what he can bring since his recruitment.

I'm a little stunned at what we appear to have in a walk-on pocket passer. Those guys don't grow on trees, but Ronnie ran a smooth offense out there and throws a pretty ball.

As for what Tim Beck said, why really tip your hand to the opponent when you don't have to? Let 'em worry about both.

• Fire 4

Whoa, Nelly!

It was one game, and there wasn't really any negatives about it, and you're tired of it already?

Angry Husker indeed.

We are not going to beat any good teams in conference play if we are switching QBs every 2 series, yes that will work against South Dakota State. Illinois is going to be a hell of a lot better than South Dakota State. This kind of stuff is a trend with Bo Pelini & Tim Beck, which is why reading that p&^sed me off so much. Quite frankly, I'm sick & tired of both of them. Bo Pelini, the man who would start Austin Cassidy over Ed Reed & Tim Beck, the man who can't go a single game (not counting Southern Miss, FCS opponents, or Minnesota) without outsmarting himself

Switching QBs around is a trend with Bo Pelini and Tim Beck?

I think it can work, and that's a credit to how good RK3 is. Hell, Tommy's the future and I love the guy but I even think Kellogg might be the now if Taylor is out. Given what we have, switching those guys out seems like the best move. I'm much more concerned with the depth chart management on the defensive side of the ball, from what I've been reading.

Switching QBs around is a trend with Bo Pelini and Tim Beck?

I think it can work, and that's a credit to how good RK3 is. Hell, Tommy's the future and I love the guy but I even think Kellogg might be the now if Taylor is out. Given what we have, switching those guys out seems like the best move. I'm much more concerned with the depth chart management on the defensive side of the ball, from what I've been reading.

Well like I said, if RK3 is the man, then freaking start him. I am all for that. But then lets not f*&king pull him if he leads us to 2 straight touchdowns in the first quarter.

I completely disagree that switching them out is the best move. It worked against South Dakota State because its South Dakota State, they are an FCS team, they do not have the talent to compete with us for four quarters. We could've starter Ryker Fyfe or Tyson Broekemeier & won. I really don't see that s&^% working in conference play, except maybe against Purdue & Minnesota. My point is, by this upcoming Saturday, I feel like the coaches need to commit to a quarterback for the Illinois game, whether it be Martinez, Armstrong or Kellogg, & stick with him until on the field play shows that a change needs to be made. Of course, knowing how Pelini & Beck operate, the only way we will stick with a quarterback is if we start Martinez, & he will not be pulled even if we are down 0-35 in the fourth quarter.

If it doesn't disrupt the rhythm and it stresses the defense by continually giving them new things to defend, I like the idea.

NW has a blueprint for how this works.

I think this works better with Tommy starting and RK coming off the bench. Takes some of the pressure off of him and lets him get some sideline coaching while he's out to prepare for the next series.

Pretty sure it was a planned thing to let them both get some time early on. Considering neither has seen much real game time and it was a weak opponent, I don't have any issue with it. Assuming that is what's going to happen against Illinois is quite a stretch.

I think what you should do is take a vallium, or 20, and wait to see how the Illinois game plays out.

Also, pretty sure this applies to you...

Have-you-ever-been-so-angry-demotivators16.jpg

Whoa, Nelly!

It was one game, and there wasn't really any negatives about it, and you're tired of it already?

Angry Husker indeed.

We are not going to beat any good teams in conference play if we are switching QBs every 2 series, yes that will work against South Dakota State. Illinois is going to be a hell of a lot better than South Dakota State. This kind of stuff is a trend with Bo Pelini & Tim Beck, which is why reading that p&^sed me off so much. Quite frankly, I'm sick & tired of both of them. Bo Pelini, the man who would start Austin Cassidy over Ed Reed & Tim Beck, the man who can't go a single game (not counting Southern Miss, FCS opponents, or Minnesota) without outsmarting himself

so-mad-i-could.gif

• Fire 1

I thought they both did great and don't have a problem with either of them playing. I just think every time RKIII has seen the field he has improved and he probably knows more of the playbook. He ran a perfect two minute drive right before the half of the SDSU game which Tommy might not have been able to. Tommy is an explosive guy and he will be a great player but, you hate to just throw him to the wolves right away. Obviously if one of them is struggling and one of them is on fire then just stick with one but, if they are both playing at a high level then let them both play.