Impressive Day Offensively

Great game by he Husker offense. A lot of different players involved and some very impressive overall and individual numbers put up yesterday. As one of those people questioning the direction if the offense, I loved watching us run the ball as much as we did and I also liked the way we did it. The offensive line deserves a lot of credit for this game.

First downs - 24

Third Down Conversions - 6-12

Total yards -521

Yards per pass -9.3

Rushes-50

Average yards per rush -6.7

Tommy Armstrong. 8/13. 135 yards 10.4 Average. 2 TD

Abdullah 20 carries 225 yards. 11.3 average! 2 TD

Imani Cross. 15 carries 76 yards. 5.1 average 1 TD

Enunwa. 4 catches. 80 yards 20 ypc! 1 TD

Bell. 4 catches 65 yards 16.3 ypc 1 TD plus one of the more spectacular catches I've ever seen made by a Husker WR.

Record day for Abdullah, fantastic catches made. Lots of scoring with multiple players involved. The timing of the offense once again looked great. Looked like we found a good rhythm out there except for a few questionable play calls. Very impressive day, especially up front.

this offense is capable of putting some huge numbers on the board, we've known that since last season. finally have someone under center than utilize those around him, and not put the offense in the hole w/ turnovers.

Through the first 3 games Martinez was much improved in protecting the football. Armstrong has put the ball on the ground more than once, and if not for Bell's incredible effort on that TD catch that pass was going to be intercepted. I think Armstrong is going to be fantastic, and I think he could lead us to the B1G Championship if he had too, but Martinez is still the best option for us.

Again, Armstrong has been great, but 140 yds passing, and 18 rushing doesn't stir up a QB controversy for me....

Again, Armstrong has been great, but 140 yds passing, and 18 rushing doesn't stir up a QB controversy for me....

I think that's by design. Obviously he'd have better numbers if Kellogg wasn't taking about half the snaps. The coaches are actively trying to prevent a controversy.

Kellogg only had 2 drives (maybe 3) yesterday right? Martinez deserves a chance to respond to what Armstrong has done in his absence. If he doesn't respond correctly, then I'm all for Armstrong being the guy moving forward....

I think that's by design. Obviously he'd have better numbers if Kellogg wasn't taking about half the snaps. The coaches are actively trying to prevent a controversy.

Agreed. Tommie Frazier never put up huge stats, but he made the plays when it counts. Armstrong's job is to get the ball to play makers in the right spots. TA made great pitches to Ameer on the option which allowed him to pick up big chunks of yardage. I am a big Martinez fan, and he has put up huge numbers, but you can't compare the stats of the 2 QB's.

Through the first 3 games Martinez was much improved in protecting the football.

His two turnovers in the Wyoming game kept us from extending a lead.

The defense wasn't helping him any....

No doubt about that.....didn't expect it to. Expected a fourth year starter to stop being a turnover machine.

• Fire 1