Things that make you go hmmm...

I'm wondering how the face to face hit on Martinez was not called in the 3rd quarter (I think). Not sure how you can really miss that one….

Or the five-yards-out-of-bounds tackle on Martinez. How could that not be called? I don't care if the tackle did start slightly in bounds. You can't stick with a tackle that far OB.

Exactly. The same thing happened when we played against Illinois. I can't believe the inconsistency with some calls.

Might have the best stable of RB's in years, but still enamored with throwing the ball

Nobody can seem to make a tackle during initial contact

When the Defense gets in trouble, Beck's brains fall out of his ass

Two great mysteries that are yet to be solved, how many licks doesn't take to get to the center of a tootsie pop and why can't our D stop the run

Might have the best stable of RB's in years, but still enamored with throwing the ball

Nobody can seem to make a tackle during initial contact

When the Defense gets in trouble, Beck's brains fall out of his ass

Two great mysteries that are yet to be solved, how many licks doesn't take to get to the center of a tootsie pop and why can't our D stop the run

Yeah the RB thing has me thinking. Abdullah is having a great year. He just gets better and better as the game goes along yet we deviate from feeding him the ball when hes popping off 8-10 yard runs... I get the whole wanting to take your shots but you really have to pick them instead of forcing them which is what it seems like Beck does sometimes w/ play calls and I'm sure he would be the first to admit that.

2. We are not recruiting top of the line players.

We are recruiting top of the line players, we just aren't getting them here. We currently have 6 offers to 5-star recruits and only 1 of them is committed to another team (Virgina). 3 of them are DL guys. We have over 100 offers to 4-star rated players, however only 40 of them have not committed to a team yet and 3 of them are committed to the Huskers.

You look back and you will see, we have tried to recruit some of the best high school athletes in the country, but we can never seal the deal. Our last good shot at 5-star recruit was Andrus Peat, but he chose Stanford.

Sticking with Martinez through thick and thick and thick.

Declaring he won't play said QB until he is 100% only to find out he really meant 61%.

Where is Jamal Turner?

John Papuchis????

Jamal is and has been injured. So much so in the last 2 games he didn't finish the game in pads.

He's been injured the entire season? Was he hurt all of last year too?

It is obvious that our offense has been more consistent with TA/RKIII rather than TMart since the begging of the year. Yes, TMart has been great for us in the past and led us to many comeback victories, but that was last years team. This year I have been impressed with what our offense can do with TA/RKIII.

The running game being abandoned especially after Martinez was showing signs that he was not healthy is not only mind boggling but also inexcusable. Beck, even though I think he has a good mind for the game, can get really stupid at times, and it seems to reflect through his QB's deer in the headlights look. I do feel bad for T-Mart but it is time to move on. We would be setting him up for more failure and permanent damage from his injuries if we continue to play him. Not making necessary changes on defense is also crazy until the 7th game of the season. They kept beating a dead horse and it took a loss to a bad team for them to realize it isn't working.