Hillary

Interesting tactic leading into 2016.

Hillary running....away from Obama

President Barack Obama's approval rating hit a new low this week as fallout from the disastrous health care rollout mounted.

The plummeting job rating could limit the president's ability to get much done the last three years of his term. But it has even bigger ramifications for the most prominent Democrat who hopes to succeed him in 2016: Hillary Clinton.

Clinton is clearly aware of this problem and taking early steps to run not as Obama's successor but as his antidote, a pragmatic, business friendly moderate who will ease the constant partisan strife in Washington and focus all her energy on creating jobs and growing the economy.

The signs of her early efforts to move away from Obama are subtle but unmistakable. As Philip Rucker noted in The Washington Post this week, Clinton's recent speeches, along with those of her husband, former President Bill Clinton, tend to roast everyone in Washington for creating a climate corrosive to economic expansion.

I would vote for Hillary just for the opportunity to have Bill Clinton back in the White House with absolutely no responsibilities whatsoever. Think of the sheer entertainment value of that situation. :lol:

I'd put the odds at about 55% that she is nominated and wins. I'm not sure how I feel about that yet.

I'm more interested to see who is nominated as the GOP candidate. The times they are a changin'.

That's it in a "nut" shell :D

What do you think? Does the establishment candidate win the nomination again? Or does a Tea Party-ish challenger like Ted Cruz get the nod? And what do you think will happen if the establishment candidate does win?

I predict that an establishment candidate wins the nomination but only after they pander to the wills of the tea party faction

See: McCain, John and Romney, Mitt

Which will of course lose them the general election again. Lol GOP

• Fire 1

John McCain is currently 77 years old. I believe tschu was only using him and Mitt Romney as examples of the establishment candidate winning the R nomination. Thank goodness; both were (I thought anyway) pretty solid candidates, Sarah Palin being on the ticket notwithstanding. Hopefully a guy like Cruz won't get it. I'm pulling for Rubio. Wouldn't mind Clinton.

Was that a fiasco?...I only know (I think) that they tried to make it work, it was a bipartisan effort, and it didn't go through. Seems to me like he should get a lot credit from anyone for the work he did to that end, but the GOP base works in funny ways...

Was that a fiasco?...I only know (I think) that they tried to make it work, it was a bipartisan effort, and it didn't go through.

Do I think that it was a fiasco? No. I think that it was a genuine attempt to work towards an important goal. You shouldn't have to look too far to see how the GOP base feels about a bipartisan effort on this issue. The fiasco wasn't the proposal itself . . . it was how greatly he underestimated the anger of his base.

Seems to me like he should get a lot credit from anyone for the work he did to that end, but the GOP base works in funny ways...

He should! Instead, the bagger crazies are forcing him to run away from his own proposal.