Stewart Mandel: Prepare for a Blowout

Ric Flair

Not impressed. Lots of folks gonna owe Nebraska apologies after today. After reviewing Michigan St pretty extensively, they may very well win, but this "Nebraska doesnt have a chance, Michigan St is a world-beater" perception is mind boggling. Michigan St is no more impressive than Nebraska right now. What? We squeeked out a win in Ann Arbor with our 2nd string offense, so now Michigan is not good, but just a week prior that accomplishment was grounds for propping Michigan St to near-invisible status? This is funny. We can play this game all day. Look at what each team did to Purdue. And Michigan St aint played Minnesota yet either. All a sudden, that's not so bad of a loss after all.

Bottom line is this. Nebraska may very well lose today. But it will be a battle. The notion that we dont have a chance, and, as some are saying that it will be a blowout, is complete garbage. Desmond Howard is a douchebag. That is all.

Not impressed. Lots of folks gonna owe Nebraska apologies after today. After reviewing Michigan St pretty extensively, they may very well win, but this "Nebraska doesnt have a chance, Michigan St is a world-beater" perception is mind boggling. Michigan St is no more impressive than Nebraska right now. What? We squeeked out a win in Ann Arbor with our 2nd string offense, so now Michigan is not good, but just a week prior that accomplishment was grounds for propping Michigan St to near-invisible status? This is funny. We can play this game all day. Look at what each team did to Purdue. And Michigan St aint played Minnesota yet either. All a sudden, that's not so bad of a loss after all.

Bottom line is this. Nebraska may very well lose today. But it will be a battle. The notion that we dont have a chance, and, as some are saying that it will be a blowout, is complete garbage. Desmond Howard is a douchebag. That is all.

This X 100000

They won't apologize. These talking head dumbf@&ks have a new sweetheart every week. Except of course, the SEC is their permanent valentine. These guys will proclaim MSU as king until they are knocked off their throne. Then, they will proclaim MsU was no real king at all.

When Nebraska does well, we beg for recognition. So when MSU is doing well, give em credit. If/when we beat them, we deserve the same credit.

It's funny to me, the same fans that want so badly to be recognized as an elite team have done nothing but run MSU into the grou d all week. " we have this in the bag" , that " MSU defense is overrated", " why are we worried about this team, they've never beat us". Well folks, you may get your wish. After we beat these guys, that may be all you hear is how overrated this MSU team was. It's baffling to me, but I guess I analyze things a bit differently.

• Fire 1

They won't apologize. These talking head dumbf@&ks have a new sweetheart every week. Except of course, the SEC is their permanent valentine. These guys will proclaim MSU as king until they are knocked off their throne. Then, they will proclaim MsU was no real king at all.

When Nebraska does well, we beg for recognition. So when MSU is doing well, give em credit. If/when we beat them, we deserve the same credit.

It's funny to me, the same fans that want so badly to be recognized as an elite team have done nothing but run MSU into the grou d all week. " we have this in the bag" , that " MSU defense is overrated", " why are we worried about this team, they've never beat us". Well folks, you may get your wish. After we beat these guys, that may be all you hear is how overrated this MSU team was. It's baffling to me, but I guess I analyze things a bit differently.

Actually, Mandel has been talking about the SEC being overrated this season.

Couldn't agree more

• Fire 1

When I said "these", "talking head dumbf@&ks" I thought it was pretty clear I meant more than one. While yes, Mandel belongs in that category, he VERY OBVIOUSLY doesn't represent the majority of these talking head dumbf@&ks, which are VERY OBVIOUSLY SEC biased.

I'm well aware of what you wrote. You had some thoughts on the general media in a thread about a particular media member. I was pointing out that your comments weren't particularly relevant to the discussion about Mandel since he actually agrees with you. Was there a point to your comment about Mandel's prediction that I'm missing?

Nope, after four comments about it, I think you've finally realized my comment wasn't about Mandel, but as a general media perception. Thank you so much though for policing me on my comment since it was only halfway relevant to the TOPIC TITLE. God knows nobody in Huskerboard has ever even remotely drifted from sticking to the original Topic Title.

I have no idea what is going on right now. When he said talking heads, I took it as ESPN guys (considering two posts above someone said DH is a douche), not Mandel. He didn't even mention Mandel's name in the entire post.

I don't get it either honestly. I have an explanation, but I get banned when I say what I think of some people. So I am being nice.