QB Garret Green

Player: Garret Green

Hometown: Sherman Oaks, CA

Position: QB

Height: 6’1.5”

Weight: 188

40 time: 4.48

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Harvard, Mississippi, Kansas State, San Diego State, Texas A&M, Nebraska

Favorites: Signed with USC

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: #7/ :star:star:star

Bid Red Report: #22/ :star:star:star

Assessing the talent: Played in a similar system as QB Greg McElroy, that includes lots of shotgun passing and draws. But he certainly saw plenty of time directly under center. He has a very nice, fluid motion. His technique is quite sound as far as his throwing motion goes. He is a very accurate passer, with his arm strength being questionable. One thing he can bring to the table is an ability to run. He ran some option and quite a few draws. He had over 850 yards on the ground his final two years and over a 1,400 yards passing also.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 10% Huskers need to make contact and get a visit. Bill Busch is recruiting him.

if Harvard is requiting him then he has to have the smarts, UCLA i can understand, but Mississippi????????

Ed Orgeron from USC is the second year head coach, maybe he is trying to implement some components from their offense. According to an article I just found, Ole Miss is close to hiring a new Offensive Coordinator from Fresno St. that will implement the West Coast Offense.

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll.../512300340/1109

if Harvard is requiting him then he has to have the smarts, UCLA i can understand, but Mississippi????????

Ed Orgeron from USC is the second year head coach, maybe he is trying to implement some components from their offense. According to an article I just found, Ole Miss is close to hiring a new Offensive Coordinator from Fresno St. that will implement the West Coast Offense.

sorry, what i was questioning was why mississippi for academic reasons.

Well, if you've seen the co-eds at Ole' Miss, you'd understand how smart this kid really is for considering the Rebels!

:thumbs

Well, if you've seen the co-eds at Ole' Miss, you'd understand how smart this kid really is for considering the Rebels!

:thumbs

Southern Bells perhaps? :thumbs

fyi--it's Garrett with 2 "t's"

Lead his team to a state championship at 14-0. Passed for 1850 yards and 15 tds. Ran for 900 yards and 9 tds.

Sorry those were his junior stats.

As a senior his team lost in the finals and went 13-1. Green was 35-2 as a starter for 3 years. As a senior he passed for 1527 yards and 14 tds and ran for 945 yards and 8 tds.

As a junior he was a Mr. Football State Player of the Year Finalist making the final 15. Others that made the finals were Marlon Lucky, Mark Sanchez and the winner Desean Jackson.