what we learned MSU edition

hskerprid

My List:

1) Ameer Abdullah is very good at football. Very very very good.

2) Randy Gregory is also very good at football.

3) I have no worries about the defense going forward. None. Next year is going to be a fun year.

4) I am ready to watch Johnny Stanton control a game with power running. Tommy likes to fumble.

5) Beck may be gone, and Paps is gonna leave on his own.

6) The referees were beyond awful. Beyond the line of scrimmage? lol okay. Fake fg? Oh, holder's knee was down. You can't toss the ball when your knee is down.

7) Bo Pelini deserves many more years as the Nebraska football coach. The empty seats are a concern. Coordinating needs improvements.

8) Michigan State's defense isn't good.

Am I missing anything?

This is a really good post. The defense has come along very well. Our offense has issues and it's more than just injuries. We could have ran the ball very well on this Michigan State team. The first team who sticks to the ground game will beat Michigan State.....it might be Minnesota. We passed way too much on 2nd down today.

Systemic issues don't disappear in two weeks. They're systemic. Everything we saw is typical, ordinary, run-o'-the-mill Nebraska football. And the season isn't over. Young team, nothing real to play for; rough waters ahead.

This is the gloomiest, most pessimistic, unreasonable view of this game that anyone could come away with.

yet quite accurate...

Systemic issues don't disappear in two weeks. They're systemic. Everything we saw is typical, ordinary, run-o'-the-mill Nebraska football. And the season isn't over. Young team, nothing real to play for; rough waters ahead.

This is the gloomiest, most pessimistic, unreasonable view of this game that anyone could come away with.

Okay.

It was said all week that the keys to winning against the Spartans would be winning the turnover battle (failed), special teams (failed) and finding a way to run the ball against the Spartans with a banged up offensive line (Good, but didn't utilize it as much).

If you are putting this games miscues on the coaching staff, you have NO idea what the hell your talking about. These players need to hold each other accountable for their actions.

I thought this was a fair point . . . 4 years ago.

This is a whole new set of players.

This this and more this. I sometimes wonder if certain posters have actually followed Nebraska football for the past 6 years...

Okay.

Totally agree, sadly. The sad part is that we have some serious gamers on this team, AA and RG44 will be big time players on sundays.

If you are putting this games miscues on the coaching staff, you have NO idea what the hell your talking about. These players need to hold each other accountable for their actions.

This this and more this. I sometimes wonder if certain posters have actually followed Nebraska football for the past 6 years...

And I wonder why people follow Husker football when they do nothing but bitch about the team.

And I wonder why people follow Husker football when they do nothing but bitch about the team.

Okay you're right...since you've obviously followed every post I've ever made...I'll just become a "yes-fan" and fall in line...we didn't execute...we're doing an excellent job in all areas...it's called ACCOUNTABILITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if some people have followed Nebraska for the last 30 years as I have.

Yeah, because we are the only fan base to ever criticize their team. :sarcasm

I wonder if some people have followed Nebraska for the last 30 years as I have.

Seeing how I'm only 32 that would have been tough to do but I know my dad was following back then. I remember as far back as 91 when I was about 10...Not sure what this has to do with anything though because I haven't seen a Nebraska team this turnover prone ever....though Solich's teams were close...