Not a Bad Loss

Glendower

The fact that Nebraska was even in the game in the second half shows that MSU is not that great of a team. With all the gifts they were given (They only forced 2 of the 5 TOs and that INT by TA was thrown right to the DB as well, but I'll say they forced that one) in our territory and to have it a 1 score game int he 4th quarter is a joke. That last TD only scored because the D was on the field for 39 minutes! They were gassed!

That vaunted defense wasn't very impressive to me, Nebraska ran at will when they could hold onto the football. And the D was helped by hardly ever being on the field.

OSU wipes the field with these chumps.

Completely agree, MSU will get trounced in the CCG.

I don't know about anyone else, yeah, I would have appreciated a win, but if there needs to be a loss, that was not a horrible way to do it. NU didn't look helpless, there were some mistakes, but all-in-all, the D looked surprisingly good and the offense put a lot of points on a great defense.

I am not a sunshine pumper, this was actually a bit of a heart-breaking loss because, for the first time in a while, there was a visible path to victory. I think earlier this season (probably after UCLA) [i said] how much I hated the losses that were the result of TOTAL domination, where it wasn't possible to see those one or two tweaks that could have resulted in a win. For the first time in a while following a loss [i could see the "if onlys"]; I think that this actually DOES bode well for the future, or, at least, it bodes less badly.

I donno... anyone else feel like this? I guess I said a couple weeks ago that I wrote this season off in my mind and see it more as a building season. Let the young players get some experience in big games, take what we can get. That might have re-framed my perception of a loss.

I don't know about anyone else, yeah, I would have appreciated a win, but if there needs to be a loss, that was not a horrible way to do it. NU didn't look helpless, there were some mistakes, but all-in-all, the D looked surprisingly good and the offense put a lot of points on a great defense.

I am not a sunshine pumper, this was actually a bit of a heart-breaking loss because, for the first time in a while, there was a visible path to victory. I think earlier this season (probably after UCLA) [i said] how much I hated the losses that were the result of TOTAL domination, where it wasn't possible to see those one or two tweaks that could have resulted in a win. For the first time in a while following a loss [i could see the "if onlys"]; I think that this actually DOES bode well for the future, or, at least, it bodes less badly.

I donno... anyone else feel like this? I guess I said a couple weeks ago that I wrote this season off in my mind and see it more as a building season. Let the young players get some experience in big games, take what we can get. That might have re-framed my perception of a loss.

Gimmie a break -year 6 of the Pelini experiment is not working. What blew me away was the defense not following the ball througth the entire play - looked like a Cosgrove team where people didn't care - just didnt care or didn't believe. We give this Coach another year to provide us with a team that really does not want to be Huskers? let's just buy the Wyoming program and set them up in Lincoln -they have been able to recruit QB's who do not put the ball on the turf what - 6 times.........building our own team is not successful and has cost too much. I love the Huskers - but we have no class, no moxy, no pride. The coaching staff has failed to build , hell just maintain, the NU mindset.

Do you think our kidshave been. Give in to

Well. I just see MSU as having not really played anyone yet and they are really over-rated. They are, at best, a fringe top 20 team. UCLA would roast them. OSU will kill them.

So... my take on why NU did not look really bad is that MSU was rather average out there. Actually, MSU was perhaps less than average... consider they were +5 in turnovers and yet they did not romp all over NU (solid win, sure... but +5 you should have a laugher of a blowout).

Gimmie a break -year 6 of the Pelini experiment is not working. What blew me away was the defense not following the ball througth the entire play - looked like a Cosgrove team where people didn't care - just didnt care or didn't believe. We give this Coach another year to provide us with a team that really does not want to be Huskers? let's just buy the Wyoming program and set them up in Lincoln -they have been able to recruit QB's who do not put the ball on the turf what - 6 times.........building our own team is not successful and has cost too much. I love the Huskers - but we have no class, no moxy, no pride. The coaching staff has failed to build , hell just maintain, the NU mindset.

Do you think our kidshave been. Give in to

Give me a break. you failed as poster. all you wanted was a loss so you could get but hurt about losing. I have no pride in your mind set. pathetic

• Fire 2

Yeah, great loss. What the hell has happened to our program? It's easy to take because you all are used to it and accept mediocrity.

It's a team game and the team gave up 41 points. That's horrible! Now Nebraska is not even going to be in the "Others receiving votes" category. This is a poorly coached team that is not conditioned well and is sorely lacking in depth and talent.

Today's performance was unacceptable. Quit making excuses and look at the big picture. This program is not in good hands.

Losses should sting and they should hurt. They should stay with you throughout the week. Indifference, apathy and back-patting are not traits of a winning football program. I can't believe the drivel I am reading. Nebraska football stands for greatness. A lucky pass over Northwestern and a win eeked out against a horrid Michigan team is not greatness. Nebraska should be dominating this conference and in the top 10-15 every year. I am disgusted at the fans who continue to accept this crap and at the administration who continue to support it. Awful!

• Fire 6

Our offense:

Had 3 starting offensive linemen out for the game, including our All-American guard.

Had its 4 year starter quarterback out for the game, and had to rely on a freshman quarterback who doesn't have the healthiest knee.

Was going up against:

A defense which hadn't allowed a 100 yard rusher all season.

A defense which held Michigan to -48 yards rushing.

What we accomplished today--180 yards rushing, 21 points was impressive. Meanwhile, our defense was put out on the field in bad situations and kept us in the game until the very end. That defense is incredibly young, and will be exciting to see next season.

The future is bright.

Yeah, great loss. What the hell has happened to our program? It's easy to take because you all are used to it and accept mediocrity.

It's a team game and the team gave up 41 points. That's horrible! Now Nebraska is not even going to be in the "Others receiving votes" category. This is a poorly coached team that is not conditioned well and is sorely lacking in depth and talent.

Today's performance was unacceptable. Quit making excuses and look at the big picture. This program is not in good hands.

Losses should sting and they should hurt. They should stay with you throughout the week. Indifference, apathy and back-patting are not traits of a winning football program. I can't believe the drivel I am reading. Nebraska football stands for greatness. A lucky pass over Northwestern and a win eeked out against a horrid Michigan team is not greatness. Nebraska should be dominating this conference and in the top 10-15 every year. I am disgusted at the fans who continue to accept this crap and at the administration who continue to support it. Awful!

Chill pill Red Stripe. Its just a game.

True... the program has been struggling for a decade or so now. But beating a dead horse is not that valuable either. Again... a few good things were out there... Burch, AA, Cross, SJB, RG, among others. Lets see some of the positives too. The defense, overall, played pretty well... now MSU is not good offensively... but still, NU'd D was not bad at all.

And again... enjoy NU football.. it is for entertainment purposes and does not define who we are. Even if NU is not that good, there are still things to be pleased about.

I'm pretty sure I am looking at the big picture; you're the one who is myopically focused on this one game and failing to acknowledge growth over the course of this season. The team that lost to UCLA would have been shut out in this game, but there has been progress. I have not been enthusiastic about the future *at all* this season until this game.

I honestly don't know what you think I'm "supporting" by seeing progress. There is this false dichotomy that a lot of people invoke of "support/not support" that doesn't reflect reality in any way or even address the content of the conversation that's taking place. As a response to "I see positive signs of growth and progress here," "How can you support this?" doesn't even make sense. It's a total non-sequitur.

I have written this season off as a chance for younger players to get opportunities to gain experience, and it's successful in that regard. I don't think that anyone had a realistic expectation of winning out at this point (yeah, a win here would have been nice and not all that surprising), so it's okay to find positive when they are realistically there. You can go ahead and keep insulting people if that makes you feel better, but firing the coaching staff isn't going to get anything back to "greatness" any time soon. Let's see what happens as the season winds down.