Not a Bad Loss

Glendower

I don't know about anyone else, yeah, I would have appreciated a win, but if there needs to be a loss, that was not a horrible way to do it. NU didn't look helpless, there were some mistakes, but all-in-all, the D looked surprisingly good and the offense put a lot of points on a great defense.

I am not a sunshine pumper, this was actually a bit of a heart-breaking loss because, for the first time in a while, there was a visible path to victory. I think earlier this season (probably after UCLA) [i said] how much I hated the losses that were the result of TOTAL domination, where it wasn't possible to see those one or two tweaks that could have resulted in a win. For the first time in a while following a loss [i could see the "if onlys"]; I think that this actually DOES bode well for the future, or, at least, it bodes less badly.

I donno... anyone else feel like this? I guess I said a couple weeks ago that I wrote this season off in my mind and see it more as a building season. Let the young players get some experience in big games, take what we can get. That might have re-framed my perception of a loss.

• Fire 4

We are beat to sh#t. Our team is young and absolutely beat to hell. To turn the ball over 5 times and still have an opportunity to win that game says something about the team. In the words of Rachel in Batman Begins. "Look past your own pain Bruce(Husker fans)" Look at Florida. Look at Georgia. We are in a bad situation and we still compete. Stop bitchin and look at what this team could eventually ben

I don't know about anyone else, yeah, I would have appreciated a win, but if there needs to be a loss, that was not a horrible way to do it. NU didn't look helpless, there were some mistakes, but all-in-all, the D looked surprisingly good and the offense put a lot of points on a great defense.

I am not a sunshine pumper, this was actually a bit of a heart-breaking loss because, for the first time in a while, there was a visible path to victory. I think earlier this season (probably after UCLA) how much I hated the losses that were the result of TOTAL domination, where it wasn't possible to see those one or two tweaks that could have resulted in a win. For the first time in a while following a loss, I think that this actually DOES bode well for the future, or, at least, it bodes less badly.

I donno... anyone else feel like this? I guess I said a couple weeks ago that I wrote this season off in my mind and see it more as a building season. Let the young players get some experience in big games, take what we can get. That might have re-framed my perception of a loss.

+1

Little stuff here and there is what makes this game frustrating, and Bo Pelini coached teams frustrating overall. The defense has shown improvement, but now the team has to finish the year. They won't reach their goals, but the season isn't over yet.

• Fire 1

I am not a sunshine pumper, this was actually a bit of a heart-breaking loss because, for the first time in a while, there was a visible path to victory. I think earlier this season (probably after UCLA) how much I hated the losses that were the result of TOTAL domination, where it wasn't possible to see those one or two tweaks that could have resulted in a win. For the first time in a while following a loss, I think that this actually DOES bode well for the future, or, at least, it bodes less badly.

+1

Little stuff here and there is what makes this game frustrating, and Bo Pelini coached teams frustrating overall. The defense has shown improvement, but now the team has to finish the year. They won't reach their goals, but the season isn't over yet.

Yeah, but I guess I haven't been that frustrated at some of the really bad blowouts the last couple years because there was NO WAY that there was a win just slipping from the team's grasp. So often the losses have just looked like helpless floundering. It was actually kind of NICE to be frustrated instead of just laughing at the absurdity of it.

I feel like I should be ok with this, all season I've said if we have some fight we should be happy with a hard fought loss.

I'm pissed. Maybe its the 5 turnovers and for whatever reason Pelini's teams are mentally fragile. I think he needs to be gone. I like the guy, and I go back and forth on it, but I think this does it for me. I know he didn't drop those balls and throw those picks, but he takes responsibility for the results on the field. Year after year it happens. It is no longer flukes, it is a pattern. You can look back and see it.

The fact that Nebraska was even in the game in the second half shows that MSU is not that great of a team. With all the gifts they were given (They only forced 2 of the 5 TOs and that INT by TA was thrown right to the DB as well, but I'll say they forced that one) in our territory and to have it a 1 score game int he 4th quarter is a joke. That last TD only scored because the D was on the field for 39 minutes! They were gassed!

That vaunted defense wasn't very impressive to me, Nebraska ran at will when they could hold onto the football. And the D was helped by hardly ever being on the field.

OSU wipes the field with these chumps.

This was the one game that I thought we would lose, so I'm not disappointed at all. We've got some really nice things going on in this team and I for one am looking forward to watching us grow. Our defense is exciting and our Oline as banged up as they were hung in there. The turnovers killed us. I think if we could've held on to the ball the game might've been closer.

They had a decent game plan but we have a young team, a banged up bunch of guys but this loss wasn't a 'hand-wringing' loss like some of them have been. I'm looking forward to next year. I think we could be wicked good next year! GBR!