2014 Starting Quarterback

i was hoping we weren't going to go full retard...

Against teams with a pulse, Armstrong is a turnover machine. I'm hoping Stanton takes the reins next year.

Well we gave Martinez 3 1/3 years of turning the ball over so I guess it makes sense that you want Armstrong gone already.

I don't care who plays, I just want ball security. But we'll have a sophomore and a redshirt freshman next year for our choices. I'm guessing we'll have issues with either one.

This Armstrong kid has had enough time! He's not the guy. I mean, six games into your freshman year at this level and you still make mistakes. STANTON STANTON STANTON!

what?

i was hoping we weren't going to go full retard...

Against teams with a pulse, Armstrong is a turnover machine. I'm hoping Stanton takes the reins next year.

Well we gave Martinez 3 1/3 years of turning the ball over so I guess it makes sense that you want Armstrong gone already.

I don't care who plays, I just want ball security. But we'll have a sophomore and a redshirt freshman next year for our choices. I'm guessing we'll have issues with either one.

This Armstrong kid has had enough time! He's not the guy. I mean, six games into your freshman year at this level and you still make mistakes. STANTON STANTON STANTON!

what?

I can't do the insert smart ass ICON on my iPad. It's a joke.

I'll be ok with Tommy starting next year IF he shows vast improvement on his pass accuracy.

Passing is a fad in college football. Yeah, sure, everybody but Nebraska tries to put at least one guy who can pass on the field when they have the ball, but does it really expand your playbook that much? It also puts your two wideouts in bad positions to recover fumbles and block.

Nope, we need someone who can run as a quarterback. Someone who can feast after Ameer Abdullah and Imani Cross can set the table for them, because those two can't carry the load.

Lets just not have a QB next year. Think about it, then we eouldnt have a player to blame. Run everything outta the wildcat. Nobody will see that coming!

YES! Ameer and little Jordy Westerkamp comin at ya from the backfield?? Seriously, not the whole time, but cant the offense use a little wrinkle like this?

Lets just not have a QB next year. Think about it, then we eouldnt have a player to blame. Run everything outta the wildcat. Nobody will see that coming!

YES! Ameer and little Jordy Westerkamp comin at ya from the backfield?? Seriously, not the whole time, but cant the offense use a little wrinkle like this?

Im all for this. BUT ball security must be imprinted on their brain for this to work effectively.

I'll be ok with Tommy starting next year IF he shows vast improvement on his pass accuracy.

Passing is a fad in college football. Yeah, sure, everybody but Nebraska tries to put at least one guy who can pass on the field when they have the ball, but does it really expand your playbook that much? It also puts your two wideouts in bad positions to recover fumbles and block.

Nope, we need someone who can run as a quarterback. Someone who can feast after Ameer Abdullah and Imani Cross can set the table for them, because those two can't carry the load.

Unless you have an O line that are bulldozers or Barry Sanders you need the pass bowfin. Just sayin'.

amd-bulldozer-o.gif

You can't have this either lol.

gif-bulldozer-work-boy-538786.gif

So, this is what we're doing now? Looking past the new guy for an even newer guy? Everyone screams for Tommy to replace Taylor, and now we're speculating on his replacement. FFS.

Did you really expect that to not happen? Im glad we got to see what Armstrong can do but regardless it just seemed like Stanton had an edge to him that the staff seemed to be drooling over. It will be a tight race but given TAs starts he will likely get the nod.

So, this is what we're doing now? Looking past the new guy for an even newer guy? Everyone screams for Tommy to replace Taylor, and now we're speculating on his replacement. FFS.

I never wanted Armstrong to replace a moderately healthy Taylor. Sadly Martinez isn't anywhere close to moderately healthy. I always thought Stanton would be the guy next year. Nothing from this season has given me a reason to doubt that