Putting the 9 wins debate to bed

$4,000,000+ is plenty of reasons....we will not bargain shop again.

Well, UCLA told him to name his price. So I'd like to hear another reason other than we can pay him a lot of money because at least the last time he was seriously approached, he turned a lot of money down.

Look, I am not advocating Peterson. He is not even on my short list. What my angle was is that we are going to open the wallet for our next hire when Bo is gone. Which Vegas feels is this season. EZ i get your view on all of this you think Bo and staff rock at recruiting and are these awesome people that love Nebraska and it is their dream jobs etc. We are obviously both on completely opposing sides on this and practically all things pertaining to the direction of the program.

Look, I am not advocating Peterson. He is not even on my short list. What my angle was is that we are going to open the wallet for our next hire when Bo is gone. Which Vegas feels is this season. EZ i get your view on all of this you think Bo and staff rock at recruiting and are these awesome people that love Nebraska and it is their dream jobs etc. We are obviously both on completely opposing sides on this and practically all things pertaining to the direction of the program.

So you are basing the idea of Bo being removed on what Vegas thinks? Where do you get the idea we'll open up the checkbook if a change is made? A magic 8 ball?

9 wins is the ceiling for the current staff, This is a staff that for the most part is all experiencing everything for the first time at their respective positions,

The first 3 yrs bo made great progress as a coach and CEO but since then has stagnated and reached his ceiling.

I fully believe that the program has simply reached a ceiling under the current staff. Just like players have athletic ceilings, I think a lot of coaches (especially in their first jobs) have ceilings as well and that is what we are experiencing!

At this point we need to figure out our future expectations and if we expect to be fighting to be in the top 10 rather than the top 25 then thank Bo and the staff for bringing the program out of the abyss we were in and move on to someone who can.

So you are basing the idea of Bo being removed on what Vegas thinks? Where do you get the idea we'll open up the checkbook if a change is made? A magic 8 ball?

How much did we pay our new AD? We are not playing around anymore and bargain shopping. Take that to the bank EZ

Well, UCLA told him to name his price. So I'd like to hear another reason other than we can pay him a lot of money because at least the last time he was seriously approached, he turned a lot of money down.

You've been told this before, but more money, better facilities in place to recruit, a better conference for more BCS success and Lincoln is more like his hometown than la is.

How much did we pay our new AD? We are not playing around anymore and bargain shopping. Take that to the bank EZ

Take this to the bank as well:

Unless he is fired for cause, Bo will be the head coach next year.

Should I take that to the bank with "Bo recruits better than Callahan" too?

You've been told this before, but more money, better facilities in place to recruit, a better conference for more BCS success and Lincoln is more like his hometown than la is.

Here's something you haven't heard before:

My uncle was an accounting professor at Boise State. He is now a big time booster at BSU. My mother was out for the BSU - Southern Miss game and sat in his press box. The common feeling among the boosters out there is that if he didn't leave to UCLA he was going to be there till he retired. I had a conversation with QMany about this Saturday as my mom was telling the story.

Should I take that to the bank with "Bo recruits better than Callahan" too?

All I'd ask for is an elaboration as to why you say it.

Here's something you haven't heard before:

My uncle was an accounting professor at Boise State. He is now a big time booster at BSU. My mother was out for the BSU - Southern Miss game and sat in his press box. The common feeling among the boosters out there is that if he didn't leave to UCLA he was going to be there till he retired. I had a conversation with QMany about this Saturday as my mom was telling the story.

I'm sure this is 100% true and the accuracy levels of booster statements at Boise are tremendously better than they are for Nebraska ones.

You often hear people mention how we are one of 4 teams to win 9+ games the last 5 seasons. They mention our company of Alabama, Oregon and Boise St. I figured we would take a closer look at these numbers and see if they still stack up

Alabama

3 National Championships

2 Conference Titles

4 BCS bowl appearances

Final Rank 6,1,10,1,1

Oregon

1 National Title Appearance

3 Conference Titles

4 BCS bowl appearances

Final Rank 10,11,3,4,2

Boise State

1 BCS bowl appearance