Putting the 9 wins debate to bed

Bo was not the top candidate, hell we interviewed Gill and Bo you really think we went for a home run hire? We took the cheap route because TO thought he could mold bo into something he isn't.

Bo had the job before Callahan was even fired. Gill was nothing more than a "feel good" interview. Trust me. I have my sources too.

And every other team in the nation has the same opportunities and has failed to do so.

Arlrighty. Let me ask you this, would you be willing to have a 7 win season once in a while if it meant a BCS win? A national title? Because I'd be willing to see some peaks and valleys rather than the flat road to nowhere that we've been riding.

What is "every once in a while?" The BCS bowl selection is a complete joke.

Nobody here is joking when speaking of the desire to win a conference championship, which makes it seriously simple to qualify for BCS bowls.

A five loss Wisconsin team was able to make a BCS bowl. Now that is really sad.

Look at it this way, you can win 22 straight games playing in the B1G and it is hard to find anyone that is impressed. With that in mind, how do you think those outside of the Nebraska fan base view a 9 win B1G team?

And what would potential coaching candidates think with this situation in mind?

Look at it this way, you can win 22 straight games playing in the B1G and it is hard to find anyone that is impressed. With that in mind, how do you think those outside of the Nebraska fan base view a 9 win B1G team?

Hes an OSU fan, so I don't think he really cares what we do :D

Hes an OSU fan, so I don't think he really cares what we do :D

True but I want a strong Nebraska in the B1G.

Bo was not the top candidate, hell we interviewed Gill and Bo you really think we went for a home run hire? We took the cheap route because TO thought he could mold bo into something he isn't.

Who else was available at the time? Houston F'ing Nutt? I'm not going to question the call at the time, it seemed smart, it's what the fanbase was clamoring for from what I can recall.

This is the primary reason why most people don't want a change by the way. Fear of being wrong.

• Fire 1

So because Osborne didn't win every year he sucked? How many have we won since he left?

I'll continue to minimize it because it means absolutely nothing when we can't win a conference championship once in awhile. I find it hilarious that people from other Big 10 schools all think we deserve better than Pelini and we can't see it or refuse to acknwoledge that we could be great again so we just settle out of fear that we'll return back to the Cally days.

You will not find a single post where I've said Osborne sucked and it's unfortunate you would take that from what I wrote. I'm not concerned about what people from other Big 10 schools think, but consider me skeptical any other school worries about what Nebraska deserves. I am not in favor of sticking with Pelini out of fear. I am in favor of sticking with Pelini because he's successful.....and we've seen what the results can be of sticking with a coach versus being a coaching carousel.

No, we've seen what the results can be of sticking with a coaching staff. We had lots of years of experience with Osborne's staff. Unfortunately we seem to change someone every year here. It's a different business these days and as soon as we start having consistent success (if we see it) we'll lose more guys.

So because Osborne didn't win every year he sucked? How many have we won since he left?

I'll continue to minimize it because it means absolutely nothing when we can't win a conference championship once in awhile. I find it hilarious that people from other Big 10 schools all think we deserve better than Pelini and we can't see it or refuse to acknwoledge that we could be great again so we just settle out of fear that we'll return back to the Cally days.

You will not find a single post where I've said Osborne sucked and it's unfortunate you would take that from what I wrote. I'm not concerned about what people from other Big 10 schools think, but consider me skeptical any other school worries about what Nebraska deserves. I am not in favor of sticking with Pelini out of fear. I am in favor of sticking with Pelini because he's successful.....and we've seen what the results can be of sticking with a coach versus being a coaching carousel.

No, we've seen what the results can be of sticking with a coaching staff. We had lots of years of experience with Osborne's staff. Unfortunately we seem to change someone every year here. It's a different business these days and as soon as we start having consistent success (if we see it) we'll lose more guys.

I agree. Tom was his own OC and McBride got plenty of criticism before the five year run. The point being the method which produced the results we are so fond of.

Ironically, look who showed up at #9.

That's a couple of weeks old. Muschamp is not on the hot seat. Strong suspicion Pelini isn't either.

It has our updated record on there.

It shows the date right at the top to boot. Yes, things are getting toasty.

Why? Because a website called coacheshotseat.com says so, so it must be true?